So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

was found arrested in Peru - they found nearly 6 kilos of cocaine in her luggage

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0810/467417-peru-arrest/

Minder

A lot of people that never knew her "were worried sick" on the Facebook
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaffer

She is a young girl who didn't t realise what she was getting herself into.

If she had been a few years older she would have had the sense not to get involved.

She and her poor family have years of torture ahead of them

God help them all
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

T Fearon

Imagine the relief for friends and family.Missing,fearing the worst,then news comes through she's in a Peruvian prison after being caught with enough drugs to supply Dublin for a week.Party time!

GalwayBayBoy

Looking forward already to the episode of Banged Up Abroad in a few years time.

To be serious though it sounds like she fell in with the wrong crowd who probably promised her easy money with no risk of being caught and she took the chance. Taken advantage of in a lot of ways but she's in for a rough few years now.

Wildweasel74

Suppose the only good news is she not dead which was looking the case for a while, some young people do silly things, expect some effy man talked her into this,

glens abu

For me if guilty she deserves all she gets,too many young lives ruined by people like this.

HiMucker

Quote from: glens abu on August 11, 2013, 03:23:35 PM
For me if guilty she deserves all she gets,too many young lives ruined by people like this.
catch yourself on.  You obviously know nothing about this.  Organised criminals look for the most vulnerable and desperate people to act as drug mules.  You can be sure she was getting a life changing sum of money for it.  Generally they tell them they will have to take a small amount then start packing loads of it into the suit case.  Also known trick is to set up ones with a few kilos for authorities, in order to get other mules.

glens abu

Quote from: HiMucker on August 11, 2013, 04:43:21 PM
catch yourself on.  You obviously know nothing about this.  Organised criminals look for the most vulnerable and desperate people to act as drug mules.  You can be sure she was getting a life changing sum of money for it.  Generally they tell them they will have to take a small amount then start packing loads of it into the suit case.  Also known trick is to set up ones with a few kilos for authorities, in order to get other mules.

Oh very good,you know so much about this sorry,just let her out then and anyone else who tells the police sorry I am a mule must go free. ::)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: glens abu on August 11, 2013, 04:47:32 PM

Oh very good,you know so much about this sorry,just let her out then and anyone else who tells the police sorry I am a mule must go free. ::)

I wonder would the lads have such empathy if it were a 45 year old man with a face like it was kicked by a Donkey!

Drugs ruin lives.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Aristo 60

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 11, 2013, 05:08:21 PM

Donkey/mule - like what you've done here!

I wonder would the lads have such empathy if it were a 45 year old man with a face like it was kicked by a Donkey!

Drugs ruin lives.

HiMucker

now did I say that?  Hardly a likely ten year stretch in a South American hell hole is deserved.  Alcohol ruins a lot more life's than cocaine that is for sure, ah but it's legal so everything is ok.  Look these girls made a massive mistake and will pay a huge price for it, but labelling their punishments "deserved" when you see some of the "crack" going on is ludicrous.

armaghniac

The penalty is deserved if they knew what they were doing. Newspapers say that mules get modest enough sums, so it is profoundly stupid as well.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

glens abu

Quote from: HiMucker on August 11, 2013, 05:31:26 PM

now did I say that?  Hardly a likely ten year stretch in a South American hell hole is deserved.  Alcohol ruins a lot more life's than cocaine that is for sure, ah but it's legal so everything is ok.  Look these girls made a massive mistake and will pay a huge price for it, but labelling their punishments "deserved" when you see some of the "crack" going on is ludicrous.

Again I am sorry but I think anyone caught smuggling drugs deserve all they get,they are not doing charity work the are profiting from other people's misery.If guilty let her do her time if this is not the case then a different story.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Gaffer on August 11, 2013, 02:17:01 AM
She is a young girl who didn't t realise what she was getting herself into.

If she had been a few years older she would have had the sense not to get involved.

She and her poor family have years of torture ahead of them

God help them all

To be honest, at 20 years of age if she wasn't aware that trying to smuggle Drugs through an Airport was a serious offence, she must have been very naïve.
Peru has the second highest rate in the world for arrest charges on people transporting Drugs.