Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Couple of games in the league are on BBC iPlayer.

Fermanagh vs Down Sunday 19th Feb at 1pm

Cavan vs Down Sunday 5th March at 2pm

Truth hurts

It is over a month since Kilcoo management stepped down, they are slow in getting a successor?

WeeJamseyMcC95

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 25, 2023, 12:47:52 PM
It is over a month since Kilcoo management stepped down, they are slow in getting a successor?

Its beyond silly from Kilcoo now, they must be trying to reach too high. IMO if they come back this year with the right attitude they will for sure be a strong force to deal with in Down/Ulster even with the players moving down under. 

DanTheMan12

Quote from: WeeJamseyMcC95 on January 25, 2023, 02:18:45 PM

Its beyond silly from Kilcoo now, they must be trying to reach too high. IMO if they come back this year with the right attitude they will for sure be a strong force to deal with in Down/Ulster even with the players moving down under.

its a strange one. Does anyone know if kilcoo have commenced training yet?? im sure they would get on just fine training under some of the veterans of the team. as for management, its a weird one, im sure there is alot going on behind closed doors

toby47

How many are for Oz? I heard one name but didn't know there was more than that.

WeeJamseyMcC95

Quote from: DanTheMan12 on January 25, 2023, 03:20:55 PM

its a strange one. Does anyone know if kilcoo have commenced training yet?? im sure they would get on just fine training under some of the veterans of the team. as for management, its a weird one, im sure there is alot going on behind closed doors

Heard there was lights on at the pitch in Kilcoo last night, but didn't hear whether it was for training or what. I agree with you saying some of the older members could step up and take a few pre season sessions while they wait on their future management. 

WeeJamseyMcC95

Quote from: toby47 on January 25, 2023, 03:29:40 PM

How many are for Oz? I heard one name but didn't know there was more than that.

Seemingly there's a 3/4 going all would've been frequent players on this years championship panel

manwithnoplan

I think we can be sure that Kilcoo's All Ireland winning squad can manage to put together sufficient training sessions in the mean time before management is appointed.

snoopdog

Where do I get the tickets for Sat nights game in semple?. None on ticket master.

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on January 25, 2023, 07:25:53 PM
Where do I get the tickets for Sat nights game in semple?. None on ticket master.
gaa.ie/tickets
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

ardtole

I think you are based in Dublin Snoopdog, you can buy tickets in selected supervalus.

snoopdog

Quote from: ardtole on January 25, 2023, 08:48:11 PM
I think you are based in Dublin Snoopdog, you can buy tickets in selected supervalus.
I am cheers. I was taking the lazy online option.   :D

WeeJamseyMcC95

Excited for Saturday will be a good starting point for the year. Away to Thurles wont be a easy ask for a improving Down team. They seem to have been training hard through the winter and hopefully it shows throughout the season. I know I have my ticket bought how about yourself Truth Hurts?

DanTheMan12

Quote from: WeeJamseyMcC95 on January 26, 2023, 04:28:30 PM
Excited for Saturday will be a good starting point for the year. Away to Thurles wont be a easy ask for a improving Down team. They seem to have been training hard through the winter and hopefully it shows throughout the season. I know I have my ticket bought how about yourself Truth Hurts?

fair play to use lads making that trip, ill get her on the TV myself,   i think truth hurts has family down that end, so he will be happy enough (Burren probably tried to claim them)!!