Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: Syferus on November 18, 2017, 01:36:31 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 17, 2017, 11:41:27 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on November 17, 2017, 10:50:51 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on November 17, 2017, 10:30:46 PM
Christy moore.....legend.

No matter how many times u see Christy , always brings a smile to your face.
Fair play to tubridy, unusually for RTE he allowed Christy to promote the fact that he takes pride in backing the underdog , a respected voice for controversial but conscientious causes.
Interesting how he uses creativity and talent to lighten the environment, while turning the screw on injustice , the Late late peaked tonight!
+1.
First time I looked at it in years because the Moorefield maestro was on it.
Christy magnificent .

I hear he's a fair arse on stage though.

Aye just right... pay to listen to him not some half cut tuneless arse singing along, shouting and clapping

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: balladmaker on November 18, 2017, 01:04:12 PM
QuoteI hear he's a fair arse on stage though.

Remember the night many years ago Christy played Newry Leisure Centre.  When the gig was over, they locked the exits from the hall so the punters couldn't leave.  The promoter took to the mic to announce no one was allowed to leave until Christy had left the carpark .... lovely.

That being true, not much point singing about The Stardust then.

Avondhu star

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on November 18, 2017, 04:13:25 PM

Remember the night many years ago Christy played Newry Leisure Centre.  When the gig was over, they locked the exits from the hall so the punters couldn't leave.  The promoter took to the mic to announce no one was allowed to leave until Christy had left the carpark .... lovely.

That being true, not much point singing about The Stardust then.

As hypocritical as the rest of Irish establishment whether he likes it or not
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Syferus

The Toy Show is on this week, lads.

I actually got some tickets for Christy in Vicar's Street, he may be a sour buggar but his talent has never been in question. Looking forward to it.

johnneycool

He was right.
Newry is an absolute mess to get through with heavy traffic. The lad needed a head start down the old Dublin road.

Denn Forever

For the family men and women out there, be prepared, it's the Toy Show tonight.  Get thinking of excuses if some one says, I hope Santy brings me that.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Gs Man

"Never write your Santa list before the Toy Show."  That's my advice to my kids.
Keep 'er lit

BennyCake

Quote from: johnneycool on November 30, 2017, 12:21:15 PM

He was right.
Newry is an absolute mess to get through with heavy traffic. The lad needed a head start down the old Dublin road.

Are you sure he didn't just want out early to get a 99 in Timoney's?

BennyCake

The toy show is as annoying as Children in Need night. Avoid at all costs watching all that crap.

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyCake on December 01, 2017, 05:25:36 PM
The toy show is as annoying as Children in Need night. Avoid at all costs watching all that crap.

Jaysus you're a grumpy auld hoor.

Syferus

I think it says something good about the disposition of Irish people when a toy show is the most watched program on television each year.

Fûck the usual begrudgers, it's usually good craic watching the toys not work half the time. Tubs has some monstrosity of a crowdsourced Christmas jumper he has to wear after trying to get away with wearing only a Christmas shirt last year.

BennyCake

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 01, 2017, 05:35:31 PM

Jaysus you're a grumpy auld hoor.

How dare y... Oh wait, maybe you're right!  ;D

laoislad

Only in your head.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Newbridge Exile

Big deal in our house ,our 7year old looking forward to it all week

Avondhu star

Whatever you say Ebenezer
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you