Down v Laois

Started by Trevor Hill, July 05, 2009, 06:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2009, 08:18:36 PM
True, we're not as good as we were a couple of years ago but I'd still like to think we could beat the mighty London!

QuoteAway and watch your one in a a row video....
It's on DVD actually, how are Down's All Ireland's recorded? Black and white photographs?

Heres a couple if you want them Pints...

http://www.dvdsales.ie/shop/1994_all_ireland_football_final_down_v_dublin.417.1.10063.sports.html

http://www.dvdsales.ie/shop/1991_all_ireland_football_final_down_v_meath.417.1.10066.sports.html

I would put up the other ones but I have already surpassed Armaghs totals with TWO links.  :-\

Archie Mitchell

Pints will still find something to complain about, he always does.

5 Sams

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2009, 08:28:30 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 05, 2009, 08:27:18 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2009, 08:18:36 PM
True, we're not as good as we were a couple of years ago but I'd still like to think we could beat the mighty London!

QuoteAway and watch your one in a a row video....
It's on DVD actually, how are Down's All Ireland's recorded? Black and white photographs?

Watch the door doesnt hit you on the arse on the way out :D :D :D

No, we'll hold it open for you. 

Dont get me wrong POG we'll not be far behind yiz but theres no need to come here with your sanctimonious head on when yiz were shown up for the poor team that yiz are yesterday.
The Aristocrat Years

mournerambler

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 05, 2009, 08:19:27 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 05, 2009, 08:15:54 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2009, 07:59:32 PM
This will be some borefest, two of the poorest teams left. 

Oh how the mighty have fallen.... :D

All youse boys have left to do now is to complain about the standard of teams left in a competition that you aren't good enough to be in anymore :D :D

I love it....

The fox has been running for a long time

Away and watch your one in a a row video....

Actually we have new DVD about our encounters with Down since the late 90s. Its entitled "A decade of dominance".  ;)

Think Down might take this one actually. Nothing to suggest Laois have improved since Down beat them last year.

Any team or player with the ambition to dominate would hardly class winning provincial titles 'dominance', winning All-Ireland's is how success is & should be measured!

Trevor Hill

Poor old pog, he has to post on the Down thread, its a pity there are no new Armagh threads for him to post on. Never mind there is always next year. Or in Armaghs case, theres always the scor.

redandblack4ever

No, Armagh didn't get to the finals in Scor either...... ::) ::) ::)
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: mournerambler on July 05, 2009, 09:52:46 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 05, 2009, 08:19:27 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 05, 2009, 08:15:54 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2009, 07:59:32 PM
This will be some borefest, two of the poorest teams left. 

Oh how the mighty have fallen.... :D

All youse boys have left to do now is to complain about the standard of teams left in a competition that you aren't good enough to be in anymore :D :D

I love it....

The fox has been running for a long time

Away and watch your one in a a row video....

Actually we have new DVD about our encounters with Down since the late 90s. Its entitled "A decade of dominance".  ;)

Think Down might take this one actually. Nothing to suggest Laois have improved since Down beat them last year.

Any team or player with the ambition to dominate would hardly class winning provincial titles 'dominance', winning All-Ireland's is how success is & should be measured!

Ach would ya friggin read what I said!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

downgirl

Hey, don't be slagging scór  >:(

Hound

Quote from: Mourne Rover on July 05, 2009, 07:52:58 PM
Venues and times are to be confirmed tomorrow. Down were out of the hat first because they came through the round one qualifiers. Laois were in a different bowl as a beaten provincial semi finalist. It could be a neutral ground, although Down obviously had to go to Portlaoise at the same stage last year.
No, Down were drawn as the home team (coincidentally 7 of the 8 R1 qualfiers got home draws). Unless the GAA decide to do a double bill somewhere, this game will be in Newry.

supersub

Just good to be in the draw and have a chance of progressing further this year - even if things do need shaken up at the end of the season. Not the worst draw in the world as mentioned but still you never know what sort of performance this down team will produce!! Hopefully we will be at home and the lads can take us closer to an AI q/f, which, even if we get beat, will be at least something salvaged from the season!

The Real Laoislad

Two bad teams,could go either way..
I don't think Down are any better than Laois but I don't think the Laois lads care to much anymore so on that basis I think Down will win but sometimes the Laois fellas actually play to their potential and if they do I think we will win...
The last time we were hammered in a Leinster semi final (2006) we came out the next day and beat Tyrone in the qualifiers...guess I'm saying you just never know with this Laois team...
Last years qualifier was actually a decent game and one I felt we left behind us after we came back from 9 points down at half time,MJ Teriney missed a wide open goal with the last kick of the game to win it for Laois...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 06, 2009, 10:48:02 AM
Two bad teams,could go either way..

Exactly, but at lesat both teams will go out to play football.

guevara

POG,

Seriously dont even bother going into this argument, its a no brainer!!
"How are Down's All Ireland's recorded"? On the base of the Cup!!!! 5 times Kiddo !
First team to bring it back over the border!
Now away & knock us up a few copies on your Jonesborough DVD Burner of 91 & 94!!
Godd Lad!!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Brick Tamlin

Ok to get back to the proper topic of the actual match and less of the Armagh-bashing (ignore them and they will fade into the background) :P

last saturday's match wasnt a great spectacle and Down stumbled over the finishing line but what did we really expect. I like to think that we would be putting in a better effort aganist better opposition. Whats likely to be the starting 15, will it be the same again or what?

also, did anyone else notice how prominent Paddy Tally has become in the Down setup, seems to me that Ross is being somewhat ignored or not listened to by the players (and rightly so some would say), wasnt Tally out on the field giving the team final talking, just seemed that he was very vocal with the players.

The Worker

I would think there would have to be changes made for the Laois game. I really think Mc Kernan is wasted at full back, would much prefere to see him at CHF. or full forward,  with Garvey moving back to no3.! Fitzpatrick must be close to starting at midfield along side Dan. Is Aiden Carr available now?