The Good American in Haiti

Started by magickingdom, January 25, 2010, 07:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: stew on January 25, 2010, 10:43:16 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on January 25, 2010, 09:43:11 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 25, 2010, 09:34:16 PM
I am not disagreeing, I just think France were more culpable.

It's form for France too. There are a few Countries (including this one) picking up the pieces after them in Africa too.

Aye, America is an awful country altogether, I am sure that the big men on here that bash it at every opportunity would never visit it or if they did I am sure they would sit in a bar and hold court, letting the big, bad yanks know exactly what they think of their country/government.

The hypocrisy on this board is unbelievable at times.
:D

What's wrong with criticising America?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Tyrones own

What's wrong with praising it for the good it does?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ardmhachaabu

TO, I guess nothing, it would actually involve the US doing something good before they could be praised for it though
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 25, 2010, 10:45:40 PM

It's form for France too. There are a few Countries (including this one) picking up the pieces after them in Africa too.

Aye, America is an awful country altogether, I am sure that the big men on here that bash it at every opportunity would never visit it or if they did I am sure they would sit in a bar and hold court, letting the big, bad yanks know exactly what they think of their country/government.

Nothing, it's when you get people who never give America credit for anything that gets on my goat, I find America to be a very giving nation, also one that has made very bad decisions foreign policy wise. When it comes to the yanks some people just pile on and never say anything constructive.

I know plenty of servicemen from the city I live in, they and their families are the salt of the earth, Bush has a lot to answer for however with everything that is going on the the Arab world few criticise them and of course the baddie in that region is Israel, America's ally.

Israel have done a lot wrong as well, a lot of countries have, China for example has trampled all over peoples lives, killing children to control population and has had  many human rights violations, they dont get a lot of bad publicity on here, why?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: stew on January 25, 2010, 10:58:58 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 25, 2010, 10:45:40 PM

Nothing, it's when you get people who never give America credit for anything that gets on my goat, I find America to be a very giving nation, also one that has made very bad decisions foreign policy wise. When it comes to the yanks some people just pile on and never say anything constructive.

I know plenty of servicemen from the city I live in, they and their families are the salt of the earth, Bush has a lot to answer for however with everything that is going on the the Arab world few criticise them and of course the baddie in that region is Israel, America's ally.

Israel have done a lot wrong as well, a lot of countries have, China for example has trampled all over peoples lives, killing children to control population and has had  many human rights violations, they dont get a lot of bad publicity on here, why?
They do a great feed after the pub.

stew

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 25, 2010, 10:58:47 PM
TO, I guess nothing, it would actually involve the US doing something good before they could be praised for it though

See this is the kind of idiotic comment I am talking about. The yanks are a very generous people and Haiti is a prime example of that. Enough said.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: stew on January 25, 2010, 11:04:47 PM

See this is the kind of idiotic comment I am talking about. The yanks are a very generous people and Haiti is a prime example of that. Enough said.
Very touchy stew.  I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours, you seem to think America can do no wrong and is above criticism, welcome to the real world.

I will assess what the US have actually done in Haiti after they have left, thanks.

give her dixie

Can you give any good examples of the good work the US have done in Haiti?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Puckoon

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 25, 2010, 11:09:55 PM

Very touchy stew.  I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours, you seem to think America can do no wrong and is above criticism, welcome to the real world.

I will assess what the US have actually done in Haiti after they have left, thanks.

You are entitled to your point - yet you are sitting on your hole here - what are you doing on a humanitarian basis for Haiti? Have you given? Have you helped?

There are people from all nations (America included) working their asses off to help those in need. There are those who cannot physically be there, who are giving money that they may not be able to afford to help the relief effort in Haiti.

What you are doing is using Haiti as a stick to beat the USA with, and for that - you should be ashamed.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Puckoon on January 25, 2010, 11:15:28 PM

You are entitled to your point - yet you are sitting on your hole here - what are you doing on a humanitarian basis for Haiti? Have you given? Have you helped?

There are people from all nations (America included) working their asses off to help those in need. There are those who cannot physically be there, who are giving money that they may not be able to afford to help the relief effort in Haiti.

What you are doing is using Haiti as a stick to beat the USA with, and for that - you should be ashamed.
Catch yourself on puck

Puckoon

stew

Eh are you having a bad reading day? show me were I state America can do no wrong and is above criticism??? you cant. Welcome to the real world? I am not the one that is deluded you are, you cant even read that I have criticised America.

By the way, I am not very touchy, I just think that there are people on this site that blame the yanks for everything, give them credit for nothing yet love to go to vegas and new york and dont have the balls to spout the shite about America in America.

As for the other clampett who asked me what exactly has America done, it has sent aid, lots of aid, personnel and has promised a lot more aid to help the haitians recover from this disaster.

ardmhachaabu

This is an internet discussion board, we are discussing the US, not my input or yours.  I am not questioning what you are doing, you have no right to question what I am doing

Puckoon

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 25, 2010, 11:24:07 PM
This is an internet discussion board, we are discussing the US, not my input or yours.  I am not questioning what you are doing, you have no right to question what I am doing

You are making a blanket statement that the US is doing nothing of good in Haiti, right?

give her dixie

For nearly 2 weeks now the US have done nothing but put troops on the ground. Occupation all over again.
16,000 at the last count, while doctors perform amputations without even painkillers.
Millions of people have been starving, and left homeless, and the US send in their killing machines.

They have tied up the airport, while thousands of tonnes of aid doesn't get delivered.
A French plane carrying a mobile hospital gets refused for 3 DAYS to land, so Uncle Sam can get more troops on the ground.

This is New Orleans all over again. Starve the people for days, then they loot for food, and then Uncle Sam tells us they can't deliver food because of "Security Concerns".
Even John O' Shea buys into their propaganda, and refuses to deliver Irish Aid. All he wants is cash, and plenty of it. Shame on him big time for his stance on this one. This is him on Al Jazeera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X0-3FQqN3c

Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia, France, Turkey, etc, etc, have all been on the ground working from the start and we don't hear a word about their work.

The US should hang their heads in shame for their role in Haiti right now, and for their continued illegal interference over the years there.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......