[Merged] Religion topic Bishop Eamon reaffirms Catholic teaching & Cinemas refusing to show ad featu

Started by T Fearon, November 07, 2015, 07:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on November 16, 2015, 07:25:07 PM
If you follow the core belief that Jesus is the Saviour and you repent and avoid serious sin,that's all you need.No point in complicating matters.
Hmmm, so we only have to worry about "serious" sin... surely homosexuality is a fairly minor indiscretion then? It's not like theft, murder, assault, infidelity or any number of other sins where someone gets hurt.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

No,as I wasn't there.But as I said faith is not capable of being factually proven

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on November 16, 2015, 10:37:49 PM
No,as I wasn't there.But as I said faith is not capable of being factually proven

Blind faith is a dangerous weapon don't you think?? In the wrong hands can lead to sinful things
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

My faith is not blind.It is intuitive and based on the quite logical necessity of a greater power that created this world and makes all of nature happen.

mylestheslasher

Does it not say in the bible somewhere that people should not engage with Tony as he is a looper. Well if it doesn't say that it should. Maybe in the next edition?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 16, 2015, 11:00:49 PM
My faith is not blind.It is intuitive and based on the quite logical necessity of a greater power that created this world and makes all of nature happen.

Why do you jump from that, to cherry-picking bits of a book written by unknown authors thousands of years ago?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I don't cherry pick,I follow the message of salvation and example of Jesus.

omaghjoe

Quote from: T Fearon on November 16, 2015, 11:00:49 PM

Wouldn't say its a logical necessity per se, at least if yer talking in terms of how we presently understand the world/universe in the empirical way. Your endanger of retreating to the God of Gaps which would be contrary to faith.

But there is probably as much logic to it than the infinity that is proposed.

T Fearon

Science explains how it happened not why.Faith has a mysterious perspective otherwise it would be fact.

omaghjoe

Science actually doesn't presently ultimately explain how, of course im not saying that they wont...

But its an irrelevant discussion to faith.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 16, 2015, 11:55:11 PM
I don't cherry pick,I follow the message of salvation and example of Jesus.

You don't dress like him,
eat like him,
speak like him,
wash like him,
pray like him,
or refer to The Old Testament like him.

Although you do preach like him in fairness.

If you went to a Spurs match you would more resemble a follower than you do Jesus.
MWWSI 2017