Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on January 09, 2017, 01:06:33 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 08, 2017, 02:52:47 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on January 08, 2017, 02:47:08 PM
HT
Meath 1-13
Wicklow 0-02
Pile in at 66/1 on Meath for Sam . That price will be impossible to find tomorrow
http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-football/all-ireland-sfc

Just for anyone unfamiliar with betting and odds, here's the way that works.
If for example, you put €20 on at 66-1, then you lose €20.

That's not exactly the way it works. Usually the 66/1 goes out to 80/1 after you place your bet. You can't believe the odds are getting even better and you put on another €20 and now you lose €40.

Shamrock Shore

Looking at Kildare on Sat I can confidently say that they seem to have peaked for 2017.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 09, 2017, 03:02:27 PM
Looking at Kildare on Sat I can confidently say that they seem to have peaked for 2017.

IT Carlow are lurking in the long grass planning their ambush.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 09, 2017, 05:21:02 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 09, 2017, 03:02:27 PM

IT Carlow are lurking in the long grass planning their ambush.

Hate them since they were an RTC!! We fu*kin owe them!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

thejuice

15 changes on the Meath team from Sunday's win over Wicklow. Andy really taking a look at what's available. I don't think this is anywhere near our strongest team and it might cost us the win but we'll see. According to some accounts Andy had the lads training 6 nights a week in the run up the O'Byrne Cup.

It was interesting to hear what he had to say about Shane O'Rourke that he simply wouldn't be able for the intensity of training that they were doing so he left him off the squad despite Shane's impressive performances for Simonstown. I guess they've taken things up a level.I just hope they'll be right come June and not worn out.

Meath (O'Byrne Cup v DIT) - 

Robbie Burlingham

Alan Douglas, David McQuillan, Thomas McGovern,
Declan Smyth, Willie Carry, Alan Forde,

Brian Power,  James Toher,

Stuart Lowndes, Bobby O'Brien, Ruairí Ó Coileáin,
Dan Queeney, Sean Tobin, Donal Lenihen.

Subs -
Joe Sheridan
Patrick Brady
David Toner
Kieran Lynch
Adam Flanagan
Padraic Harnan
Ben Brennan
David Larkin
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

This is a very cavalier attitude to a vital test against our bogey team.

moysider

Quote from: thejuice on January 10, 2017, 10:41:29 PM
15 changes on the Meath team from Sunday's win over Wicklow. Andy really taking a look at what's available. I don't think this is anywhere near our strongest team and it might cost us the win but we'll see. According to some accounts Andy had the lads training 6 nights a week in the run up the O'Byrne Cup.

It was interesting to hear what he had to say about Shane O'Rourke that he simply wouldn't be able for the intensity of training that they were doing so he left him off the squad despite Shane's impressive performances for Simonstown. I guess they've taken things up a level.I just hope they'll be right come June and not worn out.

Meath (O'Byrne Cup v DIT) - 

Robbie Burlingham

Alan Douglas, David McQuillan, Thomas McGovern,
Declan Smyth, Willie Carry, Alan Forde,

Brian Power,  James Toher,

Stuart Lowndes, Bobby O'Brien, Ruairí Ó Coileáin,
Dan Queeney, Sean Tobin, Donal Lenihen.

Subs -
Joe Sheridan
Patrick Brady
David Toner
Kieran Lynch
Adam Flanagan
Padraic Harnan
Ben Brennan
David Larkin

Have to say that is the first time ever I don't know any Meath footballer! Once I'd be able to pick the f**king team myself and Boylan could have concentrated on picking herbs and 'schrooms and stuff. Could ye not have put that fella in there that looks like he has birds' nests in his hair and beards, for a bit of familiarity. Micky Burke would have given me something I could have got continuity from.

Jinxy

I'd agree 100% with Andy here and it's really encouraging that he (no doubt with Gerry giving him his opinion) recognises this.
It's the best thing for Shane, the best thing for Simonstown and the best thing for the county team.
The lad has had such a bad time with injuries that it's a massive win if he gets to play another few years for the club and live his life without having to constantly worry about injuries & surgery.
Let him play away with the club and enjoy himself.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shamrock Shore

Big Joe will surely get a run out. Unlimited subs I believe.

Sadly I won't get to the banks of the Shannon in Longford this eve to see the clash with Offaly.
I hear it's a sell out.

Grass may be too wet for this sort of craic by the Offaly travelling supporters.

Jinxy

Those were the days.
And not a single person with a phone in their hand.

Dinny Breen

Donal Lenihen - certainly something different for Meath. A good rugby player back in the day and I would have thought a bit old for Inter-County football but what would I know. Andy is certainly looking at all options..
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Quote from: moysider on January 11, 2017, 12:44:06 AM

Have to say that is the first time ever I don't know any Meath footballer! Once I'd be able to pick the f**king team myself and Boylan could have concentrated on picking herbs and 'schrooms and stuff. Could ye not have put that fella in there that looks like he has birds' nests in his hair and beards, for a bit of familiarity. Micky Burke would have given me something I could have got continuity from.

Unfortunately, Mickey is in hospital with spinach poisoning.

thejuice

I'm pretty sure that these lads played senior county football in the last few years though for most it was only O'Byrne and the league. Tobin, Forde and Lenihen have played in the championship.

Alan Douglas, 
Alan Forde,
Brian Power, 
James Toher,
Bobby O'Brien,
Ruarí Ó Coileáin,
Dan Queeney,
Sean Tobin,
Donal Lenihen.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

David Toner is on for Thomas McGovern at corner back as Thomas has taken the surprising move of playing for the opposition.

thejuice

Latest after 20 mins

Wexford 0-0 DCU 0-0,
Kildare 1-5 IT Carlow 0-0,
Longford 0-1 Offaly 0-3,
Meath 0-5 DIT 0-4,
Wicklow 0-0 Laois 0-1,
Louth 0-1 NUI Maynooth 0-0,
Carlow 0-3 Westmeath 1-2,