GAAboard AGM ?

Started by WeeDonns, December 20, 2011, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeDonns

As it's the season for AGMs, I was wondering should there be a GAAboard AGM Thread for say 1 week, to give board members the opportunity to propose new motions, scrutinise board accounts, criticise those who give their free time to moderate etc?
How much will hosting etc cost for the year ahead? Do the mods need additional contributions from users or do the google ads cover it?

Anyway, I'd like to propose a 'Like' or 'thanks' function on posts.

I think it would be useful on the non-GAA section, especially on those threads that arise all the time, with the same old arguments that you don't want to get involved in by commenting, but when someone talks some sense you can 'like' it to show you agree with what they're saying.

Boards.ie uses this function and I think its handy gauging what the majority of posters opinions are on topics.
Just my thoughts. Any others?

Dinny Breen

I'd like an ignore function.
#newbridgeornowhere

WeeDonns

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 20, 2011, 12:19:07 PM
I'd like an ignore function.

Be more specific.

• To ignore posts from particular users
  • To ignore threads like this

thejuice

will sandwiches be served at this AGM?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

supersub

LostInSpace

The Board should be invite only, stop some of the trash coming on spouting crap especially in the GAA Section!  Or have it like f365.com where you have to use a work email account to join.

ziggysego

We should get the board registered with the GAA and get official membership cards, which will allow us into the Press Box to report the games to members that can't make it.
Testing Accessibility

LostInSpace

Quote from: WeeDonns on December 20, 2011, 12:16:35 PM
As it's the season for AGMs, I was wondering should there be a GAAboard AGM Thread for say 1 week, to give board members the opportunity to propose new motions, scrutinise board accounts, criticise those who give their free time to moderate etc?
How much will hosting etc cost for the year ahead? Do the mods need additional contributions from users or do the google ads cover it?

Anyway, I'd like to propose a 'Like' or 'thanks' function on posts.

I think it would be useful on the non-GAA section, especially on those threads that arise all the time, with the same old arguments that you don't want to get involved in by commenting, but when someone talks some sense you can 'like' it to show you agree with what they're saying.

Boards.ie uses this function and I think its handy gauging what the majority of posters opinions are on topics.
Just my thoughts. Any others?

Too much like facebook that way, i like not knowing who likes it or doesnt like it

AQMP

Quote from: ziggysego on December 20, 2011, 12:55:36 PM
We should get the board registered with the GAA and get official membership cards, which will allow us into the Press Box to report the games to members that can't make it.

I propose the establishment of the GAA Boarders Association (GBA) to get us some pay for posting grants off the GAA.  Also I'd like a few polo shirts and some training gear.

seafoid

The posting classifications on the board like "Newbie" and "Hero member" are very dull.

The property pin has Tenant, Single home owner, Holiday home owner, of systemic importance, newly nationalised, under CAB investigation, Planning tribunal attendee

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Huge amount of negativity on the board these days so I'd like:

1. 20% of page 1 to have mandatory "upbeat" threads - funnies, polls, slagging Willie Frazer etc.

2. Political threads that ultimately go around in circles to be locked after 10 pages.

Olly

I would be in favour of a ruthless moderator who gets plastered on random days and just deletes the accounts of posters who slightly irked him that day, followed up with a volley of abuse through email. Then we could have a cyber-death notice thread and you'd live in fear every day that if you type a thought that might be at odds with the Mod's frame of mind on that particular day you might see your name appear in it.

Then a sort of underground section is set up for people who have been killed off and they can chat away slagging the whole joint. Unfortunately you might get people committing a cyber deathwish in order to break over to the unmoderated underground section, i.e. by calling the mods cvunts or something.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

WeeDonns

Quote from: seafoid on December 20, 2011, 01:19:11 PM
The posting classifications on the board like "Newbie" and "Hero member" are very dull.

The property pin has Tenant, Single home owner, Holiday home owner, of systemic importance, newly nationalised, under CAB investigation, Planning tribunal attendee

I like seafoids idea about classifications ( If we already had the 'like' option I suggested I could have just used it instead of posting!)
These are easy to change. The reservoirdubs forum has famous Dubliners, with Luke Kelly being the 'Hero Member' equivalent. Maybe we could have famous GAA figures with Michael Cusack the hero member, and Enda 'I only go to the finals' Kenny as the newbie ;P

There are loads of free add-ons for these smf forums. I'd also propose a custom GAA them be applied but with that button on the top corner that they have on some forums that throws up a spreadsheet when your boss comes along!

I'd propose a new subsection to the non-GAA discussion called 'Political threads that are just going around in circles with wataboutery' that the mods can move these threads to

seafoid

Quote from: WeeDonns on December 20, 2011, 02:13:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 20, 2011, 01:19:11 PM

I like seafoids idea about classifications ( If we already had the 'like' option I suggested I could have just used it instead of posting!)
These are easy to change. The reservoirdubs forum has famous Dubliners, with Luke Kelly being the 'Hero Member' equivalent. Maybe we could have famous GAA figures with Michael Cusack the hero member, and Enda 'I only go to the finals' Kenny as the newbie ;P

There are loads of free add-ons for these smf forums. I'd also propose a custom GAA them be applied but with that button on the top corner that they have on some forums that throws up a spreadsheet when your boss comes along!

I'd propose a new subsection to the non-GAA discussion called 'Political threads that are just going around in circles with wataboutery' that the mods can move these threads to

Club Lotto organizer
Maor
Handball all Ireland champion
On pitch photo taken with county champions at age 7
Under 10 fuball  trainer
Camogie bainisteor
Emergency Umpire 
Choc ice salesperson
Pipe band member
Junior C corner back
Intermediate captain 1964-1975
Club full forward
County goalie
One time All Star
5 all Ireland medals
Uachtaran CLG
Frank Murphy
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: WeeDonns on December 20, 2011, 02:13:56 PM
Maybe we could have famous GAA figures with Michael Cusack the hero member, and Enda 'I only go to the finals' Kenny as the newbie ;P
have to stick up for a Mayo man
Inda's quiet the Gael, his oul fella won an all-Ireland and he's been involved in his club for years

I'd like a partition where evil genius, tony fearon etc are all throw to argue the same points over and over
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me