The Haas Talks

Started by Orior, September 20, 2013, 11:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't already a pre-agreed outcome to these "intensive talks", the rest is just the usual nonsense posturing from our politicians.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

glens abu

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 18, 2013, 10:42:35 AM
except the DUP again Will wipe SF's eye. We are going to end up with the flag over the Guildhall. Listening to vox pops on the Falls from last nights Radio Ulster that will not necessarily annoy the new Northern Irish alive and living in West Belfast. Whilst to a man on the Shankill it was our fleg our country. Only a matter of time until we have the Ulster Banner flying over Connolly House.

::) ::)yeah,yeah,yeah.Dont hold your breath.

orangeman

blah, blah, blah.

The flying of the Irish tricolour on government buildings has been ruled out by Richard Haass, the BBC has learned.

The former US diplomat is heading a team attempting to resolve the issues of parades, flags and the past.

It is understood his proposals include a licensing system for the flying of flags, a trauma centre and new bodies for dealing with parading and the past.

Bensars

Keeps the cnuts ( all of them by the way! ) in the money for another year or two arguing about nothing.

orangeman

When did you hear this before and how many times have you heard it at this stage ?

Broken record stuff at this stage :

"We're prepared to work on for as long as it takes to resolve these issues because we recognise how important they are for the people of Northern Ireland."

Sinn Féin's talks negotiator, Gerry Kelly, said "advances" had been made.

"We can make progress, but the political will needs to be there and this is an opportunity which we, certainly in Sinn Féin, and I would say all the parties, need not to lose, is we'll not come back again easily, so we're up for finishing the job for the people in the north, and indeed throughout Ireland and Britain," he said.

Orior

Quote from: orangeman on December 20, 2013, 12:19:03 PM
When did you hear this before and how many times have you heard it at this stage ?

"We're prepared to work on for as long as it takes to resolve these issues because we recognise how important they are for the people of Northern Ireland."

Sinn Féin's talks negotiator lothario, Gerry Kelly, said "advances" had been made.

"We can make progress, but the political will needs to be there and this is an opportunity which we, certainly in Sinn Féin, and I would say all the parties, need not to lose, is we'll not come back again easily, so we're up for finishing the job for the people in the north, and indeed throughout Ireland and Britain," he said.

Fixed that for you.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

There is no chance of any progress on flags until the Unionist minority drops from 47% to around 40%, then they will fall over themselves to keep the Union Jack flying even if it means accepting a role for the tricoulour (or trickeler as they call it). SF and the SDLP had beter not role out designated days to all councils.

Wildweasel74

They like 2 five year olds, arguing over toy, i fairly say none of these politicians are fit for government and it says alot about people in northern ireland that we still keep pick these idiots. personally i dont give a f**k for flags, it just makes your area look like a run down shit hole, giving the economic situation in this country, and various other problems, to be on constant discussion  about flags and parades shows how juneville the people who run this country are.

glens abu

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 20, 2013, 10:54:20 PM
They like 2 five year olds, arguing over toy, i fairly say none of these politicians are fit for government and it says alot about people in northern ireland that we still keep pick these idiots. personally i dont give a f**k for flags, it just makes your area look like a run down shit hole, giving the economic situation in this country, and various other problems, to be on constant discussion  about flags and parades shows how juneville the people who run this country are.

Ffs how are they in constant discussion about flags and parades.What would you do just let them parade everywhere,that's what happened for 80 years and look where it got us.These problems have to be sorted along with,education.welfare reform,health and all other issues that effect society.Why don't you get involved in politics and put your ideas forward instead of acting like a 5 year old on here complaining about everything.

T Fearon

Things you don't see in middle class northern areas:

Flags on lampposts or from houses on July 12

Parades

Sinn Fein/DUP offices

Bonfires

Segregated housing.

Feel free to add to the list

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Orior on December 20, 2013, 01:16:07 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 20, 2013, 12:19:03 PM

Sinn Féin's talks negotiator lothario, Gerry Kelly, said "advances" had been made.

Fixed that for you.
You reckon Gerry and Meghan might have got jiggy at all
Careful now

orangeman

There's no truth in the rumour that Ulster council are looking for Haas to stay on and talk to the college and county managers to sort out the Mc Kenna cup impasse.

Ulster council say that big Joe is a bigger and better man than Haas and easier paid as well.

Gaffer

Joe wouldn't  take it on.

He wouldn't  risk missing his Xmas dinner.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Applesisapples

Listening to reports on the radio this morning, I can see absolutely no advancement here for nationalists. Anything remotely culturaly or symbolically Irish has been removed at Unionist insistance.

lawnseed

Quote from: T Fearon on December 21, 2013, 08:35:46 PM
Things you don't see in middle class northern areas:

Flags on lampposts or from houses on July 12

Parades

Sinn Fein/DUP offices

Bonfires

Segregated housing.

Feel free to add to the list
harses tied up grazing along the road or the front garden
transit vans with alloy wheels
greyhounds