Just send in the A-Team to sort it out.

The US government don't like them.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

johnneycool

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 26, 2010, 05:20:09 AM
Quote from: fearbrags on January 26, 2010, 04:59:27 AM
We all need to get our news  from fox (fair and balanced)!
And  our history from  Pat Robertson.

Na... simply lifting a news paper or reading a book would be a fairly good start for a young lad like yourself!
Having said that, Fox news' ratings are very impressive of late..could that possibly speak for itself?

The red top newspapers have the market share in the UK but that hardly makes them the bastion of integrity and honesty!

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: give her dixie on January 25, 2010, 11:30:43 PM
For nearly 2 weeks now the US have done nothing but put troops on the ground. Occupation all over again.
16,000 at the last count, while doctors perform amputations without even painkillers.
Millions of people have been starving, and left homeless, and the US send in their killing machines.

They have tied up the airport, while thousands of tonnes of aid doesn't get delivered.
A French plane carrying a mobile hospital gets refused for 3 DAYS to land, so Uncle Sam can get more troops on the ground.

This is New Orleans all over again. Starve the people for days, then they loot for food, and then Uncle Sam tells us they can't deliver food because of "Security Concerns".
Even John O' Shea buys into their propaganda, and refuses to deliver Irish Aid. All he wants is cash, and plenty of it. Shame on him big time for his stance on this one. This is him on Al Jazeera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X0-3FQqN3c

Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia, France, Turkey, etc, etc, have all been on the ground working from the start and we don't hear a word about their work.

The US should hang their heads in shame for their role in Haiti right now, and for their continued illegal interference over the years there.

A tirade of anti-Americanism from a man who calls himself Give her Dixie. Where is Dixie, exactly?

No talking to some people.

Keyser soze

Jeez, never realised there were so many neo-cons on the board!! What this thread has shown is that there are 2 views of what the US is doing, and has done in the past, in Haiti.

Anyone with any rudimentary knowledge of the history of American involvement in Haiti, including the kidnap and exile of their democratically elected president, would question their motives in sending such a large military force to undertake an aid mission. I cannot recall any other recent natural disaster where the humanitarian effort was preceded by the arrival of an invasion sized military detachment from a neighbouring country.  However i am happy to applaud their efforts to assist the stricken people of Haiti with food, medicine etc etc. If they put their mind to it no other country can get things done as quickly and effeciently as them. Nonetheless that I would be concerned that their mind might wander. Their previous conduct in other areas of the Carribbean and Latin and South America is indefensible in many instances and makes me suspicious of their motives in arriving in such large numbers.

The other world view is that if you watch Al Jazeera [which to the best of my knowledge is a very well respected news channel] it is an imperative that you will automatically be anti-American. If you have the word Dixie in your name it automatically must refer to the Mason Dixon line. Having said name as your username automatically precludes you from expressing a negative opinion about the USA.
With political insight like this it is no wonder that idiots of the calibre of G W Bush and Sarah Palin can garner such levels of support from the US public.

If you want to defend what the USA has done in Haiti in relation to their aid effort, do so. Don't post irrelevant claptrap which only serves to make you look like a fool.

Tyrones own

QuoteAnyone with any rudimentary knowledge of the history of American involvement in Haiti, including the kidnap and exile of their democratically elected president, would question their motives in sending such a large military force to undertake an aid mission. I cannot recall any other recent natural disaster where the humanitarian effort was preceded by the arrival of an invasion sized military detachment from a neighbouring country.  However i am happy to applaud their efforts to assist the stricken people of Haiti with food, medicine etc etc. If they put their mind to it no other country can get things done as quickly and effeciently as them. Nonetheless that I would be concerned that their mind might wander. Their previous conduct in other areas of the Carribbean and Latin and South America is indefensible in many instances and makes me suspicious of their motives in arriving in such large numbers.

Maybe you missed Ha Ha Derry's post on page 3... either that or it simply doesn't suit the agenda here and that's to thrash America at every opportunity ::)
QuoteI cannot recall any other recent natural disaster where the humanitarian effort was preceded by the arrival of an invasion sized military detachment from a neighbouring country.
Can you recall any recent disasters that occurred in such an impoverished, unorganized violent and inaccessible place
QuoteThe other world view is that if you watch Al Jazeera [which to the best of my knowledge is a very well respected news channel] it is an imperative that you will automatically be anti-American
And we're being defensive?.....where did I say Al Jazeera weren't a reputable network, you'd simply be hard pressed
to find any positive slant on the US in any way shape or form
QuoteIf you want to defend what the USA has done in Haiti in relation to their aid effort, do so. Don't post irrelevant claptrap which only serves to make you look like a fool.
Anyone that holds such animosity and hate regardless of the subject are who look and sound like fools here!
QuoteWith political insight like this it is no wonder that idiots of the calibre of G W Bush and Sarah Palin can garner such levels of support from the US public.
Surely you know by now that the statement above makes you sound like an ignorant idiot!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Zapatista on January 25, 2010, 09:43:11 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 25, 2010, 09:34:16 PM
I am not disagreeing, I just think France were more culpable.

It's form for France too. There are a few Countries (including this one) picking up the pieces after them in Africa too.

They didn't help themselves either, soon after Independence they divided into two separate states a Republic in the South and a dictate Kingdom in the North. In more recent years they have badly deforested their country, if you look at satellite images, you can clearly see the border, as the Dominican Republic is green and lush and Haiti is brown and barren, its contrast can literally (yes I meant that word) be seen along the border. After Independence ethnic cleansing took place killing off most of the whites, expelling the rest (who went to New Orleans). Yes I know there was an Indigenous people (mostly extinct or mixed in with the white/black populous), but the whites where there before the blacks and the original white population and most of the white immigrants had nothing to do with the slave trade.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Zapatista

The BBC

"Meanwhile, Haiti's most serious underlying social problem, the huge wealth gap between the impoverished Creole-speaking black majority and the French-speaking minority, 1% of whom own nearly half the country's wealth, remains unaddressed"

I don't know much about the breakdown in politics but does France have any influence over the 1% mentioned? Did they leave the place with that type of social problem?

mannix

heroes describes the concerned parties

Keyser soze

Maybe you missed Ha Ha Derry's post on page 3... either that or it simply doesn't suit the agenda here and that's to thrash America at every opportunity ::)
QuoteI cannot recall any other recent natural disaster where the humanitarian effort was preceded by the arrival of an invasion sized military detachment from a neighbouring country.
Can you recall any recent disasters that occurred in such an impoverished, unorganized violent and inaccessible place

Well I suppose Banda Ache, North Pakistan and eh ................ :DNew Orleans. I don't have an agenda.

QuoteThe other world view is that if you watch Al Jazeera [which to the best of my knowledge is a very well respected news channel] it is an imperative that you will automatically be anti-American
And we're being defensive?.....where did I say Al Jazeera weren't a reputable network, you'd simply be hard pressed
to find any positive slant on the US in any way shape or form

You sneeringly dismissed a poster's point because he provided a link to an interview with Al Jazeera.

QuoteIf you want to defend what the USA has done in Haiti in relation to their aid effort, do so. Don't post irrelevant claptrap which only serves to make you look like a fool.
Anyone that holds such animosity and hate regardless of the subject are who look and sound like fools here!

I don't have any animosity or hate and nowhere in the bit you have quoted is there any intimation of either, so again I'll contend that it is you who is the fool. I asked for your opinion on the thread title i.e. the USA's effort in Haiti but of course you're so busy falling over yourself to tackle the man that you couldn't pick the ball up when it bounced in front of you, a**h*le.

QuoteWith political insight like this it is no wonder that idiots of the calibre of G W Bush and Sarah Palin can garner such levels of support from the US public.
Surely you know by now that the statement above makes you sound like an ignorant idiot!
[/quote]
Well actually no I don't. Bush and Palin are idiots and it is a sad reflection of a, thankfully, minority of Americans that these clowns can garner substantial support. From your comments on here, which display a complete lack of awareness of how the US is perceived abroad, I presumed, and I beg your pardon if I presumed incorrectly, that you would be a supporter of these 2 who display a similar lack of knowledge and awareness.

stew

So Bush and Palin are idiots? ok. Aside from the fact that Bush is n longer in office and Palin never was in Office in the White House as VP mind you not president, who would you have voted for if you had a vote in the States?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magickingdom

Quote from: give her dixie on January 26, 2010, 12:18:08 AM
"There really is no help for people like you, you are too far gone and too much hate in your heart". 

Stew, it's people like me who have a heart can say what I said.

If you had of seen the same handy work of the US as me, then you wouldn't be so quick to put me down.

Again, I will repeat myself. "The US need to hang their head in shame for their role in Haiti right now."

And don't start me on their other achievements.

care to explain? you obviously hate the place and can see no good in anything the US does, that say a lot about you. i truly believe there ain't no pleasing some people

Tyrones own

QuoteWell I suppose Banda Ache, North Pakistan and eh ................ :DNew Orleans. I don't have an agenda.
I apologize, I was actually unaware that New Orleans was impoverished, unorganized, violent and ........inaccessible ::)
And you still didn't read Derry's post did ye?
QuoteI don't have an agenda.
Really,  :D  what else would best describe then the vitriol and stinging insults for all things America..both good and bad?
QuoteYou sneeringly dismissed a poster's point because he provided a link to an interview with Al Jazeera.
It's common knowledge around here that you're not the sharpest but if you go back and read it very s l o w l y this time
you'd realize I wasn't dismissing his point, merely pointing out that..... ah fcuk it just read it again ::)
QuoteI asked for your opinion on the thread title i.e. the USA's effort in Hait
Please do quote where exactly you asked me anything regarding the thread title ??? no, you were merely falling over yourself
to make a negative opinionated judgment call about how and what the US should be doing...
Quotebut of course you're so busy falling over yourself to tackle the man that you couldn't pick the ball up when it bounced in front of you, a**h*le.
::) Ah the hard-man keyboard warrior tactics...sorta tells it's own story right there :'(
  - Walter Lippmann

stew

Quote from: magickingdom on January 26, 2010, 07:06:23 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on January 26, 2010, 12:18:08 AM
"There really is no help for people like you, you are too far gone and too much hate in your heart". 

Stew, it's people like me who have a heart can say what I said.

If you had of seen the same handy work of the US as me, then you wouldn't be so quick to put me down.

Again, I will repeat myself. "The US need to hang their head in shame for their role in Haiti right now."

And don't start me on their other achievements.

care to explain? you obviously hate the place and can see no good in anything the US does, that say a lot about you. i truly believe some there ain't no pleasing some people

Let me guess, you are an operative for the taliban.  ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tyrones own

Na Stew.... I think you could switch out the Taliban for Hamas :-\
  - Walter Lippmann

give her dixie

It's amazing that in my reply to the thread title, I get attacked for my user name, for supporting the Taliban, Hamas, for watching the "wrong" News station, for disliking the US, etc, etc. Have these same people read my post? Have they any argument with what I said? Why the personal attacks?

Let me point out this much, I have nothing against the US population, just the corrupt Government that sends troops into Haiti before life saving aid. I attack them for sending $7million a day into Israel in order to ethnically cleanse Palestinians, including the slaughter of innocent children. I witnessed their handy work in Gaza where US built F16's dropped bombs 1 km from the Sports Club I was in, killing people in the process. I seen the construction of the 30 metre underground wall they are building along the Egyptian border to cut off the supply of food into Gaza. A wall they couldn't build in New Orleans. I was attacked by Egyptian forces who are paid for by the US Govt. to the tune of nearly $2billion per year. I seen their work in Chile, Bolivia, Argentina, etc, etc, where they propped up one ruthless dictator after another. Plus, last March, I surveyed the damage that their bombs and bullets did in pulverising Gaza, and killing 1,400 people in 3 weeks.

These are just some of the examples of what I have personally witnessed, and that is before I elaborate on Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc, etc.

So, if by critising US foreign policy for their total disregard for human rights and humanity happens to piss off a few people on this board, well, I couldn't care less.

next stop, September 10, for number 4......