Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

I was suprised when I read that myself snoopdog, thought around double that were at the game. Good crowd from Down as well considering the distance involved.

Truth hurts

Quote from: ardtole on January 30, 2023, 10:39:11 AM
I was suprised when I read that myself snoopdog, thought around double that were at the game. Good crowd from Down as well considering the distance involved.

Was a lot more Down fans there which was great to see

County Star

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 30, 2023, 08:39:24 AM
I understand McGuiness will be in every few weeks. Not full time though.

Not the case. Did one session and hope to get him back for some more. Not a every few weeks occurrence according to Irish news today

County Star

How did the div 4 league pan out ? Are Burren and Carryduff still entering ? What option was used in the end ?

County Star

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 30, 2023, 08:52:31 AM
On the match itself, we were excellent in the first half with big Pat is unreal form. The sending off hampered us but we weathered the storm and we move onto this weekend where I expect a massive turnout in Newry.

Have you the match day squad list ? Only saw the starting 15 on Down social media

redandblackareback

A few questions, whether he's in once or as off the ball reported in a consultant role, why have JMcG there at all? He made us the laughing stock of Ireland last year and now we are running back to him? Maybe our new manager being so young and inexperienced doesn't fully trust himself or his over paid backroom team? Which is it?

SamFever

Quote from: redandblackareback on January 31, 2023, 12:20:29 PM
A few questions, whether he's in once or as off the ball reported in a consultant role, why have JMcG there at all? He made us the laughing stock of Ireland last year and now we are running back to him? Maybe our new manager being so young and inexperienced doesn't fully trust himself or his over paid backroom team? Which is it?
Would you catch a grip of whatever is close to you.

Truth hurts

McGuinness is a good friend of the Darragh Cross paymaster so I'm told he is sorting the bill. He is only going to be in every so often.

WeeJamseyMcC95

Bit early in the week to be under the influence of alcohol and mouthing about something completely wrong.. Our new "young inexperienced manager" has one of the best footballing heads there is.. as for experience there's not many more you could've called for the job that would be doing the same job he has done with this team.

You are probably upset your neighbour wee James McCartan didn't get back in this year just.

WeeJamseyMcC95

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 31, 2023, 12:34:21 PM

McGuinness is a good friend of the Darragh Cross paymaster so I'm told he is sorting the bill. He is only going to be in every so often.

How's the Burren payments going this year? I heard you cancelled them because Laverty got the job.

downtothecore

Good to see McGuinness involved. He seems to be the sort that he doesn't want it broadcasted but that is not going to happen in this county.

Truth hurts

A Kilcoo stalwart was seething about the mole in the camp and hopes it doesn't ruin the arrangement.

skat man

Gossip girl wouldn't have a look in here. If theres not much happening its ok to say nothing until theres something meaningful to discuss.

Truth hurts

Tyrone gaa are meeting to change age grades. Is this happening in Down?

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 31, 2023, 02:06:03 PM
Tyrone gaa are meeting to change age grades. Is this happening in Down?

For 2024?