Who will you support in the World Cup?

Started by Sidney, October 17, 2013, 10:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

ENGLAND for me.

It would be amazing for our domestic game if we can do it.

With Stevie and Lamps bossing the centre, Jags and Joles shutting out opposition attacks, and Roo-mania rampant, we'll be living it up in Rio like Ronnie Biggs.

I know all four home nations will be getting behind our British Isles representatives.

Club Rossa

ballinaman

Ze Germans for me.

Have 20 on them at 12/1 from last year. Had a great trip to Cologne last weekend and Berlin prior to Poznan last summer, sound bunch of lads.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Sidney on October 17, 2013, 10:49:55 AM
ENGLAND for me.

It would be amazing for our domestic game if we can do it.

With Stevie and Lamps bossing the centre, Jags and Joles shutting out opposition attacks, and Roo-mania rampant, we'll be living it up in Rio like Ronnie Biggs.

I know all four home nations will be getting behind our British Isles representatives.

"our domestic game"    "our British Isles representatives"  and a Union Jack Smiley. You wouldn't be trolling by any chance, would ya?

deiseach

England. England win = domestic tranquility. England lose = several days of thunder. Losing to Germany in the last World Cup = Hurricane Katrina.

Billys Boots

Wobbler and I will be supporting Belgium.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

rodney trotter

Belgium would be a dark horse, def worth a ew bet. Columbia and Chile I think could do well. Would have Bazil and the Germans as favs.

Sidney

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 17, 2013, 10:59:20 AM

"our domestic game"    "our British Isles representatives"  and a Union Jack Smiley. You wouldn't be trolling by any chance, would ya?
What would you class as our domestic game?

There is no league in this country. They're not my words, but the words of the man who managed the Irish international team from 2008 to 2013.

OakleafCounty

I hope Brazil win it on home soil. I like all the South American teams though. Easily the most entertaining teams to watch at every world cup. At the last world cup I couldn't get enough of watching Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay. It's refreshing to see the beautiful game as it was intended.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Sidney on October 17, 2013, 11:30:45 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on October 17, 2013, 10:59:20 AM

What would you class as our domestic game?

There is no league in this country. They're not my words, but the words of the man who managed the Irish international team from 2008 to 2013.

All those League of Ireland games I've been to must have been a figment of my imagination.

brokencrossbar1

I will support Engerland and hope that Woy comes out with another pseudo racist comment that the Press can brush under the carpet, if only Luis had called Evra a monkey instead of a nigger.

deiseach

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 17, 2013, 11:35:42 AM
All those League of Ireland games I've been to must have been a figment of my imagination.

That's a relief. Now I can pretend that the Blues are not crap!

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2013, 11:44:47 AM
I will support Engerland and hope that Woy comes out with another pseudo racist comment that the Press can brush under the carpet, if only Luis had called Evra a monkey instead of a nigger.

Just as well he didn't say 'mono', then he'd really be in trouble!

Sidney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2013, 11:44:47 AM
Those that have a problem with Roy' Hodgson are the real racists and trivialise a problem that England, more than any other European country, has been to the forefront of dealing with.