Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Always thought the same about Lee but found this yesterday. In fairness I would have laughed at it and probably did about Chadwick too at times

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/6356963.stm

trailer

Quote from: Boycey on May 19, 2020, 09:08:25 AM
Always thought the same about Lee but found this yesterday. In fairness I would have laughed at it and probably did about Chadwick too at times

Slagging someones appearance is wrong. But slagging their shooting is fair game IMO.

TabClear

Quote from: trailer on May 19, 2020, 10:56:42 AM

Slagging someones appearance is wrong. But slagging their shooting is fair game IMO.

If by appearance you mean their physical features I agree, as was the case with Chadwick its wrong and effectively bullying. However, if any of my teammates turn up with bleached blonde hair in dreadlocks through choice they can expect to come in for a fair bit of stick and I dont think there is anything wrong with that.

johnnycool

Quote from: TabClear on May 19, 2020, 12:21:28 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 19, 2020, 10:56:42 AM

If by appearance you mean their physical features I agree, as was the case with Chadwick its wrong and effectively bullying. However, if any of my teammates turn up with bleached blonde hair in dreadlocks through choice they can expect to come in for a fair bit of stick and I dont think there is anything wrong with that.

Because they chose to be different?

Strange sense of humour or just bantz!

Boycey

Man Utds quarterly figures releases today give a snapshot into the problems clubs are having at present and will have going forward. Ive no link here but they're not hard to find.

On those rating linked about I thought they were very inconsistent but I suppose they are just one man's opinions at the end of the day and Ogden is decent with a well rounded view on Utd.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on May 21, 2020, 02:43:49 PM
Man Utds quarterly figures releases today give a snapshot into the problems clubs are having at present and will have going forward. Ive no link here but they're not hard to find.

On those rating linked about I thought they were very inconsistent but I suppose they are just one man's opinions at the end of the day and Ogden is decent with a well rounded view on Utd.

United have a £150m agreed overdraft which looks like will be used this summer with no ticket money coming in, every club in the top flight is going to run into issues this summer given its safe to assume nobody will be buying season tickets.

You'd think transfer fees will dip this summer for most players although getting Sancho out of Dortmund might be difficult given Dortmund don't have little debt but like most clubs in Europe they may run into cash flow problems.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 21, 2020, 03:12:17 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 21, 2020, 02:43:49 PM

United have a £150m agreed overdraft which looks like will be used this summer with no ticket money coming in, every club in the top flight is going to run into issues this summer given its safe to assume nobody will be buying season tickets.

You'd think transfer fees will dip this summer for most players although getting Sancho out of Dortmund might be difficult given Dortmund don't have little debt but like most clubs in Europe they may run into cash flow problems.

I'd imagine the hard part will be the wages. De Gea on 400k, Pogba will either go or stay (on an improved contract you would imagine) and then Elephant in the room returning from Inter.

Sancho's agent would be an idiot to not ask for 500k a week, Sancho has already proved in moving from City to Dortmund that it isn't about money for him, but that gives his agent serious power. I think the same agent (open to correction) was behind a bit of a scandel in him actually moving to City in the first place.

thewobbler

If football gets through this global crisis unscathed i.e. things like £100m transfers and £500k a week wages continue to be the norm, then it will be nothing short of a f**king travesty.

If ever a professional sport needed to implode and reset, it's football.

BennyCake

Quote from: thewobbler on May 21, 2020, 03:39:18 PM
If football gets through this global crisis unscathed i.e. things like £100m transfers and £500k a week wages continue to be the norm, then it will be nothing short of a f**king travesty.

Yeah, absolutely. I've said it for a long time, football needs a reality check.

Taylor

Quote from: BennyCake on May 21, 2020, 03:47:40 PM

It does but that will be down to TV not paying scandalous amounts for coverage and given the travel limitations there will likely be across the globe the demand for media coverage will be higher than ever

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyCake on May 21, 2020, 03:47:40 PM

If the Newcastle United deal goes through and talk of relaxed FFP. You might see the maddest summer of them all ahead.

Boycey

Forgot today for the 12th anniversary of John Terry day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=sTetzCGyZJ8

I went 52 hours without sleep travelling to/from Moscow but worth it all  :)

snoopdog

Quote from: Boycey on May 21, 2020, 06:15:50 PM
Forgot today for the 12th anniversary of John Terry day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=sTetzCGyZJ8

I went 52 hours without sleep travelling to/from Moscow but worth it all  :)

I was there also behind the goals with the penalties . Long aul day but a great day. Think it was a 4.30am flight out of Dublin. All day in Moscow and found a pub full of utd. The airport in Moscow going home was like a cattle market. I remember we were one of the last flights out before a storm shut them down for a few hours.