TV3 ANNOUNCES GAA LINE UP FOR THE 2008 CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON

Started by brokencrossbar1, May 15, 2008, 02:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Not sure how Peter the Great will come across. Not the most interesting of people to listen to when on TV.
Testing Accessibility

agorm

I welcome TV3's lineup.

Having bemoaned their lack of coverage of gaelic games in their sports buletins in the past it would be disingenous to complain too much.

In fairness to them what do you expect as a first season? Matt Cooper has experience as an anchor and they have done a good job in getting a good range of panellists. Also, after all the years head start that RTE have many of their commentators cannot be held up as examples of excelllence.

I hope that the venture is a Big success for them as that can only be good for us - the supporters.

Mentalman

Just waiting for the curse of TV3 to strike the Dubs now, as it seems apparent from the schedule it's the Leinster champo they are concentrating on. Then again could the Leinster championships get any worse....
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

thebandit

Mano

Quote from: ludermor on May 15, 2008, 03:31:49 PM
Sweet mother of divine Jesus, David f**king Brady!

I didn't know he had retired again from inter-county football ;)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ludermor on May 15, 2008, 03:31:49 PM
Sweet mother of divine Jesus, David f**king Brady!

:D :D :D good man ludermor i'd say you spoke for the country there ;) 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Feckitt on May 15, 2008, 04:54:55 PM
I always thought that Canavan is quite a boring interviewee, but will look forward to hearing Liam Hayes and in particular Big Joe.  Big Joe might just be what GAA analysis needs.  Straight talking and honest, I think he can separate the sheep from the goats!

You see Feckitt, this is the thing. The quality of the analysts isn't in question. It's the quality of the host that's problematic.

Agorm mentions Cooper's experience as an anchor, but this is what I'd hold against him. Cooper's done it alright, but he hasn't done it well. He was shockingly rude to Jim Glennon during the Rugby World Cup, and when Ray Silke tried to make the point that maybe the GAA would be better off using Croke Park for their own games alone on Cooper's radio show last year, Matt had a lot of trouble dealing with a notion that strayed so far from the Party Line.

The most frustrating thing is that all these fellas have had the example of the best ever anchor of a TV sports discussion in Bill O'Herlihy for over twenty years, and they seem to have learned nothing. Michael Lyster is a very moot case in point. Still, we hope for the best - what else can we do?

turk

Cooper is dung. I never liked him.

ALways answering his own questions!

thebandit

I think that Cooper being an 'outsider' as such might not be a bad thing, it will mean a slightly different approach for one thing, which might facilitate meaningful discussion.

ziggysego

The BBC have revealed that Joe Kernan is part of the BBC Championship team.

How can he be with the BBC and TV3? What gives?
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Gravy train, obviously no exclusivity on his contracts and as TV3 are mostly doing back door games and BBC are showing most of Ulster Championship there will be no conflict of interest really.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Hardy

If there's a pickle around, Joe won't be in it. It'll be in Joe.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Quote from: orangeman on May 15, 2008, 04:05:38 PM
Not a bad line up - there are no other recent big name stars in the West apart from Brady !!!  ;) ;) ;D

Maughtan must have retired from sticking his mug in front of every TV camera and/or microphone to appear in Connacht.  ;) :D ;D :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM