Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification

Started by BennyCake, September 09, 2014, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Can a ref send off an umpire if he doesn't wave the flag for a score?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

screenexile

Ref kept blowing the whistle when there was a clean catch from a kickout which made our lads stop.

Then when they didn't raise their hand he blew them for overcarrying FFS!!!

I presume that isn't the way it supposed to be he should only blow if the player raises their hand??!!

Smokin Joe

The ref blows when there is a clean catch which is eligible for mark.  The player can either play through it or take the "free kick" by raising his hand.

screenexile

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 27, 2020, 11:29:15 PM
The ref blows when there is a clean catch which is eligible for mark.  The player can either play through it or take the "free kick" by raising his hand.

Jesus you're right I just checked it out... This is our 3rd match in the last week and no ref had done it like this previously which is why the confusion!!

Will know for again hopefully!

Norf Tyrone

If you take a catch inside the small square you can still call a mark can't you? The only thing is you must come to the 13m line to hit it.

Is that correct?

We were told yesterday there was no mark inside the small square which I think is incorrect but not 100%. New rules are a lot for refs to absorb!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 28, 2020, 01:43:26 AM
If you take a catch inside the small square you can still call a mark can't you? The only thing is you must come to the 13m line to hit it.

Is that correct?

We were told yesterday there was no mark inside the small square which I think is incorrect but not 100%. New rules are a lot for refs to absorb!

Correct

Taylor

Is that correct?

Any man that catches a ball in the small square and doesnt have a rattle at the goal should be standing beside me on the line

BennyCake

Quote from: Taylor on July 28, 2020, 08:00:27 AM

Is that correct?

Any man that catches a ball in the small square and doesnt have a rattle at the goal should be standing beside me on the line

Was thinking that myself!

Milltown Row2

Well if the full back or keeper catches the ball in the small square he should call a mark, and not have a rattle!

I blow for every clean catch, up to the player to make the signal for the mark, if he doesn't, play on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Is that correct?

Unless you're 3 points up with a minute to go of course.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rossfan on July 28, 2020, 11:02:48 AM

Is that correct?

Unless you're 3 points up with a minute to go of course.

Or you catch it falling forward and end up on the ground with the full back standing over you.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Baile Brigín 2

Thimas Davis had a goal ruled out because the scorer had lost his gumshield.

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/thomas-davis-goal-disallowed-gumshield-skerries-harps-442903

I think the ref got that stunningly wrong

Milltown Row2

Did the ref blow before he took shot?

It's a very grey area on the rules. I personally don't enforce it unless it's blatantly obvious, like when they start slabbering  ;D

Seen a few debates on this and most sided with the ref
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2020, 09:26:17 AM

It's a very grey area on the rules. I personally don't enforce it unless it's blatantly obvious, like when they start slabbering  ;D

No. He spotted the lack of gumshield when tbe lad ran back past him.

The rules clearly say you caution a non complaint player

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 09, 2020, 12:23:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2020, 09:26:17 AM

No. He spotted the lack of gumshield when tbe lad ran back past him.

The rules clearly say you caution a non complaint player

Had he been asked previously to put in gum shield? On that footage there doesn't seem to be much complaints, he's running over to sideline to put in the gun shield he should have had in from start!

Either way it's might cost them against Ballymun in the next match, he'll be wearing one then I'd hope