Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRashford21

County Star

Quote from: MRashford21 on January 14, 2023, 05:04:31 PM
Has the u20s started yet?

Not sure

Seen the lights on in esler tonight when driving past whatever was on ? Anyone know

skat man

under 20 trials this week and some of the senior team were playing tonight in a friendly so that was probably the lights

Smurfy123

Down reserves played Louth in kilcoo tonight

DanTheMan12

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 14, 2023, 10:06:12 PM
Down reserves played Louth in kilcoo tonight
Not too sure where you got your info from; however the game was in Mayobridge ...

WeeJamseyMcC95

Johnnysboys

Interesting team lineout selected for tomorrow. Hopefully get the job done. Derry this week and get over that a wee crack at Tyrone next week would set us up well for the league opener.

County Star

I see Murdock is on bench. Someone told me U20s trials this Monday alright.

Could be a few late changes with the early publication of the team

Should be a good game

Will be shouting for my home county but my kids all Down fans

Leftmidfield

This is 100% accurate U20 trials Monday16/1/23 at 6.30pm in Burren 

County Star

Derry nicked that but very impressed with Down. Such a change
Had to laugh at someone saying 2 Niall's shouldn't be there what a clown lol

stiff breeze

Wee Jamesy and terrific Tommy's posts certainly aged well  ::) two Niall's were two of the best players on the pitch today along with Oran Murdock imo . Solid Down performance

terrifictommy

Stiff, I wasn't agreeing, I was saying the performance I had seen the previous week suggested they deserved their place in the team. Just read it again but I can see how it may have been misconstrued.

The work rate today was really great, thought very solid defensively too, getting numbers and closing spaces.

SHEEDY

Another good performance from Down, really encouraging signs going into the league. Great work rate and performances all round against a good Derry team. Massive improvement from the last few years.
Long time seen Newry seen a crowd as big as that, great to see
nil satis nisi optimum

Smurfy123

Good performances all round
Really encouraging from our so called lesser players
Donnelly O Hare McCarthy Donnacha Gilmore very good
Dunno what to do with O Hagan. Impact player. He just doesn't fit into Downs new regime.
Bring on Tipp

upandwin

Good performance today from the lads. Lots of encouraging signs. Now the real stuff kicks in that's preseason over with. If Down can get promotion and win a championship game we've made progress. But the season won't be judged on a couple of decent McKenna cup games. Is there much change to the team do ye reckon come national league? I think Kane will play ahead of O'hare in goals, he's better from the restarts I think. Also I'd love Barry to half forward in place of Millar to start Gilmore. Other than that the team looks strong.