Nokia N95

Started by Minder, January 07, 2008, 01:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Lads i am thinking of getting Nokia N 95 on contract, have read a few reviews and the one constant seems to be poor battery life which i can live with, electricity is in plentiful supply where i live. Anyone have one? some reviews say it is the dogs gonads others not so good. Cheers
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TORGAEL

I've had a N95 for 4 months now & have had no problems & have no complaints about it, not even with the battery life. A very nice piece of kit really.

ziggysego

My brother has one. The bee's knee. Jealous of him.

Vodafone offered me one and stupid me opted for the Nokia N73!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Only a fool would do that Hardstation.........

Gnevin

you thinking of the  N95 8 gb ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mentalman

Got a 1GB about 5/6 months back. It's good. Battery life is shortish - depands on usage really. Lasts about 2 days for me but I'm not a yapper. Other than that, no hassles whatsoever.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Minder

Quote from: Gnevin on January 07, 2008, 02:50:36 PM

Yes the very one Gnevin

Gnevin

Quote from: Minder on January 07, 2008, 03:10:56 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on January 07, 2008, 02:50:36 PM

Yes the very one Gnevin
Nice phone , does everything but make the tea for you .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

DickyRock

What you need is the new N95 8GB version. Better battery life and more memory.

Mine should be landing sometime this week.

Some good discussion on it on avforums - in this post http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618915 and others

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on January 07, 2008, 01:12:00 PM
My brother has one. The bee's knee. Jealous of him.

Vodafone offered me one and stupid me opted for the Nokia N73!  >:(

I have a Nokia N73 Zigg i think their a grand phone
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Mine's keep knocking itself off on me LL.  >:(
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

I have mine about 3 months and have had it on buliding sites everyday,Its been coverd in dust,dropped down a stairwell and it's still in perfect working order,I think they are a great phone
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: tram on January 07, 2008, 04:47:22 PM
Main complaint about the N95 is about the battery. You can help this by turning the Bluetooth off when you don't need it and if you don't use 3G features, set the phone to use GSM networks only.

I charge my phone every night regardless..I know people say this shortens battery life but if you continually charge it everynight anyway that won't be a problem
I have too have the bluetooth turned on as i have bluetooth in the van for hands free
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

I have had the Nokia n73 for almost a year and a half now, and it has broken on me about 4-5 times. Usually the speaker went in it, one time it turned itself off whenever someone called. I would not recommend this phone to anyone going on my experience.

What other phones out at the minute are worth a look? im due a upgrade next month. I found the n73 to be a bit bulky, i would prefer a smaller phone, something like the nokia 6300.

Is the n95 the phone with the GPS?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on January 07, 2008, 05:53:25 PM
I have had the Nokia n73 for almost a year and a half now, and it has broken on me about 4-5 times. Usually the speaker went in it, one time it turned itself off whenever someone called. I would not recommend this phone to anyone going on my experience.

What other phones out at the minute are worth a look? im due a upgrade next month. I found the n73 to be a bit bulky, i would prefer a smaller phone, something like the nokia 6300.

Is the n95 the phone with the GPS?

Yeah would agree it's a bit bulky alright...Fingers crossed i won't have any of these problems other N73 users have had
You'll Never Walk Alone.