GAA Scoreboard App

Started by WeeDonns, May 05, 2011, 09:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeDonns

Guys, see this thread from boards.ie where a guy is developing a scoreboard app for your phone.
Thought it might be of interest to some of you

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056259321
btw, its for android phones as iphones are for dicks  :P

WeeDonns

Quote from: Cde on May 05, 2011, 10:06:24 PM

There's an app for that!

http://www.totalgaacoach.com/content/upload/image/Video%20Image%203.png

Thats a link to a jpeg, have you a link to where you can freely download the app.
Looks a little ott, more for managers/trainers.

The one above is handy for supporters at club games with no scoreboard/clock

drici

ONeill

Pen/pencil/memory does too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

drici

Cde

Quote from: WeeDonns on May 05, 2011, 10:38:32 PM
Quote from: Cde on May 05, 2011, 10:06:24 PM

There's an app for that!

http://www.totalgaacoach.com/content/upload/image/Video%20Image%203.png

Thats a link to a jpeg, have you a link to where you can freely download the app.
Looks a little ott, more for managers/trainers.

The one above is handy for supporters at club games with no scoreboard/clock

Not sure how to do that Wee Donns but if you go into Itune app store and search for  EasyTag from Dartfish . It  is a free application and can be downloaded directly from the app store.

You can set it up to record as much or as little info as you want. You set up the template yourself.

JHume

gallsman

Just came across this app today on boards. Won't have a chance to use it until Thurles next week as I'm out of the country but appears to be incredibly simple to use.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

It's actually a nice idea and handy for keeping your own record of scores at a game whether you tweet or not. Good foresight to see a gap in the market, more and more live match updates are appearing on Twitter.

Just a pity its Android only.  :(

https://market.android.com/details?id=appinventor.ai_chat2joe.GAA_Scoreboard&feature=search_result
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

ck

Are these not available on iphone?

gallsman

Quote from: ck on May 21, 2011, 05:04:33 PM

Not currently, although the developer on boards said he'd give it a go but he doesn't have a Mac for the required development kit. A lot of these apps come from students and people doing things in their spare time, so with exams and the like, there are often understandable delays.

I've set up a twitter account that could be used to tweet all scores of interest to gaaboarders (not trying to put drici out of a job!), rather than having to follow every individual who might be using it: @gaalivescores

No idea if it would be used but ynyone with an Android phone with an interest, PM me for the password.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: gallsman on May 21, 2011, 08:50:01 PM

Not currently, although the developer on boards said he'd give it a go but he doesn't have a Mac for the required development kit. A lot of these apps come from students and people doing things in their spare time, so with exams and the like, there are often understandable delays.

I've set up a twitter account that could be used to tweet all scores of interest to gaaboarders (not trying to put drici out of a job!), rather than having to follow every individual who might be using it: @gaalivescores

No idea if it would be used but ynyone with an Android phone with an interest, PM me for the password.

... Or you could just follow/use the GAA hashtag.
H. L. Mencken

RMDrive

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on May 22, 2011, 12:48:04 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 21, 2011, 08:50:01 PM

... Or you could just follow/use the GAA hashtag.

How do you follow a hashtag?
Would bre great if this app was on the iPhone as well as android. Hopefully it soon will be.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

It's easier using an app, but just search #GAA and save the search. Alternatively you can follow lists of GAA twitter streams. Hoganstand have a few decent ready made lists including GAA players, journos, etc
H. L. Mencken