Home v Away Advantage in the League

Started by twohands!!!, January 30, 2015, 02:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Thought these stats on the advantage of home versus away in the league would be of interest,especially for any gamblers.

Interesting that in Division 4 home advantage is the smallest - wouldn't have thought that.

7 years of data makes this 824 games by my reckoning. (112 this year and last but prior to that 120 games with Kilkenny in Division 4)

https://twitter.com/gaelicstats/status/561169453808103424/photo/1

AZOffaly

Not surprised Division 4 is the smallest advantage because you were nearly guaranteed that the likes of Waterford and London would struggle, and there was one other team that seemed to have a 'mare (Carlow filled this role recently). Those teams lost home and away, so it leveled off the home win stat quite a lot I'd say.

twohands!!!

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 30, 2015, 03:55:15 PM
Not surprised Division 4 is the smallest advantage because you were nearly guaranteed that the likes of Waterford and London would struggle, and there was one other team that seemed to have a 'mare (Carlow filled this role recently). Those teams lost home and away, so it leveled off the home win stat quite a lot I'd say.

Yeah I suppose Kilkenny filled that niche as well when they were in there as well.

Captain Obvious

Kilkenny departed the league in 2012 what's the latest on them and sign of them returning to division four football?

From the Bunker

I've always said that there should be 3 home and 3 away games. The last set of games should be double headers in a neutral venue!

Kerry Tyrone  and Derry Cork in Limerick

Monaghan Dublin Mayo Donegal in Longford