Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

My in-laws and many colleagues over the years have loved Centre Parcs (may be pricey). 

whatifs

lads thinking of going to dubai in october for 5 nights,what area would yous recommend?have been looking at hotels and can be a big price difference and going by what i can read maninly looks like the beach or town area as best options,anyone been and what did they think,still undecided on it or new york.

laoislad

Quote from: Abble on July 04, 2018, 08:08:16 AM
trying to put one or two ideas together for 3-4 nights away and having been told Haven holidays in UK are great, so thinking about blackpool and stena from belfast to liverpool maybe.

has anyone any recommendations or similar alternatives before I go flying in....we have 2 kids who are 7 & 9, so just a small holiday was the thinking....so if you have been to a great spot across the water and can recommend me anything, thanks  :)
Just back from a similar holiday. We took the fast ferry from Dublin to Holyhead and went to Thomas Land near Birmingham, it's part of a bigger theme park called Drayton Manor. My boys loved it but they are a bit younger than yours https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk.
We rented a self cartering apartment here for the week. https://www.diamondresortsandhotels.com/Resorts/Wychnor-Park-Country-Club?mkc=GOOGLE.
On the way back to Holyhead we stopped off at Anfield and did the stadium tour. So if you were getting ferry to Liverpool it's only about 2hrs to the place we stayed in.
Great holiday.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trueblue1234

Quote from: whatifs on July 10, 2018, 01:46:02 PM
lads thinking of going to dubai in october for 5 nights,what area would yous recommend?have been looking at hotels and can be a big price difference and going by what i can read maninly looks like the beach or town area as best options,anyone been and what did they think,still undecided on it or new york.

Went to Dubai on the honeymoon years ago. Stayed in the town area as we were then going on to a beach holiday afterwards. We stayed in the Hilton and it was fantastic but would have preferred the beach area on hindsight.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

nrico2006

Any ideas on where you can park near the Giants Causeway if you are not looking to use the visitors centre?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 11, 2018, 11:51:43 AM
Any ideas on where you can park near the Giants Causeway if you are not looking to use the visitors centre?

You can still use the main carpark ( I think)

An Watcher

Just back from a week in Portugal and considering next year's holiday already. 
Anyone much experience of the eurocamps.  We were thinking of June next year but obviously flights aren't out yet.  Concerned that by the time the flights come out around October our preferred choices could be gone?  Also, any advice on France, Spain or Italy?

Dougal Maguire

I'd strongly recommend a Eurocamp holiday. There's a crowd called Venue Holidays who used to be much cheaper than the others.
Careful now

Milltown Row2

All the camp companies are good, eurocamp keycamp but if you like a resort you're better to phone/email them directly as you'll get the same vans far cheaper.. though the kids might not be able to use the kids club!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Quote from: An Watcher on July 25, 2018, 09:44:02 PM
Just back from a week in Portugal and considering next year's holiday already. 
Anyone much experience of the eurocamps.  We were thinking of June next year but obviously flights aren't out yet.  Concerned that by the time the flights come out around October our preferred choices could be gone?  Also, any advice on France, Spain or Italy?
Book your preferred camp asap, the dates soon get picked over. Check your flight schedules and plan accordingly. Easier to take a night off your camp booking than to add a night - to accomodate flights, if you know what i mean.

screenexile

Did La Rive there in last week of May for the first time on a Eurocamp holiday and it was absolutely fantastic.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough we had a brilliant hike and the kids absolutely loved it. Not sure where we will go next year but will definitely do something similar. Really cheap I thought as well something around £350 for the week for 4 of us through Al Fresco.

An Watcher

Thanks for the help folks.
Just have to decide now on location.  Considering Marina di Venezia outside Venice but will probably see a different one tomorrow!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: An Watcher on July 26, 2018, 11:54:30 AM
Just have to decide now on location.  Considering Marina di Venezia outside Venice but will probably see a different one tomorrow!

One we stayed at south of Pisa, it was great, flights took us into Pisa and it was 30/40 minute drive, great spot, and a nudist beach accross the road! not that i went or anything! :-X
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: An Watcher on July 26, 2018, 11:54:30 AM
Shop around. As someone mentioned earlier the bigger companies have kids and teenager clubs which are great but booking with a site or with a small crowd like Venue is good too. Bella Italia on lake Garda is good as well. Lots to do there -Gardaland theme park for instance which is one of the best in Europe It used to be the case when our kids were going that if you book now you get next years holiday at this year's price.
Careful now

StephenC

Heading to Ca' Savio near Venice next week and need to throw out the obligatory 'where can I watch the last round of the super-8s'?