The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 08, 2019, 10:35:06 AM

Defense might need a bit. Would like to see Lovern and Moreno leave and a decent squad centre half coming in.

Matthijs de Ligt ?

trueblue1234

Quote from: dec on May 08, 2019, 03:30:21 PM

Defense might need a bit. Would like to see Lovern and Moreno leave and a decent squad centre half coming in.

Matthijs de Ligt ?

Would be more than happy with that. But will they beat Barca to that signature?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Hound

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 08, 2019, 10:11:33 AM
Great entertainment and fair f**ks to Klopp to get his team to that level.

Reading the Hound's retrospective posts nearly as entertaining though.
In fairness, the view from behind my couch was feckin brutal!

Hound

To go back to my normal negativity  :P:

- Origi seems like one of the nicest guys around and has scored 2 absolutely crucial last minute winners in the league and has now scored 2 goals in a European Cup semi final against Barcelona!! Can't say a bad word about him, but he is still.... well, Derek. A super squad player to have, offers something different, but if/when he leaves, I'm not sure he's going to be much more successful than Solanke or Mellor were when they left.

- Gini is very talented but *generally* too cautious. Too many sideways / safe passes. Doesn't contribute enough and has definitely hidden in big games when the going got tough previously (i.e. clearly not wanting the ball). But what a difference he made yesterday! Magic header. Now do it more often!

- It's not his fault, but the praise Terence Trent gets from the English media is way OTT. TAA's not a good defender. Some feckin Cardiff winger made a show of him recently. It wasn't a mistake to drop him for the 1st leg as Gomez is a better defender and the only time JoGo struggled defensively was when he was outnumbered (which happened a few times in the first half and I think was down to us not reorganising correctly after Keita's injury, but was rectified in the second half). There's not a chance we would have been better defensively if Trent had started and we probably would have been worse. However, it was a mistake not to bring Trent on early in the second half when we were on top but needed better crosses. He is very talented going forward (I said before I think he'd made a great midfielder) and his corner was something else.

It's actually not easy to be remembered through history for something special done in a semi final (two that come to mind immediately are Giggs v Arsenal FA Cup and Diego v Belgium in 86). For Liverpool, the semi final moment that I remember most fondly is 1981 Ray Kennedy v Bayern. Hugely special and important goal. Trent's will equal that and be remembered forever. But only if we win the final, and there's a lot of work to be done yet to achieve that.   

seafoid

Quote from: Hound on May 08, 2019, 03:46:19 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on May 08, 2019, 10:11:33 AM
Great entertainment and fair f**ks to Klopp to get his team to that level.

Reading the Hound's retrospective posts nearly as entertaining though.
In fairness, the view from behind my couch was feckin brutal!
If you hadn't gone behind the couch, Hound, they would have lost. So thank you for your sacrifice
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

dec

Quote from: dec on May 08, 2019, 03:30:21 PM

Matthijs de Ligt ?

And he can score

Hound

If memory serves, when the CL draws were made, the winner of Spurs/Ajax will be the home team in the final. So no red jerseys for Liverpool if Ajax win. Minor inconvenience, but I'd prefer to be in red

J70

f**k that... did not want Spurs! >:(

Fair play to them though, some second half.

dec

Quote from: Hound on May 08, 2019, 08:33:11 PM
If memory serves, when the CL draws were made, the winner of Spurs/Ajax will be the home team in the final. So no red jerseys for Liverpool if Ajax win. Minor inconvenience, but I'd prefer to be in red

you get your wish

RedHand88

Quote from: hardstation on May 08, 2019, 10:15:45 PM
Both teams in the final were fortunate to qualify from the groups.
They were both dead & buried in the semi final.
Anything could happen in this final.

That's what worries me. Would rather have a bit of sense in the final as Liverpool on paper are the better team.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedHand88

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 08, 2019, 11:10:44 PM
Liverpool will win though.

Logically, yes. But we aren't in a logical football world right now.

brokencrossbar1

Imagine Fearon was still on the Board?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 08, 2019, 11:34:17 PM
Imagine Fearon was still on the Board?

What happened to him? Did he leave to become Harry Kane's social media manager?
O'Neills Therapist