[Merged] Religion topic Bishop Eamon reaffirms Catholic teaching & Cinemas refusing to show ad featu

Started by T Fearon, November 07, 2015, 07:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 10, 2015, 07:11:17 PM
He didn't have to spend time with every sinner to make clear the purpose of his life,which was to save people by persuading them to turn away from sin.The example is there for everyone to see

Tony, who did Cain and Abel marry?
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on November 10, 2015, 06:46:46 PM
I do use a credit card,but pay off at end of month without incurring interest😂.

Look the Catholic Church,along with all other Christian Churches teaches Heaven and Hell await the righteous and wicked.This belief is derived from Scripture, it is not my decree.It is plain that Jesus' mission (and Im amazed by the many people on this thread,who don't profess to believe in him on one hand yet quote his time spent with sinners on the other😱)  was to atone for "sin" (not understand it,condone it or to have unconditional love for its practitioners). His whole mission was to save sinners hence the amount of time spent with the Ungodly.
Most people would probably believe that Jesus (the man) existed. It's the rest of it that's a bit far fetched.

And people here are only quoting what he did to point out the holes in your position.

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 10, 2015, 07:50:18 PM

Look the Catholic Church,along with all other Christian Churches teaches Heaven and Hell await the righteous and wicked.This belief is derived from Scripture, it is not my decree.It is plain that Jesus' mission (and Im amazed by the many people on this thread,who don't profess to believe in him on one hand yet quote his time spent with sinners on the other😱)  was to atone for "sin" (not understand it,condone it or to have unconditional love for its practitioners). His whole mission was to save sinners hence the amount of time spent with the Ungodly.
Most people would probably believe that Jesus (the man) existed. It's the rest of it that's a bit far fetched.

And people here are only quoting what he did to point out the holes in your position.

Most people have read some or all of the Bible. It is the most widely read and printed book in history. And an interesting read it is too. But it is not to be taken literally.

Tony seems to believe that only he himself has read it, for some reason.
MWWSI 2017

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on November 10, 2015, 06:00:55 PM
Jesus hung around with "dodgy" characters for one reason.To attempt to get them to change.

That insight is based on what exactly?

smelmoth

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 10, 2015, 06:07:27 PM
Would you use a credit card? Thereby aid and abet usury?

Excellemt use of words there. Tony's own admission is that he does "aid and abet" usury

smelmoth

Time to elevate your post above the level of the inanely stupid.

I don't believe Bob Cratchit existed. I do believe Thomas Paine existed. I don't believe either was the son of god. You seem to think that would disentitle me to quote Paine's words or Cratchit's humility. That is incredibly stupid of you. Incredibly stupid

T Fearon

Whether Jesus existed,or is the Son of God can neither be proved or disproved.I,along with millions of others believe he did exist and was the Son of God.What is wrong with that? Why are so many,as evidenced by this thread,not content to simply disagree with this but feel the need to ridicule this belief? Deep down do they fear it might just be true,and that their eternal destiny is dark?

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on November 10, 2015, 09:35:36 PM
Whether Jesus existed,or is the Son of God can neither be proved or disproved.I,along with millions of others believe he did exist and was the Son of God.What is wrong with that? Why are so many,as evidenced by this thread,not content to simply disagree with this but feel the need to ridicule this belief? Deep down do they fear it might just be true,and that their eternal destiny is dark?
Do you think your beliefs should be above ridicule? Why?

T Fearon

Ridicule is ultimately the product of fear.Do you think I'm worried if my beliefs are ridiculed? Do you think ridicule will alter my beliefs one iota?

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on November 10, 2015, 09:35:36 PM

It is not your beliefs. It is how you go about expressing them and how judgemental / hypocritical you come across.

Faith, when in the right hands, is something i would always respect. When in the right hands is a key point though.

T Fearon

I am not being judgemental,simply expressing the beliefs shared largely by all mainstream Christian Churches.

Are those people rudiculing these beliefs trying to convince me,or themselves that these beliefs are ridiculous.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 10, 2015, 10:15:04 PM
I am not being judgemental,simply expressing the beliefs shared largely by all mainstream Christian Churches.

Are those people rudiculing these beliefs trying to convince me,or themselves that these beliefs are ridiculous.

You would disown a gay family member.

You have said it often enough. That has nothing to do with religion, Jesus or shows any understanding of anything other that your own prejudices.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Similarly I would disown a family member if he or she murdered,raped,burgled etc,at least until they showed signs of true remorse.I am also sure that the family member disowned would have little care about being disowned.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on November 10, 2015, 09:53:06 PM
Ridicule is ultimately the product of fear.Do you think I'm worried if my beliefs are ridiculed? Do you think ridicule will alter my beliefs one iota?
It has nothing to do with fear. If someone ridicules creationists because they claim the earth is 6,000 years old, where is the fear?

T Fearon

The fear is in the notion that it was perchance "created"