Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Rois

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 18, 2020, 04:46:11 PM
What if there are unanswered questions there could be answers to though? Seems a lot of momentum on this now with the media on it too so I doubt it has gone away. Very sad case.
I'd previously thought that the unanswered questions were there because the family didn't want more info out there on circumstances. But when I saw his aunt post on social media last weekend looking for more footage, and then hearing they had engaged with Rels for Justice/KRW, that changes things.

imtommygunn

Exactly Rois. The whole thing isn't good.

imtommygunn

Crossmaglen getting beaten, well it's not full time yet, by 23 points :o

Captain Obvious

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 24, 2020, 09:20:28 PM
Crossmaglen getting beaten, well it’s not full time yet, by 23 points :o

Eye catching result alright.

illdecide

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 24, 2020, 09:39:24 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 24, 2020, 09:20:28 PM
Crossmaglen getting beaten, well it's not full time yet, by 23 points :o

Eye catching result alright.

Hardly a WTF moment...we all know Cross are struggling with injuries and with a full team it would be a different result. Yes bit of a shock scoreline to be fair but hardly a WTF
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

michaelg

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 18, 2020, 06:30:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 18, 2020, 05:44:18 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 18, 2020, 05:06:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 18, 2020, 04:57:16 PM
What if the post mortem revealed that he died of drowning and his time of death was dated the Sunday he went missing?

So if there was a cover up would the pathologist be involved also?

Maybe there is a level of incompetence going on and people, family included, think that they deserve better?

All I'm saying is i don't know what happened but I refuse to jump on the Social bandwagon, if a report shows that the cops were hiding something or helped in covering up something then yes they should be pulled.

You can only really go on witnesses reports, they have constantly been on radio this week been asking for dashcam coverage or other footage that the public may have,!

I'm sure 100% they have checked all business cameras in the area also. Christ they even checked cameras for a stolen wheelie bin of ours in Waring street!

This is a tragic case of either misadventure or suicide, I hope to god it isnt a murder case.

I wouldn't be one for jumping on the social bandwagon either. The police aren't looking good in this.
What have the police done wrong?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: michaelg on July 24, 2020, 10:44:48 PM
What if the post mortem revealed that he died of drowning and his time of death was dated the Sunday he went missing?

Maybe there is a level of incompetence going on and people, family included, think that they deserve better?

All I'm saying is i don't know what happened but I refuse to jump on the Social bandwagon, if a report shows that the cops were hiding something or helped in covering up something then yes they should be pulled.

You can only really go on witnesses reports, they have constantly been on radio this week been asking for dashcam coverage or other footage that the public may have,!

I'm sure 100% they have checked all business cameras in the area also. Christ they even checked cameras for a stolen wheelie bin of ours in Waring street!

This is a tragic case of either misadventure or suicide, I hope to god it isnt a murder case.

I wouldn't be one for jumping on the social bandwagon either. The police aren't looking good in this.

Serious amount of questions being asked about a gang that have been attacking young lads in the area and what seems to have been a possible cover up at a time of high tension. That's the feeling among a lot of people

michaelg

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 24, 2020, 10:53:31 PM
Quote from: michaelg on July 24, 2020, 10:44:48 PM

Serious amount of questions being asked about a gang that have been attacking young lads in the area and what seems to have been a possible cover up at a time of high tension. That's the feeling among a lot of people
Surely a cover up would only be possible if recorded reports of an attack or altercation had been made? Have any such reports been made to the police or media?

Milltown Row2

I'd love nothing more for this family to get closure on this horrible tragic event.

But a gang of lads that were beating people up, stealing phones, bikes previously seems a bit far fetched in covering up their actions?

Why would cops do that? I'm struggling to see the cover up.

I can envisage a lad being chased and finding somewhere to hide (storm drain) but I can also see troubled teenagers dealing with issues and unfortunately taking the wrong option.

I really hope there was no foul play as the can of worms that opens up would be hard to take.

BC1, has there been other evidence left out of the media? 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2020, 11:37:11 PM
I'd love nothing more for this family to get closure on this horrible tragic event.

But a gang of lads that were beating people up, stealing phones, bikes previously seems a bit far fetched in covering up their actions?

I can envisage a lad being chased and finding somewhere to hide (storm drain) but I can also see troubled teenagers dealing with issues and unfortunately taking the wrong option.

I really hope there was no foul play as the can of worms that opens up would be hard to take.

I don't know personally. I know questions are being asked. There was a young lad attacked the previous week on the limestone road by a gang from the Tigers Bay Area and this wasn't the first of these attacks. Maybe the family are just looking closure so I hope there is nothing untoward and that it was simply a series of unusual events. All I know is that questions have been raised about the quality of the police investigation

michaelg

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 25, 2020, 12:03:07 AM

I don't know personally. I know questions are being asked. There was a young lad attacked the previous week on the limestone road by a gang from the Tigers Bay Area and this wasn't the first of these attacks. Maybe the family are just looking closure so I hope there is nothing untoward and that it was simply a series of unusual events. All I know is that questions have been raised about the quality of the police investigation
The Coroner would suggest otherwise.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53519005

ONeill

WTF. You've learnt nothing?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on July 25, 2020, 01:28:06 AM

WTF. You've learnt nothing?

It's not the troubles, covering up a bunch of kids that may have carried out a botched attack/robbery seems a bit strange...

I doubt (could be completely wrong of course) this was a cover up to protect hooligans from tigers bay, if that's the case.

Investigation may have been poorly done but the efforts of the search and rescue teams, who usually go about their job very professionally, probably missed an opportunity of searching that storm drain fully.

The coroners report would also need to be fabricated too I'd assume?

I'm not involved in the investigation or know anything other than what was reported at the time, nor would I listen to Karen from Facebook. The continued social media drive on this case is worrying

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

What's really Wtf is the young fella it was initially thought fell of his bike banged his head and that's why he was naked due to disorientation, now the coroner has said he had no head injury, so instead he just cycled about naked throwing his clothes laptop and stuff away. I can understand why questios are being asked