China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Because the dup said no then changed their mind a week later.

armaghniac

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 29, 2020, 08:35:39 PM
That's my point
Why not lockdown last week?

Ask Arlene and Sammy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

So if the numbers don't go above 350 what's going on?

imtommygunn

I don't understand the question...

If the numbers don't go above 350. Why 350? Do you mean after the lockdown is done / finished?

Armaghniac there have been restrictions up here. I don't even know what constitutes a lockdown any more there are that many variations of it but if no bars or restaurants are open I would call that a lockdown to some extent. Yes it's more stringent now but there definitely have been a significant number of restrictions for quite a while here.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 30, 2020, 08:39:38 AM
I don't understand the question...

If the numbers don't go above 350. Why 350? Do you mean after the lockdown is done / finished?

Armaghniac there have been restrictions up here. I don't even know what constitutes a lockdown any more there are that many variations of it but if no bars or restaurants are open I would call that a lockdown to some extent. Yes it's more stringent now but there definitely have been a significant number of restrictions for quite a while here.

I was going for the one liner. The point was the restrictions were eased last week, although the job had not been done. Figures have come down in NI and that did reflect the restrictions in place. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JimStynes

Schools staying open as planned then?

moysider

Smurfy123

What I am sayin is if the numbers don't go above 350/450 then the 8 days madness with shopping hairdressers restaurants Beauty salons open then why not?
If numbers do not rise in next 4/5 days then the above don't add to the case numbers
That's my point

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 01, 2020, 08:20:53 AM
What I am sayin is if the numbers don't go above 350/450 then the 8 days madness with shopping hairdressers restaurants Beauty salons open then why not?
If numbers do not rise in next 4/5 days then the above don't add to the case numbers
That's my point

Shops closed Thursday last week, it will take up to 2/3 weeks surely for any significant differences in the numbers?

What we currently have, numbers wise is the result of the previous lockdown?

I'm not up on the timescales but think this was mentioned before.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The week "off" in the middle completely skews numbers. I honestly don't know how they expect to measure the impact of a 2 week lockdown unless they continue it. If they stop it then it takes 2 weeks to see the benefit (minimum apparently) so only on the day you potentially end lockdown do you know anything.

The numbers you will see mid lockdown will actually be the numbers from the non lockdown. How do you assess it and give any business any time to plan for what's happening? The only way is at the last minute which is the worst possible time for any business and the best way for any of them to waste loads of money paying for a potential opening again when it may or may not happen.

The handling of it is bonkers. Lay out a bit of vision and planning. What are we doing, why are we doing it, we are measuring it at point X. The potential results are this. Here is what each of potential result would lead to. Transparency and data driven decisions could then be made. Not fly by the seat of your pants stuff. Anyway, rant over.

Smurfy123

390 positive cases today
4 weeks ago tomorrow we had 410 cases
Have the last 5 weeks been a total waste of time?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 01, 2020, 04:26:44 PM
390 positive cases today

In what way?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Smurfy123

In a way that cases have barely if at all went down in 4 weeks during a lockdown

Blowitupref

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 01, 2020, 04:50:28 PM
In a way that cases have barely if at all went down in 4 weeks during a lockdown
Without restrictions cases would have increased not stabilise.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 01, 2020, 04:26:44 PM
390 positive cases today

Before restrictions kicked in just before Halloween cases had risen to around 1,200 a day and hospital inpatients were climbing daily. The numbers clearly show the restrictions have had an impact. And if they'd done a stricter lockdown earlier we'd have had less cases, hospital inpatients and deaths. But at least it has been brought back down to a manageable level.