Who will you support in the World Cup?

Started by Sidney, October 17, 2013, 10:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Supporting England? This is obviously a wind-up?

Sidney

Quote from: BennyCake on October 17, 2013, 12:09:25 PM
Why would you not support your nearest participating neighbours?

It's no different to, say, a Roscommon person supporting Mayo, or a Limerick person supporting Clare in an All-Ireland final.

ballinaman

I'm glad England are there. The inevitable meltdown and fallout is great entertainment....must be what it's like for other counties looking at Mayo... :P

Seriously though, England are going to get destroyed out there. I'll be on my hands and knees hoping we get drawn in same group as England on 23rd February for Euro 2016.

England,Ireland,Slovenia,Armenia,Iceland and Gibraltar(going to be in it) would be a lovely group with some cracking away trips.

Hardy

Sidney

Quote from: ballinaman on October 17, 2013, 12:27:31 PM
I'm glad England are there. The inevitable meltdown and fallout is great entertainment....must be what it's like for other counties looking at Mayo... :P

Seriously though, England are going to get destroyed out there. I'll be on my hands and knees hoping we get drawn in same group as England on 23rd February for Euro 2016.

England,Ireland,Slovenia,Armenia,Iceland and Gibraltar(going to be in it) would be a lovely group with some cracking away trips.
Let's hope that the Irish will be able to deal with any shots fired at them in Gibraltar in the away match, unlike in the past.

BennyCake

Quote from: Sidney on October 17, 2013, 12:24:56 PM

It's no different to, say, a Roscommon person supporting Mayo, or a Limerick person supporting Clare in an All-Ireland final.

Its very different.

Sidney

Quote from: BennyCake on October 17, 2013, 12:36:30 PM

Its very different.
Why?

deiseach

Its very different.

It's the same thing - which is why no Irish person in their right mind should be cheering for England.

Canalman

For want of a better work I would "support" Argentina usually in the WCs. Not too pushed who wins it as long as Holland don't. Arrogant arrogant nation.

Don't despise England like many on this island. Actually like many of their players .

armaghniac

If Argentina is good enough for the Pope then we should row in behind them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

magpie seanie

Think it would be great if Argentina won in Brazil.

Usually look out for the team that the United lads are playing for so Mexico and Belgium will be of interest. England is always a soap opera though their limitations may actually be a strength (they can't really believe they'll win it this time, surely?).

BennyCake

Quote from: Sidney on October 17, 2013, 12:43:30 PM

Its very different.
Why?

Try 800 years, dude.

As much as I dislike Tyrone, they only beat us in a few games of football. Same with any GAA rivalry. Its so much more where England are involved.

deiseach

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 17, 2013, 12:59:49 PM
England is always a soap opera though their limitations may actually be a strength (they can't really believe they'll win it this time, surely?).

Slim, none, etc.

ballinaman

Quote from: hardstation on October 17, 2013, 01:04:36 PM
Quote from: Sidney on October 17, 2013, 12:34:19 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 17, 2013, 12:27:31 PM

Let's hope that the Irish will be able to deal with any shots fired at them in Gibraltar in the away match, unlike in the past.
Fcukwit.
+1