?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the green man on April 16, 2008, 11:23:31 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2008, 11:18:12 PM
maybe you lads who want to 'walk the ball into the net' think it wasnt to be construed as a 'change' but however far away, a clear sight at goal, a man who can hit the ball and hit it accurately then thats a chance.
crap and all as friends of mine were at soccer (and myself) we'd all have a pop if the chance arose from anywhere inside 30 yards,if you dont shoot, you dont score and that goes for soccer, football, hurling , basketball, ice hockey etc etc etc

to me thats a chance, and at worst it opens up a denfense who now sees that you can and will shoot from distance and come out to tackle - therefore opening up more space inside them,
The yanks call this 'keeping the defense honest'.

we will just disagree then
it was a chance to shoot whether he scored or missed imo

And if he had skied it over.. Its not a chance in the SPL. Samaras late on had a chance when he failed to take ball and defender into the net.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: hardstation on April 16, 2008, 11:24:26 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2008, 11:18:12 PM
maybe you lads who want to 'walk the ball into the net' think it wasnt to be construed as a 'change' but however far away, a clear sight at goal, a man who can hit the ball and hit it accurately then thats a chance.
crap and all as friends of mine were at soccer (and myself) we'd all have a pop if the chance arose from anywhere inside 30 yards,if you dont shoot, you dont score and that goes for soccer, football, hurling , basketball, ice hockey etc etc etc

to me thats a chance, and at worst it opens up a denfense who now sees that you can and will shoot from distance and come out to tackle - therefore opening up more space inside them,
The yanks call this 'keeping the defense honest'.

Well, it was obviously a chance, otherwise it wouldn't have gone in the net. However, it was a very slim chance. Out of 100 of those chances, how many would he have scored? Anyway, what is the debate here? He scored it and took it very well.
imo it was a bad shot that went well
plenty of people try to place the shot and it ends up missing or being saved
nakamura imo hit it as hard as he could and it swerved and went in
dont think it was meant, it was just hit as hard as he coul dhit it - so imo not  great shot , but a lot of shots in top flight football are mis hits or are not what th shooter intended.
who gives a feck though once they go in.

our rubbish low league team found that if we shot, a lot of them went in, so in spite of being a rubbish pub side we won our league and scored tons of goals - from shooting on sight.
Rem one run of 48 goals in 11 league games....and were still out on the p**s each night before the games!
:D

lfdown2

with caldwell red carded will bobo get a shot ye's think?

the green man

Quote from: lfdown2 on April 16, 2008, 11:44:19 PM
with caldwell red carded will bobo get a shot ye's think?

As I say, its on 606, so dont take it as gospel. If it was GS would find someone to partner Mick, but not Bobo I think. He dosent seem to have too much time for him. Bobo would soon make Darcheville and Novo think twice in the next OF game, thats for sure

lynchbhoy

gs will prob look for pressley or odea before Bobo

hope its Bobo though !

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Good performances tonight by Robson and Nakamura, two players labelled as "rubbish" on this thread recently ;D. Celtic were by far the better team throughout and justice was done in the end with the winner. JVH was lucky enough still to be on the park to score that goal because he did very little through the game but ultimately he justified his selection by knocking that one in. Still a long shot for Celtic to win the league but it will do them a power of good to have won that game and got the Smith monkey off their backs. The way it was going with Celtic being well on top then getting pegged back and missing a penalty it almost felt like the mid 90's again when they just couldnt beat Smith's Rangers in the big games. They came through it and got the win though and that will help them greatly. With suspensions and injuries now hitting Rangers they have a tough few weeks ahead.

mhacadoir

just back from glasgow, what an ending! i was sittin 8 seats away from the rangers fans, boy wer they sickened. i think robson was fantastic tonite, him and hartley work very well together, give the midfield more balance. great result, least makes he league interesting. if we had of drew that was it over.

lynchbhoy

while another win against rangers would finish it up nicely , it shows that Celtic have only themselves to blame this season.
The first OF game was ticking along nicely for them untilthey committed footballing hari kiri and conceeded. Chasing the game even more they made another def boo-boo and at 2-0 down it was all over. 3-0 or more , it wouldnt have mettered, from a position of dominating the game and looking the most likely, a draw would have been the least they should have got - not a tanking.
Second of game a few weeks back, similar. All Celtic and nothing to show for it.
It was like watching the mid 90's all over again.
Last night was gojng along in a similar vein. at 1-1 I was muttering to myself something about chickens roosting and not buying left backs last summer when it was obviously required.

the next game, with the monkey most def off Strachans back, he can send his team out more relaxed and to win.
The league is over, I cant see rangers losing three games, but Celtic can steady themselves for next season - a bit like rangers did this time last year.
Strachan made some good switches - swapping McGeady and Nakamura outfoxed rangers, but Celtic didnt capitalise on that. Having two skilled wingers, the play wasnt spread enough or quickly enough from wing to wing.
Robson confounded his critics and continues to shine whenever he plays rangers (for Celtic and Dundee utd).
But Strachan is limited to not being able to make good changes when up against it - then again not many can.
Hee needs to buy in the summer - if he is there.

nifan

Any word on how davis got on in the match?

T Fearon

Unofficially Davis was crap, or according to the Daily Mirror, he "wont want to remember this one for long" ;D Hardly surprising as he is a Villa and Fulham reject ;D

Rumours abound that Benfica want WGS. I think if he manages to win the League he will have done enough to even silence the doubters at Celtic Park and will deserve to stay in the hot seat

nifan

Sorry tony, I should of said can anyone with a modicum of credibility tell me how davis got on.
The daily mirror nor you really cut it im afraid

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on April 17, 2008, 10:03:48 AM
Unofficially Davis was crap, or according to the Daily Mirror, he "wont want to remember this one for long" ;D Hardly surprising as he is a Villa and Fulham reject ;D

Rumours abound that Benfica want WGS. I think if he manages to win the League he will have done enough to even silence the doubters at Celtic Park and will deserve to stay in the hot seat

how much do they want for him...I'll organise a whip-around!

as for Davis, the only comment that I will reply with to be as kind as possible, you didnt see enough of him to really fomulate an opinion...

ThatManJimmyMagee

Quote from: nifan on April 17, 2008, 10:17:34 AM
Sorry tony, I should of said can anyone with a modicum of credibility tell me how davis got on.
The daily mirror nor you really cut it im afraid

i have no idea how he got on either, but one things for sure - he wont be on in the next one after that performance!

Croí na hÉireann

Jaysus lads, it was a chance, I was screaming at him to take a shot when it opened up for him. Barry Robson had a couple of them in the second half too I felt that he should have gambled on. Speaking of which I couldn't believe that he was hauled ashore, one of our best players on the night. We had Hartley, Caldwell and Mick marking one man, yet WGS decided to take off our attacking midfielder who was well up for it. WGS got out of jail on the night, too slow to make changes, Samaras should have been on earlier for either Hartley or Caldwell. Would love to know what sparked off de mini riot at the end, would have to echo the fact that there was no problem in the previous 4 games at taking defeat. If there is suspensions it'll work in the Celts favour, get Bobo back in the center, no nonsense defending, clean sheets and leave de attacking to the fullbacks up. The wheels could come off the Rankers wagon yet...

One question, why is our dead ball expert not our penalty taker???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

nifan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 17, 2008, 10:27:06 AM
as for Davis, the only comment that I will reply with to be as kind as possible, you didnt see enough of him to really fomulate an opinion...

Where rangers playing a long ball game - i saw one report saying that they where pumping the ball forward and failing to run at celtic?