Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

nifan

Always thought riordan was a good wee player. Has he been poor when he has played or is he right that GS just doesnt like him?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: nifan on April 07, 2008, 10:52:21 AM
Always thought riordan was a good wee player. Has he been poor when he has played or is he right that GS just doesnt like him?
he's an alright player, but to be fair to him GS doesnt play him enough to get any kind of form or consistency going.
In his shoes, I'd be looking for a transfer. He's prob praying that GS leaves (as are a lot of people!)

Main Street

It's still the gripes of a player frozen out of the first team.
Riordan sounds like he had just too way much to keep in any longer and you could say has an impeccable sense of timing with the outburst.
It's damming in itself against Strachan when he picked Beattie ahead of him for the cup final.
You can understand why all the rumours were floating around in the absence of rational football reasons.
I don't know if Riordan is good enough for Celtic but he is good enough to do a good job for some team.

Essentially, Managers make mistakes & have their favourites (MON was no different), but those decisions only come under strong scrutiny when their favourites do not perform. It is the performance on the pitch that says most everything.
If Celtic were doing alright Riordan's article would hardly have registered 

mhacadoir

i feel for riordan, he hasnt been given a chance at all.
if WGS was not going to play him he should have let him go, gave him a chance to prove himself somewhere.

it's typical that once rangers have dropped points weve already messed up beforehand. a win on saturday would have made the title run in interesting at least. now, unless rangers fall apart completely i cant see us even getting close.

Rav67

Don't blame Riordan for this outburst actually because it must be terribly frustrating to be in his position, and most evidence would point towards WGS being a very conniving person when dealing with other people (the way he engineered Sutton and Thompson out of the club, Alex Ferguson's comments about him in his autobiography, Riordan- always "saying the right things" but never giving the boy a chance).

Strachan's position is untenable, I just wish he'd go now rather than the end of the season.

mhacadoir

just wondering, who dus anyone think would be a good replacement for him if he does go? strachan, not riordan!

Rav67

Quote from: mhacadoir on April 07, 2008, 11:58:13 PM
just wondering, who dus anyone think would be a good replacement for him if he does go? strachan, not riordan!
[/quote

I'd love to see Guus Hiddink or Slaven Bilic -  ambitious targets but more realistic than David Moyes.

If scraping the barrell - Mick McCarthy, Mark McGhee, Tony Mowbray.

illdecide

The arrogant we bollix believes he's done no wrong ??? ???

does he not realise that the only team we've beat in about 2 months is Gretna (f**king Lurgan Celtic would beat Gretna) and that he has lost 4 straight old firm games without scoring a goal against the huns. Them stats might be acceptable at Coventry and Southampton but not at Celtic... >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Just seen this on the BBC web site

Derek Riordan has refused to pay a £1000 fine and turned to the players' union after falling out with Celtic manager Gordon Strachan. (The Sun)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

It will be docked from his wages.
You got to admire Riordan, he's got balls.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Well a good attacking performance from the Celts today, great to see Skippy and JVOH getting back into the net, its been a while, not sure about Mick McManus scoring both ends!  ;)

Hopefully that is the cart back on the tracks, now a big performance on Wed against the Hun, and I can start dreaming of the league again.  ;D
Tbc....

Rav67

Was at the NFL game in Letterkenny so missed this today, the general consensus on kerrydalestreet was that Hartley and Robson were excellent together in the middle.  I wonder if WGS has the bottle to keep this partnership for the game on Wednesday?

nifan

Any of you guys know much of the youth team?
I hear good things about a young NI player Deaglan Bunting but havent seen him myself yet.

Croí na hÉireann

Celtic will have to do a manure on it on Wed and play Rankers off the field and destroy them on the scoreboard to stand any chance of winning the league. The fat lady is warming up...  :'(
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Read this post on an OF forum, the thread was basically Celts and Huns slagging each other in preparation for Wed game, it has me in tears of laughter - whatever floats your boat I suppose.   ;D :D ;)

My dear friends with the blue-tinged probosci,

I can only offer my sincere and humble apologies for any misunderstanding or distress caused by your presence on this thread. Would it be presumptuous of me to think that , due to the obvious incoherence of your postings, that you're both loyal paidup member of the KKK-BNP-TFOD branch of the Wee Arra Peeple Party? As this obviously qualifies you to sit in judgement on the inferior sub-humans who often inhabit the Celtic boards, I'm therefore just a tad surprised that you've lowered yourself to partake in any form of communication - and run the high risk of infection it entails - by conversing with such lower life forms as us poor, humble tims.

However, can I suggest that you inquire of your parent of female persuasion (note: that'd be the one without horns) if she is accomplished in the fine art of using cotton thread and needle? If she answers in the affirmative, can I suggest that you point her in the direction of that area below your fringe and above that place - in most normal people a space - just above your eyebrow? (singular).

In other words, could you very kindly rejoin the rest of your fellow hunched-back, cloven-hooved chums back in that dark, dank, slimy, primordial swamp, in that hole in the cave from which you emerged?

Thank you most sincerely for your cooperation.
Tbc....