US Open 2011 16th-19th June at Congressional Country Club

Started by Groucho, June 09, 2011, 12:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Have went for leaders of the first round. Casey, Kaymer, Chio, Molinari.

Only a pound on them each, as the gambling addiction needs attention Tony :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

went for KJ Choi, Stricker and Kaymer myself

any of you yanks on here wanna buy some very good tickets?

J OGorman

anyone know odds you would get for  McIlroy / Mickelson both finishing in the top 3?

cheers

venter

Mickelson will finally win a US open.

Three that i reckon will do well:
Luke Donald
Matt Kuchar
Mark Wilson

I think Harry will fail to make the cut (hope im proved wrong on that one)

mackers

Mickleson's wayward driving means that the US Open is the major I would fancy him the least in.
Westwood would be my pick.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Radda bout yeee

How has Paul Casey been playing recently? - Always fancied him for a major but think he went off the boil over the last few years!

Bogball XV

Quote from: mackers on June 16, 2011, 10:49:21 AM
Mickleson's wayward driving means that the US Open is the major I would fancy him the least in.
5 second places - not a bad record - a wee bit better than hi British Open record where he's only been in half contention once.

leaveherinsir

Not a betting man, but i think Mickelson, Kuchar, Poulter, Goosen, Scott. Very difficult to predict the majors recently, anyone one of at least 50 golfers could win this. If i remember right no one on here tipped Schwartzel in the Masters thread.

Pat Mustard

E/W bets on:

Mickelson 16/1
Day 45/1
Goosen 60/1
Fowler 80/1
Cabrera 100/1
Oosthuizen 200/1 (also a bet on him to lead after first day)

If none of the above are in contention after the cut I'll have another few bets.

Rossie11

Picks and reasons
Mickelson 16/1   Accuracy might be poor but ability to reach the green from trouble is a huge help
Goosen   66/1    Under the radar and twice US open winner and regular contender. 3rd last week
Love    210/1     Loves this course and was 6th last year
Mahan   30/1     Could have won 2 years ago but for terrible bad luck. Good record on course
Moore   110/1    Huge hitter who has 2 good finishes in US Open from 2 starts
Baddeley  125/1  Long hitter with very good short game. Having a good year
Edfors   420/1    3 top tens in europe past 3 weeks and finished top 30 on only US open start.

Pizzas beer and couch for the weekend. Happy days

venter

Quote from: mackers on June 16, 2011, 10:49:21 AM

As bogball mentioned he has a very decent record at the open, he pretty much threw one away at winged foot a few years ago with a double bogey at the last. I think the rough is graduated this time so not as penal for slightly wayward drives. He will throw in the odd pull hook but then we'll get a chance to see some of the mickelson magic out of the unknown

Canalman

Going Dustin Johnston to win.

Two E5 e/w bets also on Carbrera and Choi.

Radda bout yeee

I've went off Casey now
Bubba small e/w
Big Phil slightly larger e/w

whitegoodman

I went e/w on

phil
westwood
Dustin Johnston
Cabrera
Bubba

As someone else said big hitters should do well here

Disappointing to say but i fancy all 4 irish men to miss the cut!!!

RealSpiritof98

not 1 mention of Irelands greatest ever golfer, made me a fortune a few years back so i have a bit ew @70s for Harri, also Els and Kucher