Under Armour

Started by polious, January 16, 2007, 11:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Is this under armour all the fashion these days just like lycra cycling shorts a few years ago or John Barnes' black tights?

dodo

I think Aushtie O'Malley wears something like this armour gear. Or else polo necks are de rigeur in Louisburg under football jerseys.

Anyone else ?

Captain Scarlet

i see o'neills have some too in arnotts.
its hardly armour mind more insulating. was thinkin of gettin some for training where they would keep the muscles warm and stop you pulling anything. the lycra shorts were the same idea for lads with bad hammies.
dont see too much need for the armour in matches unless its bitter cold.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

tayto

Yea i was thinking the same, armour? isnt it just to keep you warm?

lynchbhoy

fair enough
the name was misleading- I thought it was that padded vest craic that rugby players wear

I can see the point in keeping the hamstrings warm, but not for the rest of the body
if you are giving it 100% in training, you wont be cold...

Captain Scarlet

the cantebury stuff is called armour but as far as i can tell there is no paddin.
if we went down that route lads would be goin out with the rugbytech shoulder pads and the likes.
there is some stuff that is slightly padded coz i remember seeing clancy of laois in a magazine ad for it.
it has become a fashion thing with loads of our minors gone out to buy the black cantebury ones to match the jerseys i hear.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

rolloutking

QuoteTo the fool calling himself iceman, il have you know that canterbury did release their product first. One of the main selling points of the canterbury version was that it gives some form of protection to the chest and ribcage from heavy impact. As it is skin tight and made from a seris of interwoven fibres it locks heat in and when sweat forms on the surface of the skin it is transported through the garment to the outer layer where it evaporates dues to sunlight.

Nike first came out with their product in Spring of 2006 and used Theiry Henry as the image of the product. The slogan was "An athletes secret weapon" and the product was designed to act as a lightweight under garment to keep you warm while not restricting your movement and weighing you down. The description of the product is as follows:

"It's all about the edge. We integrate an amazing array of innovative designs and high-performance fabrics to help athletes perform in any weather, under any condition. We manage moisture, add comfort, inspire performance. It's everything from basketball apparel to studio-influenced women's fitness wear to outerwear to ward off the effects of weather."

So your statement that American football players have been using them for years seems to defy time considering that they were only released last year. If you knew your facts you would realise that American footballers wear proper protection under their jerseys such as shoulder pads, chest packs and cups. Hence the reason they are so big. Look at the product description again and ask yourself, why would an american footballer wear a piece of womens fitness gear under their jerseys.

I guess thats you put in your box.

tayto

Don't you know your stuff!

aontroim

Just to be pedantic - Nike ISN'T Under Armour - they are 2 different companies and Under Armour were the first on the market.....

About Under Armour
It started with a simple plan to make a superior T-shirt. A shirt that provided compression and wicked perspiration off your skin rather than absorb it. A shirt that worked with your body to regulate temperature and enhance performance.

Founded in 1996 by former University of Maryland football player Kevin Plank, Under Armour is the originator of performance apparel - gear engineered to keep athletes cool, dry and light throughout the course of a game, practice or workout. The technology behind Under Armour's diverse product assortment for men, women and youth is complex, but the program for reaping the benefits is simple: wear HeatGear® when it's hot, ColdGear® when it's cold, and AllSeasonGear® between the extremes.

QuoteSo your statement that American football players have been using them for years seems to defy time considering that they were only released last year. If you knew your facts you would realise that American footballers wear proper protection under their jerseys such as shoulder pads, chest packs and cups. Hence the reason they are so big. Look at the product description again and ask yourself, why would an american footballer wear a piece of womens fitness gear under their jerseys.

I guess thats you put in your box.

Not quite  :D

CavanCola

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 18, 2007, 03:12:37 PM
fair enough
the name was misleading- I thought it was that padded vest craic that rugby players wear

I can see the point in keeping the hamstrings warm, but not for the rest of the body
if you are giving it 100% in training, you wont be cold...

Lynch boy,
I'm pretty sure that the compression given by the fabric also reduces the amount of Lactic acid by increasing blood flow in Muscle tissue and thus helps prevent cramp and aids recovery. Its not just for keeping your hammers warm!!!