Structural Engineers

Started by el_cuervo_fc, January 16, 2012, 09:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Have we any regular posters on here who are structural engineers?

Maybe someone who could do some steel calculations from time to time for building control applications at a competitive price?

take_yer_points

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on January 16, 2012, 09:16:34 AM

Maybe someone who could do some steel calculations from time to time for building control applications at a competitive price?

I used this company a year or so ago:

MCR Consulting Engineers Ltd
Consultant Structural & Civil Engineers
134 Great Victoria Street
Belfast
BT2 7BG

They were the most competitive I could find (£80 for the calculations for taking down a wall in the house). Not too bad considering the first quote I got was over £400 and that was being referred to someone through a friend

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: take_yer_points on January 16, 2012, 09:21:23 AM

Belfast
BT2 7BG

They were the most competitive I could find (£80 for the calculations for taking down a wall in the house). Not too bad considering the first quote I got was over £400 and that was being referred to someone through a friend

Cheers for that.  I have used a few different ones over the years but their prices are getting to be unrealistic for the work they are doing.  The more money you can save for a client the better.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: take_yer_points on January 16, 2012, 09:21:23 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on January 16, 2012, 09:16:34 AM

Belfast
BT2 7BG

Have expierence with the company above.

They are fairly good and should be fit to sort you out.