Wiclow vs Dublin

Started by AMayoSheep, January 20, 2007, 02:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMayoSheep

Watching it now on setanta....honestly cant see wicklow winning
Its wic 0-0 dub 0-5 at the moment and even though wicklow are playin against the wind they dont seem to be up to dublin physically.

Hound

Any more updates would be greatly appreciated. Who's getting the scores?

Cheers

AMayoSheep

Score is Wiclow 1-1 Dublin 0-13.
Half time now.
Dublin playing some good stuff-only two wides,played behind a strong wind tjhough,

Josey Whales

h/t dublin 0-13 - wickla 1-1

keaney 0-4 (2f)
connolly 0-5 (3 f)
brogan 0-2
murray 0-1
bonner 0-1
dublin with the wind

wicklow living up to their billing of being the second worst team around. quite honestly micko must be askinh himself what has he let himself in for. a lot of senior club sides would beat wicklow. lack of the basics is astonishing.

AMayoSheep

Have to agree with you there josey.
Wcklow dont seem to have a game plan at all!
Dont know why micko choose them...hardly the money ::)-its not for the wealth of talent anyway!!

Hound

AMayoSheep

10 mins left...wiclow 5points down with dublin not having scored in this half.
Its not over yet!!
Go on Wicklow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bogball XV

Quote from: Josey Whales on January 20, 2007, 02:56:15 PM
wicklow living up to their billing of being the second worst team around. quite honestly micko must be askinh himself what has he let himself in for. a lot of senior club sides would beat wicklow. lack of the basics is astonishing.
A bit harsh there Josey (i'm not actually watching the game), they've had a few near misses in the championship in recent years, i reckon there are a few sides out there who are worse.

AMayoSheep

Paul McGrath is in the crowd
Band wagons started early this year  ;)

Josey Whales

dublin 0-15 (keaney- brogan added points)
wicklow 1-5

very poor second half by dublin- faded badly-  brogan or keaney prob man of the match. Just in  reference to Bogball (who wasn't watching the game) - i would be surprised if there are many teams out there worse than wicklow. Dublin had 5 starters from the mayo game last year -that's wicklow's full team bar one. If I were Micko i'd be concerned.
Dublin will get there first test next week- but the tyrone match will be a different ball game. Forwards showed well- connolly played well even though he has a habit of fading out of games. Brogan and kenaey were excellent- bonner roasted the full back before he went off and derek murray had a fine game. Backs were solid rather than spectacular but i still think this where the difficulties lie. O Mahony had a great first half but again faded badly. Full back looks like it will be still an issue.

Bogball XV

i watched them beat Derry well down in Aughrim 3 years ago Josey, and when we came back to play them in the qualifiers there wasn't that much in it (and we reached the AISF that year).  Although admittedly they were very poor last year.  BTW who are their sponsors -  Ballymore Properties?

tayto

Another match played in a gale so it's really hard to know whether lads were fading out in the second half, taking the foot off the pedal from being so far ahead or just struggling plain old against the wind.

O'Shea had his hands full, but over all i thought we weathered the fight back at the start of the second half okay and played into the wind a lot better then the 2 point return would suggest, some very poor shot selection. Either way it was a 'professional' enough performance from a very inexperienced side, job done.

AMayoSheep

Yea its ballymore properties that sponsers them alright
Same crowd that sponser roscommon.

Bulwinkle

During the week i thought that this game could have been moved to Croke Park to accomodate the best GAA fans in the world.  I thought that it could have been the first game under lights in Croker, and thousands of Dubs would have been at Jones Road.  Considering the hassle that they made over the Longford game last year i expected similar this week.

However this morning i woke up and it was raining, so i have to agree with the GAA on not moving the game.  I then watched the game i assume that all the Dublin fans found it difficult to go the short journey down the road...great fans indeed.

To those Dublin fans who went, i say fair play to you.  Decent fans, great fans like all counties have.  I hope that you get tickets for the bigger games in the summer.

tayto