Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Main Street on June 22, 2015, 02:20:26 AM
Quote from: heffo on June 20, 2015, 08:22:39 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 19, 2015, 02:42:29 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on June 19, 2015, 01:45:44 PM
No amount of All Irelands can change the fact Cavanagh's actions that day were reprehensible.

Reprehensible? come off it. Cavanagh's actions were no more or no less than what I would expect any team mate of mine to do in a big game. The fact that the laws at the time allowed him to go relatively unpunished is not his fault.  I haven't met anyone who played at any sort of level who thought that Cavanagh did anything they wouldn't do themselves.

Except that time when a fella from Offaly wanted Cluxton sent off for same in 2007!
Dragging down McManus after he showed a clean pair of heels  and clear on goal was  frustrating as hell  but just foul play in the scheme of things. Brolly's rant was totally misplaced, AZ's expressed  sentiments on that incident  are spot on. Brolly was out of order and hypocritical.

Earlier in that game  Sean dragged down a player and got him yellow carded and in all probability was pleased with that,  gaining a handy scorable free and getting Monaghan's best player on a yellow.  That could  be called the  'double tyrone',  they probably have an award for that in Tyrone,  the 'best double tyrone of the year' award

Yeah I think I seen a banner for that award among the bunting going through Emyvale for the semi final.

Main Street

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 22, 2015, 06:51:03 AM
No amount of All Irelands can change the fact Cavanagh's actions that day were reprehensible.

Reprehensible? come off it. Cavanagh's actions were no more or no less than what I would expect any team mate of mine to do in a big game. The fact that the laws at the time allowed him to go relatively unpunished is not his fault.  I haven't met anyone who played at any sort of level who thought that Cavanagh did anything they wouldn't do themselves.

Except that time when a fella from Offaly wanted Cluxton sent off for same in 2007!
Dragging down McManus after he showed a clean pair of heels  and clear on goal was  frustrating as hell  but just foul play in the scheme of things. Brolly's rant was totally misplaced, AZ's expressed  sentiments on that incident  are spot on. Brolly was out of order and hypocritical.

Earlier in that game  Sean dragged down a player and got him yellow carded and in all probability was pleased with that,  gaining a handy scorable free and getting Monaghan's best player on a yellow.  That could  be called the  'double tyrone',  they probably have an award for that in Tyrone,  the 'best double tyrone of the year' award

Yeah I think I seen a banner for that award among the bunting going through Emyvale for the semi final.
The good citizens of Emyvale village would most certainly prefer if the drivers coming from Aughnacloy  were competent and kept their attention on the road,, so that they would negotiate the bend into main street without threatening life and limb.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Main Street on June 22, 2015, 10:37:26 AM

The good citizens of Emyvale village would most certainly prefer if the drivers coming from Aughnacloy  were competent and kept their attention on the road,, so that they would negotiate the bend into main street without threatening life and limb.

Build a bypass then...you can still put up the Tyrone flags on on the lampposts like in Clontibret

redhandefender

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 22, 2015, 03:41:31 PM

Build a bypass then...you can still put up the Tyrone flags on on the lampposts like in Clontibret

Call me stereotypical or whatever ye want but the 3 behind the car don't look like Tyrone wans! So ye cant blame us

Chimley

They'd more than likely be local onlookers then.

omaghjoe

Not to mention thon Monaghan hoors profiteering of the milk nutured from the fine pastures of Tyrone.
And to rub salt into the wound, try to blame us for their roads being shite.

Keep it in Strathroy then I say!

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: redhandefender on June 22, 2015, 04:12:03 PM

Call me stereotypical or whatever ye want but the 3 behind the car don't look like Tyrone wans! So ye cant blame us

I saw that Avensis there on Saturday morning. Can confirm it was a DL reg.. Made me think of this!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on June 22, 2015, 06:15:23 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on June 22, 2015, 04:12:03 PM

I saw that Avensis there on Saturday morning. Can confirm it was a DL reg.. Made me think of this!!

LOL actually think that's my fav line from Fr Ted

Mayo4Sam14

Joe Brolly is a very nice man.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Jinxy

God, Irish people love rumours.
Where would we be without them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Over the Bar

Ok deleted.  Plenty of men have been caught driving in the bus lane I suppose... but not Sean Cav that's for sure! !

Jinxy

He was probably caught diving in the bus lane at some stage.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Throw ball

Quote from: imagine on July 07, 2015, 11:18:46 PM
Quote from: imagine on July 07, 2015, 11:16:49 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on July 07, 2015, 09:59:51 PM
Ok deleted.  Plenty of men have been caught driving in the bus lane I suppose... but not Sean Cav that's for sure! !
And Sreetfighter should delete also
And throwball also

Agreed and done.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: imagine on July 07, 2015, 11:16:49 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on July 07, 2015, 09:59:51 PM
And Sreetfighter should delete also

I just went to delete it and its already gone.......

screenexile

Well spotted... Sorted!