Leinster Rugby Official Thread

Started by Tankie, August 07, 2007, 07:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Well was anyone at the match last week? Depressing stuff .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: Gnevin on October 10, 2007, 04:54:36 PM
Leinster Against Glasgow tonight any thoughts?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on October 12, 2007, 02:30:01 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on October 10, 2007, 04:54:36 PM
Leinster Against Glasgow tonight any thoughts?

was just checking its on setanta sports one for people who have the setanta package!
Grand Slam Saturday!

AZOffaly

I see Shane Horgan is captain for Leinster tonight. Many other of our World Cup 'heroes' back? I think the Munster lads, or at least some of them, are on a 2 week break.

Tankie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 12, 2007, 02:36:52 PM
I see Shane Horgan is captain for Leinster tonight. Many other of our World Cup 'heroes' back? I think the Munster lads, or at least some of them, are on a 2 week break.

Its only the magners league for them, that shower will be on a break until the interpro's when they are made play and then the Heino Cup.
Grand Slam Saturday!

AZOffaly

Munster are taking the Magners league more seriously this year, and have started well enough apart from the defeat by Cardiff last weekend. They've added a few players in the likes of Tipoki and Howlett (soon), and seem to be blooding a few of them in the League so far, and they are better quality than the shadow teams of last year, but are still majorly exposed at full back. Shaun Payne is back playing with them so far. Munster have Stringer on the bench this weekend, and Quinlan and Carney are playing, as is Tony Buckly, the huge Prop who is heir apparent to the Bull. Given the brutal HEC group they are in, I bet Munster play their top players more often in the League this year. Anyway, I'll stop rabbiting on about Munster now and let ye get back to discussing Leinster :D

Gnevin

What the deal with BOD being rested , is he still wreaked after the world cup?

AZOffaly

I think they are entitled to a break GNevin. I know O'Connell,O'Callaghan , Leamy, Wallace, o'Gara, the Bull and Horan have been taking it easy since they came back. They have 2 weeks off to recover. (From what I don't know). I presume the likes of D'Arcy, O'Driscoll etc would be in the same boat. Having said that I think they are all back training now. Better to get straight back on the bike after falling off I suppose.

Dinny Breen

QuoteLeinster Against Glasgow tonight any thoughts?

Hundreds but the side that has been picked will lose. We don't have a front five that can compete away from home and just about survives at home  Not convinced about Sexton and I don't he can control a game yet. With Horgan as OC can't imagine our wingers getting any ball..

As for needing a break, they don't need a break, they to be back training challenging for their places...
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I agree Dinny, and I hope that Munster will challenge for the League seriously this year, and that means playing their best players when they can. I'm heading down to Musgrave Park for the Edinburgh game on the 3rd November and the Dragon's on the 23rd/24th. I want to see them taking it seriously, and I think they will.

Dinny Breen

Kidney seems to have learnt his lesson, Cheilka always tried to play his best 15, I think orders from above weren't helping. After an abysmal World Cup hopefully people will realise you can't protect players, they need to play and play often....

Heading to the Leinster v Connacht game and the Tigers game, so I hope BOD, Dempsey and the good doc are back soon, Leinster need them badly....
#newbridgeornowhere

Tankie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 12, 2007, 03:08:50 PM
QuoteLeinster Against Glasgow tonight any thoughts?

Hundreds but the side that has been picked will lose. We don't have a front five that can compete away from home and just about survives at home  Not convinced about Sexton and I don't he can control a game yet. With Horgan as OC can't imagine our wingers getting any ball..

As for needing a break, they don't need a break, they to be back training challenging for their places...

Gotta agree Dinny, he's a player with great protential but aint the finished artical by any means.

Can anyone tell me why leinster kept running their penalties last week when they were going for a bonus point, i was in the uk in a pub that had no sound, would we not have been better kicking fro the line as then we would have made 40meters?
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tankie

Great to have a full squad back for the interpro's, we have to games for the pack to get themselves sorted for the Heino Cup. It will be interesting how Ollie Le-Roux gets used.

QuoteLEINSTER squad to face Ulster in the Magners League on Friday at Ravenhill, kick-off 7.30pm:

Backs: Chris Whitaker, Cillian Willis, Felipe Contepomi, Jonathan Sexton, Christian Warner, Michael Berne, Gordon D'Arcy, Brian O'Driscoll, Luke Fitzgerald, Rob Kearney, Gary Brown, Shane Horgan, Girvan Dempsey.

Forwards: Stan Wright, Bernard Jackman, Ollie Le-Roux, Juan Francisco Gomez, Stephen Knoop, Leo Cullen, Malcolm O'Kelly, Devin Toner, Stephen Keogh, Keith Gleeson, Shane Jennings, Jamie Heaslip, Kevin McLaughlin.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Dinny Breen

Felipe Contepomi, now there's a guy that could do with a break, can't imagine he will feature too much, maybe a 20 minute cameo at the end. Disappointed not to see Cian Healy in there and I would expect Ollie Le-Roux will likewise be introduced at the end however in the future would imagine he'll be used from the start before been replaced on the 50 mark.........
#newbridgeornowhere

Tankie

Strong squad for tomorrow night:

LEINSTER:

15: Girvan Dempsey
14: Shane Horgan
13: Brian O'Driscoll CAPTAIN
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Rob Kearney
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Chris Whitaker

1: Ollie Le-Roux