The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 23, 2017, 01:59:22 AM
So Republicans are for wage inequality, but the Obama White House and the Clinton Campaign BOTH pay their female staff less than their male staff

Republican policies cause inequality, yet Hillary gives us all a lecture about inequality while wearing a $12K jacket

Republicans wage war against women, yet Democrats eulogize a man like Ted Kennedy who left a young woman to drown (a young woman he was screwing, while married to his wife)

The Republicans are all for fossil fuel, yet Democrats like the Kennedys and others throw a $hit fit when an offshore wind farm is planned for Nantucket Sound (because it will spoil their yachting)

Joe Scarborough uses a great term all the time....self awareness.  Do the Democrats not realise they have become a parody of themselves. They foisted a candidate onto the ballot who was so distasteful, that people who voted for Barack Obama TWICE, turned sides and voted for Donald fvckin Trump

You posted this before.

Its no more correct now than it was then.

First, were the males in the Obama admin and Clinton campaign getting paid more for the same jobs?

Second, hypocrisy on the part of a person or even a family (both Kennedys) are irrelevant when it comes to the veracity of actual policies and facts espoused by a political party or movement. That the likes of Susan Collins is exhibiting some measure of sanity and compassion when it comes to the healthcare debate currently taking place doesn't mean that the overall Republican Party leadership and most of its congressional party are serious and realistic about addressing the healthcare issue.

J70

Various GOP politicians are on the record acknowledging (unwittingly or not) that their voter supression tactics are motivated by trying to reduce minority and youth participation, purely because those are Democratic constituencies. The attempts to restrict Sunday voting and the like are only the most obvious manifestations of this.

But the current Kobach mess is about one thing and one thing only - the Travesty in Chief's bruised ego. Its the equivalent of his claims about the inauguration crowds - baseless, bald-faced lying in a deluded attempt to safe face. He doesn't give a flying f**k about vote integrity. He only cares that he lost the popular vote, by a lot, and his fucked up pea brain just can't handle the embarrassment. The longer this Kobach charade goes on, the further off the egomaniac can put facing up to that fact.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 27, 2017, 02:00:18 AM
So Republicans are for wage inequality, but the Obama White House and the Clinton Campaign BOTH pay their female staff less than their male staff

Republican policies cause inequality, yet Hillary gives us all a lecture about inequality while wearing a $12K jacket

Republicans wage war against women, yet Democrats eulogize a man like Ted Kennedy who left a young woman to drown (a young woman he was screwing, while married to his wife)

The Republicans are all for fossil fuel, yet Democrats like the Kennedys and others throw a $hit fit when an offshore wind farm is planned for Nantucket Sound (because it will spoil their yachting)

Joe Scarborough uses a great term all the time....self awareness.  Do the Democrats not realise they have become a parody of themselves. They foisted a candidate onto the ballot who was so distasteful, that people who voted for Barack Obama TWICE, turned sides and voted for Donald fvckin Trump

You posted this before.

First, were the males in the Obama admin and Clinton campaign getting paid more for the same jobs?

Second, hypocrisy on the part of a person or even a family (both Kennedys) are irrelevant when it comes to the veracity of actual policies and facts espoused by a political party or movement. That the likes of Susan Collins is exhibiting some measure of sanity and compassion when it comes to the healthcare debate currently taking place doesn't mean that the overall Republican Party leadership and most of its congressional party are serious and realistic about addressing the healthcare issue.

Hypocrites have ZERO credibility

Don't fvckin lecture me about inequality wearing a $12k jacket

Don't lecture me about pay inequLity when your campaign and foundation pay their female staffers less thaN their male staffers

Don't dare lecture me about paying my "fair share" when you and your family use every trick known to mankind to avoid paying YOUR fair share.

Anyone with half a brain knows these sound bites Democrats use are nonsense and are used by Dems to "explain" to their less well informed supporters why they're not getting ahead in life....

Hardy

Quote from: whitey on July 23, 2017, 05:52:42 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 23, 2017, 05:42:12 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 23, 2017, 04:43:13 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 23, 2017, 04:36:04 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 23, 2017, 03:20:28 PM
Quote from: CiKe on July 23, 2017, 01:26:34 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 22, 2017, 06:15:30 PM
Quote from: CiKe on July 22, 2017, 09:17:30 AM
Quote from: whitey on July 22, 2017, 03:18:45 AM
Quote from: omochain on July 21, 2017, 10:45:55 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 21, 2017, 12:03:00 PM
Who is "Pocohontas" and why are you calling her that?

I believe he is referring to Elizabeth Warren. Senator from Massachusetts. She has a small piece of Native American Dna in her and it is what the right use to denigrate her. She is one of the few people who have taken on Wall Street and won. The right are scared "shitless" of her. Do not understand why Stew is so dismissive, she would be of a similar stripe to Bernie Sanders but smarter and Stew supported Bernie until recently. But I forgot Stew is a perfectly balanced Harps man. He has a chip on both shoulders.

Elizabeth Warren fraudently claimed to be a Native American and took a job at the expense of a "real" minority as a lecturer at Harvard.

I think she got paid close to $400K to teach ONE class at Harvard, yet rants and raves about college affordability and student debt

She had bough foreclosed properties and flipped them for a profit

She lives in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Boston and her house is worth anywhere from $1M to $5M

She is what one would refer to as a limousine liberal.  I actually like some of her ideas, but she would win a gold medal on the Olympics for hypocrisy if sucha competition existed

Can someone not earn a lot of money and live in an expensive house and not care about others? "Anywhere from $1mn to $5mn". That is a helluva range which only goes to show you haven't a clue (nor do I). To care about others should you take a vow of poverty?

Yaaaawwwwwnnn. .......Well if you knew anything about mandatory disclosures....politicians give a range of what various assets are worth....this is the number she submitted...so maybe you are the one who doesn't have a clue

I quite clearly said I didn't have a clue. However, the fact reading is a problem for you might explain how you missed answering the question asked. It might also explain your inability to explore beyond an echo chamber.

Lectues about inequality from 1% wealthy elites who inhabit the Ivory towers ring hollow with me. 

Having lived almost exclusively in Blue States for the past 25 years, I have seen these people in action time and time again........and its not pretty.  Theres a person in my town who has a "We are the 99%" bumper sticker on her Prius.  She and her husband (whos a surgeon) almost litigated their unfortunate neighbor into the poor house. (He had inherited the house from his grandmother). At the heel of the hunt, he had to put his house on the market and then couldnt sell it because the 99%'rs next door were such cvnts no one wanted to live beside them.  THEY then bough the house on the cheap, and promptly knocked it so that they could extend their garden.  Lovely people

Edit:  Last time I checked....they also had an Elizabeth Warren sticker on their car

And ... ?

Elizabeth Warren is a fraud and a phony
OK - I had no idea. Thanks for the information.

and so are her supporters
Your little parable does was interesting, but don't try to use it as evidence for this conclusion.

...at least the ones I know
Ah yes.

Absolute classic alt-right diversion. An immigrant mugged an old lady in my town. Therefore immigrants are causing an increase in crime rates. And we know the opposite is true - crime rates are lower in high-immigration areas. But Tucker Carlson's audience won't ever hear that.

I have lived in predominantly blue states for 25 years and my real life experiences have led me to form the opinion that wealthy uber liberals like Elizabeth Warren and Ted Kennedy really dont give a flying fvck about anyone or anything but themselves.  They just peddle a different flavor of bullshit to an equally uneducated and ill informed base

Im sure your past 25 years of life experience would lead to you having opinions about a variety of topics

What my life experience has taught me is that it's not the right or wrong of your argument that defines you. People will assess your opinions by the issues you choose to be concerned about and the people you choose to criticise versus those you don't. The principle used to be stated in the maxim, "show me your company and I'll tell you who you are".

Positing a moral equivalence between the behaviours of Warren and Trump is like getting upset about waiting too long at the manicure salon where a gunman has murdered half the  staff.

whitey

Where or when have I ever expressed support for Donald Trump?

Denn Forever

Quote from: whitey on July 27, 2017, 12:09:17 PM

Never.  You'd be a bernie supporter.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 27, 2017, 03:20:01 AM

You posted this before.

Don't lecture me about pay inequLity when your campaign and foundation pay their female staffers less thaN their male staffers

Don't dare lecture me about paying my "fair share" when you and your family use every trick known to mankind to avoid paying YOUR fair share.

Anyone with half a brain knows these sound bites Democrats use are nonsense and are used by Dems to "explain" to their less well informed supporters why they're not getting ahead in life....

What does a 12K jacket have to do with anything?

Every person running for president is well off. Even Bernie, while much less wealthy than your average senator, is a millionaire.

This jacket nonsense is just a red herring. Simple ad hominen attack.

And once again, given that you're repeating it yet again, was this pay disparity you're upset about for people doing the same or similar jobs or with the same experience and expertise?

And given that you're on the record as supporting Romney, who said it would basically be unpatriotic to pay a cent more in taxes than he was legally required to do, your "outrage" once again smacks of attacking the man so you don't have to deal with the message.

Hardy

Quote from: whitey on July 27, 2017, 12:09:17 PM

Who, where or when, has said you did?

whitey

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 27, 2017, 12:20:30 PM

You posted this before.

Every person running for president is well off. Even Bernie, while much less wealthy than your average senator, is a millionaire.

And once again, given that you're repeating it yet again, was this pay disparity you're upset about for people doing the same or similar jobs or with the same experience and expertise?

And given that you're on the record as supporting Romney, who said it would basically be unpatriotic to pay a cent more in taxes than he was legally required to do, your "outrage" once again smacks of attacking the man so you don't have to deal with the message.

The Democrats have you well and truely codded.

They play this class warfare card as a way to gin up support among their less well informed supporters, yet they themselves participate in exactly the same 1% behaviors that they find so offensive among Republicans. 

They are essentially telling poor people that they are poor because other people (ie Republicans) are rich, which if you have live in this country for more than 10 minutes you know is a crock

johnneycool

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 27, 2017, 01:47:07 PM

You posted this before.

They play this class warfare card as a way to gin up support among their less well informed supporters, yet they themselves participate in exactly the same 1% behaviors that they find so offensive among Republicans. 

They are essentially telling poor people that they are poor because other people (ie Republicans) are rich, which if you have live in this country for more than 10 minutes you know is a crock

If the Dems have me "truly codded", it shouldn't be too difficult for you to address my points instead of ignoring them.

And I fail to see how advocating for progressive tax and public services/safety net and gay rights and environmental protection amount to fraudulent policies designed to hoodwink.

Especially coming from a man who supports the party of alternative facts which is beholden to conspiracy theories about everything from vote fraud to evolution to climate change to sharia law to martial law to the gay agenda and Agenda 21.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 27, 2017, 02:23:02 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 27, 2017, 01:47:07 PM

You posted this before.

If the Dems have me "truly codded", it shouldn't be too difficult for you to address my points instead of ignoring them.

And I fail to see how advocating for progressive tax and public services/safety net and gay rights and environmental protection amount to fraudulent policies designed to hoodwink.

Especially coming from a man who supports the party of alternative facts which is beholden to conspiracy theories about everything from vote fraud to evolution to climate change to sharia law to martial law to the gay agenda and Agenda 21.

You keep chaninging the subject.

The reason I dislike so many Democratic politicians is that they are hypocrites, and in my view hypocrites have no credibility. They are classic "Do as I say, not do as I do" types, because what they do is exactly what the "1% Republicans" do.

Just because I despise the false rhetoric perpetrated by the likes of Hillary Clintonand Elizabeth Warren does not mean I automatically agree with everything the Republican Party stands for. In fact I probably agree with the Democrats on more issues than I disagree with them on....eg climate, guns, minimum wage, LGBT rights, policing.

And by the way I'm not a Republican, I'm a conservative.

whitey

Quote from: Hardy on July 27, 2017, 02:32:09 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 27, 2017, 01:21:42 PM
You just did

I did? Where? When?

Your own words

"Positing a moral equivalence between the behaviours of Warren and Trump is like getting upset about waiting too long at the manicure salon where a gunman has murdered half the  staff."

I never did any such thing