The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpen

That part with the audience was painful. Plenty of improvement needed. Give him a pass for his first night.
Ah f**k now it's these two Tipperary gobshites.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: square_ball on September 15, 2023, 10:07:51 PM
He showed more wit and charisma in that first 5 minutes than the previous tube did in however long he done the gig for.

He'll be limited by the calibre of guests that RTE can get for him. Hopefully they can pull out all the stops for him.

This
Some his stuff takes me back to when he was on BBC all them yonks ago. Mostly good if not perfect. Far funnier and more genuine than others but the quality of guests won't help. Good luck to him

Gold

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 15, 2023, 10:46:30 PM
Quote from: square_ball on September 15, 2023, 10:07:51 PM
He showed more wit and charisma in that first 5 minutes than the previous tube did in however long he done the gig for.

He'll be limited by the calibre of guests that RTE can get for him. Hopefully they can pull out all the stops for him.

This
Some his stuff takes me back to when he was on BBC all them yonks ago. Mostly good if not perfect. Far funnier and more genuine than others but the quality of guests won't help. Good luck to him

Agreed, he's genuinely funny. I'm laughing my balls off and sortve forgetting it's the late late

Far more genuine and watchable

Obviously a bit nervy at the start but he's likeable
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Aristo 60

Itchy

How come Imelda May wasn't on for f**k sake.

Also, can't believe they didn't get the Astro physicist from Portmarnock on.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Nervy enough start.

McAleese and McClean on a different level to the rest of the guests.

Captain Scarlet

Jaysus. The fella seems likeable and actually gives a shite about his guests...that's a big improvement!
I thought the trio was a bad move for a booking and the 2Johnnies comes across as lazy - RTE canteen. Again nitot on him.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

RedHand88

I was suprised that mcclean had never been on before, considering how much of an Irish sporting icon he is and everything that has happened him.

marty34

Quote from: Itchy on September 15, 2023, 11:10:39 PM
How come Imelda May wasn't on for f**k sake.

Also, can't believe they didn't get the Astro physicist from Portmarnock on.

Haha.  That is a great story.

marty34

I think what'll help PK is that show is only 90mins, plus it'll be a shorter LLS season.

Throw in an ad or two and it'll be down to 80 mins.  Very manageable.

mrdeeds

The actor's strike is not going to help him in the short run. Thought McClean was excellent and what Kielty done well was let guests talk uninterrupted. Also looks like McClean doesn't think Kenny should stay on.

Tubberman

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on September 15, 2023, 11:23:17 PM
Nervy enough start.

McAleese and McClean on a different level to the rest of the guests.

The northern guests better than the southern guests is essentially what you're saying
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mario

How come Mary McAleese says she's a Co Down woman. I thought she was from North Belfast which is Co Antrim

seafoid

I really liked his intro
https://www.rte.ie/video/id/7575/

and the bit about the grandfather who was from Wexford and ended up in Dundrum. Because it was always one country and is temporarily divided. 
Those road signs that say "Enniskillen- the West" . FFS.

I think it's important to  have someone from the North presenting the flagship conversation now.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mario on September 16, 2023, 09:25:10 AM
How come Mary McAleese says she's a Co Down woman. I thought she was from North Belfast which is Co Antrim

Though she was from Ardoyne?