Medical Status of Boardmembers

Started by Ball Hopper, December 19, 2019, 03:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Brilliant news BH, we've all been following your treatment with nervousness and hope that you'd come out on top and thankfully you have. Really delighted for you and may you go and enjoy the rest of your life (hope it's a long one too). What good news to brighten up such a shitty dull day...C'mon the Kingdom ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tyrdub

Round of applause for BH, standing ovation even!!!!

Well done

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tony Baloney

Class news BH. Generally with cancer you only hear the bad outcomes but this is fantastic to read!

balladmaker

Superb news BH, many congrats and enjoy!

Dire Ear

johnnycool

Congratulations Ball hopper.

Be proud of yourself.

oakleaflad

Great news! Fair play to you for documenting it all as well, no doubt this has helped to raise awareness and educate us all. Inspirational stuff!

Farrandeelin

Brilliant BH!! Well done. And thanks for sharing your story with us all too. You're a true inspiration to us all.  :)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Taylor

ziggy90

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 25, 2020, 04:55:42 AM

Part 3 Surgery arrived on schedule on August 5.  After a relatively smooth run of treatment from the beginning, this one hit me hard.

Initially I was expecting a 3-night hospital stay, but it turned into 15.  My body just would not kick-start itself again after the 8 and a half hour surgery.  We had to go step by step for each area and progress was quite slow.

Glad to report I got home on Thursday 20 August and am doing much better. 

In early October I'll return to the hospital to have the ileostomy surgery reversal and I'm hoping for a much shorter stay.

A major item within the surgery on 5 August was extensive pathology on both sites of my disease.  57 lymph nodes and several polyps were analyzed, as well as tissue from the sites.  All were negative.

I can now say, with a tear in my eye, a lump in my throat, but gladness in my heart, that I'm Cancer Free!
That's very heartwarming news BH. Congratulations.
I've followed your 'journey' throughout on here and have to say your attitude, aptitude and fortitude have been first-class and an example and inspiration to all who have to face this illness in future.
It's eleven years since I was diagnosed with it (ten since the reversal) and happily to say I've never looked back. To try to describe my feelings on hearing those two words is beyond me
I'm delighted for you and yours and wish you all a great future.
P.S.
Grandchildren are a great cure.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Dinny Breen

Outstanding news BH. An inspiration.
#newbridgeornowhere

Ball Hopper

Well folks, my recovery is slow...very slow.

Six weeks after surgery and I've finally started to regain a few of the 30 pounds weight that I lost in the first half of August.

The surgery site has one area not healing at the same rate as the rest...remedies include waiting a month to see if it catches up and then do the ileostomy reversal surgery - or do some surgical repairs in the next few weeks which will delay the reversal surgery till December.  Either way is fine with me - the key being the reversal surgery will not take place until the surgery site is 100% ready for traffic.

Diet is good, sleep is good although the bag requires emptying every 2-3 hours, but I'm getting good restorative sleep in between, plus an afternoon nap always helps.

Overall I'm feeling pretty good at this stage, and anytime my attitude begins to weaken, I just have to look at the pathology report on the desk beside the computer that says I'm cancer free - amazing how much just glancing at the report perks me up - I don't even have to read any part of it.

It would also be remiss of me not to mention Mrs. Hopper - for a person who would be almost sick watching medical shows on TV last year, she has really come through for me.  There were a few instances when the bag required unscheduled replacement, combined with a low blood pressure event (leading to me fainting in the shower) where our education was increased multiple-fold.  She came through like the Star she is and bag replacement is now almost routine.

Again, many thanks for all the support on this board - it is amazing that total strangers take the time to support me - I truly believe you all have made a big difference in keeping my outlook positive.  By the way, I got my blood group/type report finally...I smiled a little when I saw that I'm "B Positive".

I'll update again around the end of the month or first week in October, when the final path might be clearer. 

Taylor

Fantastic news BH.

Keep fighting.

Inspiring

Jeepers Creepers

Always good to hear some good news BH!