Benazir Bhutto killed in suicide blast.

Started by Minder, December 27, 2007, 01:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

They finally got her.

Pakistani former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto has been killed in a presumed suicide attack, a spokesman for the Pakistan People's Party (PPP) says.
Other reports said Ms Bhutto had only been injured and taken to hospital.

Ms Bhutto had just addressed a rally of PPP supporters in the town of Rawalpindi when the rally was hit by a blast.

At least 15 other people are reported killed in the attack.

Ms Bhutto has twice been the country's prime minister and was campaigning ahead of elections due in January.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fluffy Che

Yes, her and at least 15 others. Also hung her father in 79. l think she should have stayed where she was, corruption charges and a less than glittering stint at the helm did not bode well. My personal opinion is that she was power hungry and her need/greed will now result in a lot of lives being lost.
But the fact is , she is now gone. R.I.P.
Midnight to Six..

Carmen Stateside

CNN reporting that her husband said she was shot in the neck after blast! :o

Minder

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 27, 2007, 02:50:42 PM

She was shot in neck and chest and then the shooter blew himself up i think.

stew

Quote from: Minder on December 27, 2007, 02:55:38 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 27, 2007, 02:50:42 PM

She was shot in neck and chest and then the shooter blew himself up i think.

Correct.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

That is indeed shocking news. So much for democracy.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Terrible news. I fear that this will be the start of a terrible blood shed in Pakistan now.
Testing Accessibility

red hander

Bogball XV

Quote from: Fluffy Che on December 27, 2007, 02:32:37 PM
Yes, her and at least 15 others. Also hung her father in 79. l think she should have stayed where she was, corruption charges and a less than glittering stint at the helm did not bode well. My personal opinion is that she was power hungry and her need/greed will now result in a lot of lives being lost.
But the fact is , she is now gone. R.I.P.
I think that's bollocks.  Would you go back to a country where the chances are you were going to be killed because you were 'power hungry'?  Maybe she thought that she could improve the lives of the population? 

Fluffy Che

Yeah, thats right. Like she improved it the last time by spiriting away millions to a Swiss bank account.

l dont have any answers for that part of the world but l'm petty sure she was'nt one of them..
Midnight to Six..

magickingdom

shocking news, they are some shower of bastards...

Square Ball

wonder how long it will be until Marshal law is imposed again, and will the election be called off due to this?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

Quote from: Fluffy Che on December 27, 2007, 06:53:04 PM
Yeah, thats right. Like she improved it the last time by spiriting away millions to a Swiss bank account.

l dont have any answers for that part of the world but l'm petty sure she was'nt one of them..

A corrupt politician? Who would have thought.......Do you think they are better off being run by Islamic militants?

Fluffy Che

To answer your question...no. Dont think l said that in my posts but Bhutto already served twice and fcuked up twice. l condemn her murder and all the other murders that are now going to happen.
Like l said, she should have stayed where she was, she would still be alive no doubt.

Musharif will be rubbing his hands.
Midnight to Six..