This weekends predictions

Started by ck, June 21, 2019, 11:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Quote from: blanketattack on August 01, 2019, 04:10:59 PM
Quote from: thejuice on August 01, 2019, 12:29:30 PM
What are the implications if Kerry beat Meath by a smaller margin than Mayo or Donegal (9 points). I guess it'll put them in second place likely if Donegal win meaning the play Dublin in the semifinals.

1. Regardless of margins, if Kerry win and Donegal don't win, Kerry are top.
2. If Kerry win by the same or a greater margin than what Donegal win by, Kerry are top
3. If Donegal win by 2 more than what Kerry win by, Donegal are top.
4. If Donegal win by exactly 1 more than what Kerry win by, then whichever team scores the most this Saturday finishes top (both currently have 48 points scored)
5. If Donegal win by 1 more than Kerry, and both teams score the same amount on Saturday - it's a tie for top spot -teams play-off.
6. If Kerry draw and Donegal draw, Kerry are top.
7. If Kerry draw and Donegal lose, Kerry are top, Mayo are 2nd.
8. If Kerry lose and Donegal draw, Donegal are top, Kerry are 2nd.
9. If Kerry lose and Donegal lose, Mayo are top, 2nd spot decided similar to points 2. to 5. but in reverse.

Much easier for those simpler Mayo folk - win and you're through, fail to win and you're out.

A 1 point loss for Kerry would guarantee Kerry getting through in 2nd spot.

Point 5 has a further tie-breaker, in that if Kerry and Donegal score the same total, but one has more goals than the other, the team with more goals finishes ahead of the other.

Ball Hopper

If the crowd is late getting into one venue, say Castlebar, and officials decide to push the start time back by 30 minutes, will the other game be pushed back as well?  Out of fairness, like?

yellowcard

Listened to Kieran Donaghy day that Meath team and supporters will be massively hyped for the game against Kerry on Saturday night. I'm not sure what he is smoking, will supporters even bother going to a meaningless game for them. Not sure if it's a bout of Kerry yerra yerra or whether he has just bought into the Sky hype train.

BennyCake

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 01, 2019, 07:15:09 PM
If the crowd is late getting into one venue, say Castlebar, and officials decide to push the start time back by 30 minutes, will the other game be pushed back as well?  Out of fairness, like?

Cute Kerry hoors will do anything to win ;)

ck

Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2019, 07:40:06 PM
Listened to Kieran Donaghy day that Meath team and supporters will be massively hyped for the game against Kerry on Saturday night. I'm not sure what he is smoking, will supporters even bother going to a meaningless game for them. Not sure if it's a bout of Kerry yerra yerra or whether he has just bought into the Sky hype train.

Agree. Pure sh*te talk by star. Meath supporters won't even travel in big numbers.

From the Bunker

Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2019, 07:40:06 PM

Sky pay his wages! He'll say what ever he has to say to get viewership.

Farrandeelin

Is Kerry v Meath via the red button?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Mayo v Donegal - Draw
Kerry v Meath - Kerry by 6
Dublin v Tyrone - Dublin by 8
Cork v Roscommon - Cork by 7
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

giveballaghback

Kerry by 10
Donegal by 6
Dublin by whatever they feel like on the day
Rossies by 5

blanketattack

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 01, 2019, 07:13:10 PM
What are the implications if Kerry beat Meath by a smaller margin than Mayo or Donegal (9 points). I guess it'll put them in second place likely if Donegal win meaning the play Dublin in the semifinals.

2. If Kerry win by the same or a greater margin than what Donegal win by, Kerry are top
4. If Donegal win by exactly 1 more than what Kerry win by, then whichever team scores the most this Saturday finishes top (both currently have 48 points scored)
5. If Donegal win by 1 more than Kerry, and both teams score the same amount on Saturday - it's a tie for top spot -teams play-off.
9. If Kerry lose and Donegal lose, Mayo are top, 2nd spot decided similar to points 2. to 5. but in reverse.

Much easier for those simpler Mayo folk - win and you're through, fail to win and you're out.

Point 5 has a further tie-breaker, in that if Kerry and Donegal score the same total, but one has more goals than the other, the team with more goals finishes ahead of the other.

Are you sure? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere

Ball Hopper

Quote from: blanketattack on August 02, 2019, 02:22:46 AM

Top right-hand corner of slide 5...

https://www.gaa.ie/sportteller-content/stories/1/1/df726843-3951-459b-af6e-729c19588760/index.html#Slide_5

Ball Hopper

15 tipsters so far...

Donegal 11 Mayo 3 and 1 draw

Kerry 15 Meath 0

Dublin 10 Tyrone 1 and 4 draws

Cork 11 Roscommon 4

magpie seanie

On form you'd have to fancy Donegal to get out of Castlebar but the trends of recent years plus a few returning players suggests Mayo could perform at a higher level than they have so far this season. It's close to a 50/50 game I reckon.

blanketattack

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 02, 2019, 02:45:06 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 02, 2019, 02:22:46 AM

Top right-hand corner of slide 5...

https://www.gaa.ie/sportteller-content/stories/1/1/df726843-3951-459b-af6e-729c19588760/index.html#Slide_5

Cheers.
Like a kid wearing orthotic insoles, I stand corrected.

Ball Hopper

Donegal by 2
Kerry by 8
Dublin by 7
Cork by 7