US Masters 2011

Started by Groucho, March 28, 2011, 07:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quoteannoying Ray Charles music

What are ye on about, there's no such thing!  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AN other

I hate the way Woods carries on, with a passion.
I'd say I hope he never wins another tournament again but from an entertainment point of view he adds so much to a golf tournament.
The sense of expectation created when he started to make moves on Friday and Saturday could not have been created by anybody else. He doesn't half know it. I don't think his behaviour would be tolerated by anybody but for his ability and what he adds to a tournament - fans or officials.

muppet

Quote from: AN other on April 11, 2011, 02:46:06 PM
I'd say I hope he never wins another tournament again but from an entertainment point of view he adds so much to a golf tournament.
The sense of expectation created when he started to make moves on Friday and Saturday could not have been created by anybody else. He doesn't half know it. I don't think his behaviour would be tolerated by anybody but for his ability and what he adds to a tournament - fans or officials.

When Rory faded I have to admit I was hoping Tiger would go on one of those charges that energise the crowds like no one else. I was still thinking he might make a play-off but his interview was pathetic.
MWWSI 2017

Trout

Quote from: muppet on April 11, 2011, 02:51:40 PM

When Rory faded I have to admit I was hoping Tiger would go on one of those charges that energise the crowds like no one else. I was still thinking he might make a play-off but his interview was pathetic.

No doubt you will tell him that when you see him.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

muppet

Quote from: Trout on April 11, 2011, 02:55:08 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 11, 2011, 02:51:40 PM

No doubt you will tell him that when you see him.

I don't live in the same statelet as him. You will probably get your chance.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 11, 2011, 02:02:53 PM
Ah lads, read Hardy's post.

I did..I thought I heard someone playing violins when I was reading it..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on April 11, 2011, 04:33:38 PM

Standard patient calming, you'll be grand.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: laoislad on April 11, 2011, 04:33:38 PM

I hope it made a pleasant change from the banjoes.

Orangemac

It's definitely more exciting when he is in contention but he's an unlikeable p***k. See him laughing to himself on Saturday when he hooked a tee shot. Thinks everything revolves around him. Hope he gets to 17 majors and no more.

leaveherinsir

Dont think anyone predicted Schwartzel on here, even as each way chance. I could be wrong, but im not reading thru 25 odd pages to find out. Fair play to him, got the luck in the first three holes, but what a finish with the 4 birdies. Immmelman and Oosthuizen havnt really set the world on fire since their recent major wins, will be interesting to see if Schwartzel can push on from this.

Orangemac

Quote from: Bingo on April 11, 2011, 11:04:29 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 11, 2011, 10:48:35 AM
A lot of people seem to be very harsh on McIlroy.  Not too many people lead from day one until the end though, and he just fell short.  I look forward to seeing him progress over the next few years, going to be a great player.

I'd be worried about his putting/nerve. At a similar age Garcia was similarly rated and was only a matter of time before he got a major, many years later, he is still waiting and may have missed his chance. If

Be a massive test for McIlroy when he is in contention on final day of any tournement never mind a major, he'll win to win one soon to put the doubts to bed.
Would worry about the same thing. If you are good enough you are old enough. Think he is a better player than Garcia and more level headed in general.Would remind you a bit of Darren Clarke in his pomp that when he was good he was very good and when he was bad he was bad.A bogey would become a triple bogey very quickly.

I think there's something in the Irish makeup that we like to be underdogs rather than favourites. Rory will probably win his 1st major by coming from 3 shots back. People talk about experience of majors but I thnk Rory needs to get the hang of winnng in general, either by leading from the front or going on a run.

Agree that he is a credit to his parents and seems to be genuinely liked by press & colleagues.

the Deel Rover

interesting reading the last few pages of this thread after his performance over the weekend amazing the difference a couple of months make
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001