How Donal Óg cheated against Tipp in 2005!

Started by Premier Emperor, October 23, 2009, 11:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 29, 2009, 04:22:28 PM
Well from my reading of it I'd class it as cheating. If your belief system makes you think that just because there isn't a specific rule outlawing something then its fine I'd have to say I disagree. He knew well it was cheating and got a kick out of it. Writing "Tipp" on the ball - shows the respect he has for his fellow competitors. GPA my hole.

Oh grow up there isn't a keeper out there, a good one at that, that includes Brendan Cummins, all of them, who hasn't a some stage taken advantage of that rule.
More then that there isn't a team out there that doesn't push a rule to it's limits, especially if it's vague, yet none of that is called cheating.
Donal Og did nothing wrong.
I mean get off your ridiculously high horse.
You're either cluless like Heffo or you're that bitter. Either one really. Neither makes you look better then the other.

I suppose going by your "belief system" you surely don't agree with what Kilkenny do. You muse despise Kilkenny's game as well, and how they have no respect for their fellow competitors.

Please like I said, are you that naive or that bitter?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Reillers on October 29, 2009, 04:29:33 PM
Well from my reading of it I'd class it as cheating. If your belief system makes you think that just because there isn't a specific rule outlawing something then its fine I'd have to say I disagree. He knew well it was cheating and got a kick out of it. Writing "Tipp" on the ball - shows the respect he has for his fellow competitors. GPA my hole.

Oh grow up there isn't a keeper out there, a good one at that, that includes Brendan Cummins, all of them, who hasn't a some stage taken advantage of that rule.
More then that there isn't a team out there that doesn't push a rule to it's limits, especially if it's vague, yet none of that is called cheating.
You're either cluless like Heffo or you're that bitter. Either one really. Neither makes you look better then the other.

I suppose going by your "belief system" you surely don't agree with what Kilkenny do. You muse despise Kilkenny's game as well, and how they have no respect for their fellow competitors.

I don't recall many of them writing a book saying how it gave them a great kick afterwards.

You'll defend Donal Óg to the grave, as you're entitled to, but you could have a bit more manners and not resort to insulting everyone who disagrees with you.

Reillers

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 29, 2009, 05:20:48 PM

I don't recall many of them writing a book saying how it gave them a great kick afterwards.

You'll defend Donal Óg to the grave, as you're entitled to, but you could have a bit more manners and not resort to insulting everyone who disagrees with you.

Calling you naive or bitter is an insult?
More like a statement to me. Can't see how you'd look at it either way.
Anyway, just because he wrote it down means he's wrong, but the rest aren't.

Like I said, either bitter or naive. It's leaning more and more towards biterness.
And as it's said before, which is more acceptable. Switching a ball that has little impact on the game, or messing about with helmets. Well you answer me? Which do you think is worse exactly? 
Because I'm pretty sure what the right answer is here, and the one you'll give.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Reillers on October 29, 2009, 05:32:21 PM

Like I said, either bitter or naive. It's leaning more and more towards biterness.
And as it's said before, which is more acceptable. Switching a ball that has little impact on the game, or messing about with helmets. Well you answer me? Which do you think is worse exactly? 

Don't forget clueless and me being on a "ridiculously high horse" - netiher of which are terms of endearment where I come from. Did you forget you posted them or deliberately omit them to try and win/score a point in an argument?

Some of the rest you completely made up. No-one said its ok for others to do it and not for Donal Óg to do so. no-one except you inventing something to defend your indefensible position with whataboutery. In another piece of whataboutery we have the helmet question. Again no-one condones it either but its totally off the point. For the record in my book the helmet thing is probably worse as it has the potential to cause injury. And if switching the ball has "little impact on the game" then why do it and why get such a kick out of it afterwards?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on October 29, 2009, 03:56:49 PM
Quote from: maxpower on October 29, 2009, 11:26:15 AM
Changing balls for a peno or free happens all across the Country, and to be honest i've no big gripe with it, at the end of it all the team changing the ball are supposed to be having an advantage.  using a dud ball is a different matter

And it wasn't a dud, ya that was my word

Why did you use that word so - was it a lie or a 'Reillers flip-flop'?

heffo

You're either cluless like Heffo

That's it Reillers, I'm telling Bobby about you.

Reillers

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 29, 2009, 05:54:00 PM
Quote from: Reillers on October 29, 2009, 05:32:21 PM

Don't forget clueless and me being on a "ridiculously high horse" - netiher of which are terms of endearment where I come from. Did you forget you posted them or deliberately omit them to try and win/score a point in an argument?

Some of the rest you completely made up. No-one said its ok for others to do it and not for Donal Óg to do so. no-one except you inventing something to defend your indefensible position with whataboutery. In another piece of whataboutery we have the helmet question. Again no-one condones it either but its totally off the point. For the record in my book the helmet thing is probably worse as it has the potential to cause injury. And if switching the ball has "little impact on the game" then why do it and why get such a kick out of it afterwards?

I didn't leave out what you consider insults (very sensitive soul you are if you think that that's an insult) I just highlighted the ones I thought you meant. Saying that you were on a high horse isn't really an insult now is it.
And again, I never said that you said it was ok for others to do it.
I was just questioning, I even asked you, something which you ignored. What you thought of Kilkenny's tactics, I said you really must have a very low opinion of them if you have a low opinion of Donal Og for switching a sliotar.

When he switched the sliotar to the slighty soft one, I said it clearly didn't make that much of a difference, meaning that there wasn't much wrong with it, if Cork were able to go up the pitch and score a point with the same one.
Wouldn't you think the same?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on October 29, 2009, 06:45:48 PM

You're either cluless like Heffo

That's it Reillers, I'm telling Bobby about you.

;D ;D ;D ;D Like you even know who he is, going by what you've been saying lately..

Still going on your old tactics, sure like, I suppose that's what happens when you're bored on midterm. Don't worry sure, you'll be back in school on Monday.  ;) ;)

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on October 29, 2009, 06:45:01 PM
Changing balls for a peno or free happens all across the Country, and to be honest i've no big gripe with it, at the end of it all the team changing the ball are supposed to be having an advantage.  using a dud ball is a different matter

Because I felt like using it at the time. FFS. It has similar meaning, but you'd say anything to take the attention off your clueless (literally) posts that have shown up your lack of knowledge of the game.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on October 29, 2009, 11:29:32 PM
Quote from: heffo on October 29, 2009, 06:45:01 PM

Because I felt like using it at the time. FFS. It has similar meaning, but you'd say anything to take the attention off your clueless (literally) posts that have shown up your lack of knowledge of the game.

So it wasn't a dud, you just 'felt like' referring to it as a dud?

Sure you're not a hurling man at all Reillers - you don't support Cork GAA, you support the professionals and boycott Cork GAA when your heroes are on their annual winter strike.

WRT my 'lack of knowledge', I'll happily sit down with you in Bishopstown GAA club bar (where you'll feel comfortable in your own club) and we can discuss it - get Bobby to act as mediator and we can find out if you're as in articulate in speech as you are with the typed word.