Beamish closing in cork

Started by the Deel Rover, December 05, 2008, 11:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

See that the beamish factory is closing next may having been there the past 400 years. 1st person i thought of was Hardy because i know he likes the stuff never really liked it myself and you never see it for sale in this part of the world
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Hardy

I've been frantically seeking assurances that the black nectar will continue to be brewed. So far, nothing concrete, but most people seem to think production will just be transferred up the road to Lady's Well.

I have  a few worries, though. The Lady's Well brewers brew Murphy - a milky, tasteless excuse for a stout. I'd be hugely concerned that they'd bring their Murphy practices to Beamish, or compromise the recipe or, worst of all, decide there's no reason to have two separate recipes and just brew it all  together and call  very second batch Beamish.

Another short term worry is the quality of Beamish that'll be sent out over the next few months by a crew of brewers about to lose their jobs.

Of course my concerns about my pint pale in comparison with what those people have to worry about now.