Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Very good game of football in dromintee this evening. low scoring with defences on top but there was some great ball played and with a big crowd roaring it was played with championship fervor. Dromintee lacked any scoring threat up front and this told despite dominating posession in the second half. john murtagh made the difference for cross and aor had a great game for the home side.

ref was grand. bad for both teams.

Hank Everlast

do the clubs have there county contingent available this weekend?!?!

ard mhaca abu

Quotedo the clubs have there county contingent available this weekend?!?!

no county players are not available this wkend...county trainin resumes on sat 12 may....

QuoteVery good game of football in dromintee this evening. low scoring with defences on top but there was some great ball played and with a big crowd roaring it was played with championship fervor. Dromintee lacked any scoring threat up front and this told despite dominating posession in the second half. john murtagh made the difference for cross and aor had a great game for the home side.

was at the game myself...didnt think it was that good of a game to be honest...poor conditions...thought paul kernan had a good game at full back..didnt give cathal orourke a kick....aidan orourke was by far dromintees best player..personally think he could still do a job for the county...

winsamsoon

Quote from the vultures out of Jungle book "ah now don't start that again" In relation to O' rourke being with county  :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

Any county boys playing last night?

Scarface

'Quote from the vultures out of Jungle book "ah now don't start that again" In relation to O' rourke being with county '

Too damn right - just like enormous Joe, i have had a bellyful of that one.

ard mhaca abu

QuoteAny county boys playing last night?

no county boys playing think they wont be allowed to play club football until the first round of the senior championship now...

Aghdavoyle

Great contest last night in very bad conditions. the monsoon showers in the first half along with the gale meant cross had us hemmed in our own half without controlling the scoreboard. dromintee defended very well, as cross did in the second half but a 2-5 half time deficit looked like a good first half return in the conditions for dromintee, with shannon carrying the ball at cross effectively and donaldson & mckeown driving the rangers forward from half back.

The sun came out for the second half and the wind dropped a few bars but it made for a much better game of football. dromintee dominated possession as cross had in the first half but couldn't get the scores on the board either. both teams were chipping away at points from frees. It was the usual story for us in the last ten minutes unfortunately. aidan o'rourke put us level with 7/8 to go with a monster point which was dromintee's first poit from play and there only looked like one winner. we missed several scoring chances before the impressive john murtagh worked a shooting opportunity on the stroke of full time to win it.

Disappointing for dromintee to lose this one. we were missing 6 of our best players and although cross had something similar out they have abetter capacity to replace their guys. It was great watching the battle between two good young midfielders in o'neill and McKenna and it was a fascinating duel. donaldson and mckeown defended very well for cross and murtagh's ability to get a shot in was a big difference between the two. for dromintee, shannon had a great first half and (apologies lads) aidan o'rourke gave absolute exhibition of long passing in the second half.

you can keep your man u Vs Chelsea

illdecide

You will find over the next month or so that Cross should take a defeat or two when the rest of the teams start to catch up with fitness and match practise. It should start against the Harps in the first round of the championship :o
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ard mhaca abu

QuoteYou will find over the next month or so that Cross should take a defeat or two when the rest of the teams start to catch up with fitness and match practise. It should start against the Harps in the first round of the championship

somehow i dont think so  ;D

illdecide

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on May 10, 2007, 11:54:27 AM
QuoteYou will find over the next month or so that Cross should take a defeat or two when the rest of the teams start to catch up with fitness and match practise. It should start against the Harps in the first round of the championship

somehow i dont think so  ;D

So What are you saying? that post belonged on the "Corney one for a Friday" Thread :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tir na nÓg

So what do you all think would be the number of points which would keep you safe from relegation? 12-14?

armaghniac

QuoteSo what do you all think would be the number of points which would keep you safe from relegation? 12-14?

More than Culloville will get, I think.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tir na nÓg

QuoteMore than Culloville will get, I think.

Two teams go down!

corn02

Crossmaglen 0-08  Dromintee 0-07

Typical example of how much of an effect wetaher can have on our game. Played in front of a very large attendance the standard in the first half was terrible, good handling was non existent and chances were at a premium. Cross got the scoring underway and quickly added three more. However two Aidan O Rourke frees followed by a score from Cross left it 5-2 at the break with Dromintee due to have a good breeze at their backs.

Half time came and the bad weather went. The wind died and the sun came out and an excellent half followed. Both teams exchanged points leaving it 7-3 before Dromintee staged a comback. Two Cathal O Rourke frees, followed by a Pauric Higgins point and a super effort from Aidan O Rourke left it 7-7 with time near up. John Murtagh then held off three Dromintee players to win the game, Murtagh had been excellent throughout and was Cross' best player. Best for Dromintee were Shannon, Aidan O Rourke and Eddie Martin.