Good Restaurants

Started by Radda bout yeee, July 05, 2011, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: clubland on September 05, 2011, 09:57:05 PM
Tony baloney what would be your choice of restaurant,ps your better going to the bogs in biddy duffys before you go in
Fat Sams, Armagh.

Candyman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 05, 2011, 10:26:07 PM
Quote from: clubland on September 05, 2011, 09:57:05 PM
Tony baloney what would be your choice of restaurant,ps your better going to the bogs in biddy duffys before you go in
Fat Sams, Armagh.

Gone to the absolute Dogs.... (and i'm by far a picky whore)

thebigfella

Quote from: clubland on September 05, 2011, 08:50:58 PM
The bigfella you are clearly a vegetarian,or a chef in a rival restaurant in that area,how is business in the gables these days?

Best eating in the North? Seriously? Name me 5 other top class restaurants in the north you have been to that you can compare against?

Do you go there every week at the same time and order the same thing on the menu? Are you the sort of sad predictable person the staff know the order before you even open you mouth.

tbrick18

Quote from: thebigfella on September 05, 2011, 07:04:51 PM
Quote from: clubland on September 05, 2011, 06:51:12 PM
Viscount dungannon,best eating house in the wee six
::) ::) ::)

Overpriced muck for people who know nothing about food and full of snobs. Probably one of the most underwhelming places I've ever ate in and most deffinately still living off it's reputation 15 years ago when there was no real competition to compare it against.

+1

Deli on the Green best in Dungannon, Green's winebar not bad either.
Bank house very good and I hear the golf club is deadly but never been.
There's an australian restaurant in Armagh called urulu which is excellent.
The Ryandale in the Moy does a good Sunday carvery too, though I'm told it's hit and miss, it's always been a hit any time I was there.

Best I've been to in a long time though is in Draperstown....I kid you not. It's called Apparro, but you need to book well in advance to get in.

screenexile

Depends what you are looking for.

Best restaurant I've eaten in for some time is The Potted Hen in Belfast. The first time I've actually raved about a restaurant.

Around Mid Ulster for decent reasonably priced food you're talking the Otter Lodge in Cookstown or Sizzlers in Magherafelt.

For somewhere a bit more upmarket Yoko has a great reputaion up in Coleraine, Apparo (If you're that way inclined I'm not their biggest fan it's pricey and takes a long time) and probably Gardiners in Magherafelt which is also a little pricey.

tyrone girl

Viscounts is just ok. Nothing wrong with it but wouldnt rave about it either. Overpriced for what you get in my opinion.
Sizzlers is Magherafelt is nice. Also have to mention me old faithful The Tilley Lamp in ardboe. Class feeding.

sheamy

If you like Chinese, the Water Margin in Coleraine is the best in the land

clubland

1. The ramore portrush 2. 55 Degrees North portrush 3. The exchange Derry 4.  2 Taps Wine Bar Belfast 5. Sizzlers magherafelt. Put a fiver of red in your 406 estate the big fella,throw out the the sheep dog,treat the woman in one of these fine spots!

screenexile

Quote from: clubland on September 07, 2011, 10:36:34 PM
1. The ramore portrush 2. 55 Degrees North portrush 3. The exchange Derry 4.  2 Taps Wine Bar Belfast 5. Sizzlers magherafelt. Put a fiver of red in your 406 estate the big fella,throw out the the sheep dog,treat the woman in one of these fine spots!

How could I forget about the Ramore and the Exchange?? It's too longsince I've eaten in either I'd say . . . Good shout!!!!

paco

What would be the best Italian restaurant around the Belfast area? Any other recommendations in Belfast for something a bit different?

screenexile

Quote from: paco on December 08, 2011, 11:29:51 AM
What would be the best Italian restaurant around the Belfast area? Any other recommendations in Belfast for something a bit different?

There are 3 that are owned by the same crowd (I think). Scalini's on Botanic, Speranza in Shaftesbury Square and Villa Italia on University Street. They're all much of a muchness and very close together. Personally I like Villa Italia.

Olly

Villa Italia is an exceptional restaurant. They serve food from all over the world but especially Italy. The waiters dress smartly and the waitresses are careful with plates.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Smokin Joe

Myself and herself are going to Dublin next weekend.

I haven't spent a lot of time in Dublin so any recommendations for somewhere to eat would be great.

gerrykeegan

Fade Street is excellent but you might struggle to get seats.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

gallsman

Depends on what you're after and how much the budget is.

Green 19, Coppinger Row and One Pico would be three of my favourites. You can get a great early bird deal in the latter two I think. On the other side of the river, the Winding Stair is bloody fantastic, gives you a big massive feed and again has a cracking early bird.