Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrose

Are there any plans to 'stream' the replay, I can't make it to Newry on Saturday evening.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

champion1981

Quote from: thebar on September 19, 2019, 07:13:08 PM
Quote from: upandwin on September 19, 2019, 02:52:45 PM
Maybe it's a play on the word ciúin (quiet)...which would be quite ironic...that being said I don't think you have much to worry about Cuan, point won't win it (Think they've a very strong 15 but not much to bring on). Burren will walk it...Ballholland only team that can challenge them from what I've seen and that's out of sheer tenacity...Kilcoo have missed their chance

Big statement!! me thinking it might be the other way round!
Maybe it's a play on the word ciúin (quiet)...which would be quite ironic...that being said I don't think you have much to worry about Cuan, point won't win it (Think they've a very strong 15 but not much to bring on). Burren will walk it...Ballholland only team that can challenge them from what I've seen and that's out of sheer tenacity...Kilcoo have missed their chance

with adrian sharvin getting the replay with rice and faloon on the lines yous sure as hell can guarantee  it will be  a "look at me show"! Sharvin a soccer ref type,rice hates burren,and I dont even think Faloon likes himself  to be honest

general

Quote from: champion1981 on September 20, 2019, 09:13:04 AM

with adrian sharvin getting the replay with rice and faloon on the lines yous sure as hell can guarantee  it will be  a "look at me show"! Sharvin a soccer ref type,rice hates burren,and I dont even think Faloon likes himself  to be honest

What club does Faloon represent these days? ;D

terrifictommy

There's not many of the  refs left at this stage to choose from champion. Only Brannigan surely that's considered on that level? But he's prob earmarked for the final?

champion1981

When u really think of it ,f××k  the selection and standard of referees in down are terrible, gavin Corrigan and gabriel tumielty prob the best of recent times , faloon would cause a riot at best of times,jumped up p***k

terrifictommy

champion1981

Terrific Tommy 😂, you can forget about paul faloon as far as he is a man! On a serious note though  brolly wouldn't have half the medals I have 💪👌

forevergreen

Quote from: champion1981 on September 20, 2019, 12:45:31 PM
When u really think of it ,f××k  the selection and standard of referees in down are terrible, gavin Corrigan and gabriel tumielty prob the best of recent times , faloon would cause a riot at best of times,jumped up p***k

Jumped up or just has enough integrity not to be intimidated or sweetened to turn a blind eye. he's clearly highly thought off with the powers that be in intercounty refereeing.

champion1981

Forevergreen if travelling around the country to be a lines man, is  that what you call an inter county referee ? He hasn't done to many big games outside of the county has he?

forevergreen

Quote from: champion1981 on September 20, 2019, 01:29:22 PM
Forevergreen if travelling around the country to be a lines man, is  that what you call an inter county referee ? He hasn't done to many big games outside of the county has he?

A few more than Gabriel Tumilty or Gavin Corrigan....

terrifictommy

Do you need some salt for that chip Champion. Very poor form.
On a lighter note - Maybe we should consider games where there are no referee.

Are semi finals next weekend or two weeks away?

champion1981

I never said gavin or gabriel were intercounty  referees, but that said gavin did an all ireland final before,😁

charlieTully

Quote from: champion1981 on September 20, 2019, 09:13:04 AM

I lol at that last line.

befair

Quote from: forevergreen on September 20, 2019, 01:46:45 PM
Quote from: champion1981 on September 20, 2019, 01:29:22 PM

A few more than Gabriel Tumilty or Gavin Corrigan....

Don't know the man, but always found him an excellent ref; but the GAA will never change, no matter how many mistakes/wides/howlers our own team makes, blame the ref

hectorsheroes

A stunning assassination of anyone trying to control a match through their interest in GAA. Do you honestly believe they set out after a days work and possible family, job concerns they get their jollies having a go or a cut at a team? Is this a serious argument? Have you ever refereed a match? Seriously - cop on - or alternatively as seems popular lets keep kicking the shite out of people who bother their arse to take these hits - sure they're all wankers when we don't win