Good Restaurants

Started by Radda bout yeee, July 05, 2011, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

There should be a thread for this but I can't find it. Anyway!
Can anyone give me the name of a good restaurant in longford/granard or cavan? Don't know that area at all!

Hardy

Why would you pass Cavan?

Billys Boots

Do Caslins still serve, ahem, food?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Jazes - surely Caslins is long gone.

Forget Granard. Know nawtin about Cavan. Phat Phuc (  :D ) looks the business though.

Longford used to have Luigis (maybe it's still there, I dunno) - a fight on a Sat night came free with the battered cod and chips.

I honestly cannot recommend a restaurant in Longford town. Most Longfordians I know, if they want to push the boat out a little, go to the Wineport in Glasson (near Athlone).

I'd say the best bet in Longford town is The Aubergine. Depends on whether you want a fight or not.

Billys Boots

I had a bitagrub in some place on Ballymahon St. a few years ago and it wasn't bad.  Sure there's a McDonalds beside Pearse Park; they might even get in some mushy peas if they heard there was a few coming from Tyrone. 

Radda bout yeee

Doesn't sound good for the area - think i'll wait til i get back to Tyrone and stick to the good food I know! Might be a bit late though!!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 05, 2011, 11:56:28 AM
I honestly cannot recommend a restaurant in Longford town. Most Longfordians I know, if they want to push the boat out a little, go to the Wineport in Glasson (near Athlone).

The Wineport is ok but way overpriced, trading on its tv outings on The Restaurant. Better restaurants in my book in/around Athlone.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Denn Forever

Caseys Steak House in Ballinagh?  Is it still going?

Little Sicily in middle of Cavan Town.  Generic Italian Food but good.

KFC on Dublin Road which was recommended/metioned by Jinxy in a previous Thread.

Where in Longford is Ballymahon Street.  The Black Olive. http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g315879-d795324-Reviews-Black_olive-Longford_County_Longford.html
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 05, 2011, 11:07:04 AM
There should be a thread for this but I can't find it. Anyway!
Can anyone give me the name of a good restaurant in longford/granard or cavan? Don't know that area at all!
http://www.findarestaurant.ie/Restaurants_In_Cavan.htm

McNeans in blacklion is great.
however you have to book a couple of months in advance.
Sunday lunch best value and fantastic.

the pikers pub in Gowna serves great food, the sunday carvery wonderful.

a pub in cavan town called the black horse I think it is, across from the new Dunnes stores on the main shopping st - food was exceptional one saturday a few months back when we were in.

Theres a place near butlersbridge called the 'olde post inn' which had a great reputation years ago...hear its still good but have not been to it yet.

dont think theres feck all in Longford foodwise- a couple of good bars though.

Billys Boots

QuoteWhere in Longford is Ballymahon Street.  The Black Olive.

That sounds familiar alright.  Have you heard of Google maps - will tell you a lot better than me.  :P

attheraces

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in portadown/lurgan/moira area for a good Sunday carvery?
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

sammymaguire

Quote from: attheraces on September 04, 2011, 11:05:59 AM
Can anyone recommend a restaurant in portadown/lurgan/moira area for a good Sunday carvery?

Silverbridge Restaurant
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Armaghgael

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 04, 2011, 01:22:49 PM

Silverbridge Restaurant

Stonebridge
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Tyrones own

The Corner House, Craigavon.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

under the bar

The Tannery in Moira is deadly.   It's actually in Glenavy but they advertise it as Moira for some reason!