[Merged] Religion topic Bishop Eamon reaffirms Catholic teaching & Cinemas refusing to show ad featu

Started by T Fearon, November 07, 2015, 07:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 20, 2015, 04:41:26 PM
Gay dentists can also put things in your mouth too.

Fair play Tony.

It takes a big man to admit it.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Apples how many times do I have to say this.Jesus' compassion was not unconditional,it was extended to sinners with the aim of getting them to recognise their sin and repent.Jesus would have no compassion for a gay atheist for example.Read the Gospels and Jesus' frequent dire warnings of what awaits those who do not heed his call to believe in him and repent.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 20, 2015, 10:17:38 PM
Apples how many times do I have to say this.Jesus' compassion was not unconditional,it was extended to sinners with the aim of getting them to recognise their sin and repent.Jesus would have no compassion for a gay atheist for example.Read the Gospels and Jesus' frequent dire warnings of what awaits those who do not heed his call to believe in him and repent.

Why don't you back up your claims and post them yourself?
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Tony, would you not think those warnings were specifically for the Jews of His day?
If a baptised Catholic who sins all over the place( gay/straight/agnostic/atheist) gets run over by a car gets anointed before he dies....?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

If the anointment is accompanied by a sincere confession/Act of contrition,from what we know,that should be ok.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on November 21, 2015, 02:04:19 AM
If the anointment is accompanied by a sincere confession/Act of contrition,from what we know,that should be ok.
i.e. absolutely nothing

Applesisapples

Only gay atheists?

T Fearon

Now can you imagine the outrage if they refused to display an ad supporting Gay Marriage? >:(

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2015, 06:32:11 PM
Now can you imagine the outrage if they refused to display an ad supporting Gay Marriage? >:(
Gay marriage isn't religious

T Fearon

If a bakery refuses to ice a message on a cake supporting gay marriage,and is subsequently charged with breaching equality laws,surely cinemas can be charged with discriminating against the Christian community

general_lee

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2015, 06:43:18 PM
If a bakery refuses to ice a message on a cake supporting gay marriage,and is subsequently charged with breaching equality laws,surely cinemas can be charged with discriminating against the Christian community
Not if they have a policy of not showing religious or political advertisements. Surely this ad falls within that category? For the record I'm opposed to all ads at cinemas, regardless of content.

T Fearon

Therefore why can't a business have a policy of not endorsing or advertising gay marriage?

From the Bunker

Sorry but i could not resist this worn out caption.

general_lee

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2015, 07:11:59 PM
Therefore why can't a business have a policy of not endorsing or advertising gay marriage?
They can. But they'll possibly face a breach of equality legislation.

That is entirely different to a body overseeing advertisements in cinemas implementing a policy of no political/religious adverts. I'm sure a pro-gay marriage ad would likewise not be screened. Would you complain then?

outinfront