Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PTC

Donal ohare has been burrens top scorer and main danger so far in the championship, I'm sure kilcoo will bring plenty of fight into the game

champion1981

Cant see burren doing it tonight, unless they have improved big time, kilcoo by @least 7 points 😉 #eastdownabu

RadioGAAGAA

i usse an speelchekor

Cuan12

Yewtree and Smurf, I've news for yous clowns, you will not beat Kilcoo or Burren, ref did magpies out of this one but maybe not in replay

forevergreen

Cuan can you explain how in gods name the ref done kilcoo tonight?? McArdle was pulling the trigger and a leg went in for the penalty, I could see it from the terrace.

Barry black carded McAvoy (which was correct) but gave Rooney a yellow for the same tackle I. The first half.

Not to mention a litany of Frees for Laverty some of which were questionable and Aidan Brannigan had numerous fouls ignored.

Barry is a poor ref and certainly not strong enough for a game of that calibre but the last couple of frees where frees and Kilcoo should have kicked on but ultimately allowed Burren unto them and Ronan McGrath punished them with the last kick. Also Bear in mind Donals poor imiss prior to Burren last 3 points.

Draw fair result and both teams will have to improve

elk

Quote from: forevergreen on September 16, 2019, 10:08:09 PM
Cuan can you explain how in gods name the ref done kilcoo tonight?? McArdle was pulling the trigger and a leg went in for the penalty, I could see it from the terrace.

Barry black carded McAvoy (which was correct) but gave Rooney a yellow for the same tackle I. The first half.

Not to mention a litany of Frees for Laverty some of which were questionable and Aidan Brannigan had numerous fouls ignored.

Barry is a poor ref and certainly not strong enough for a game of that calibre but the last couple of frees where frees and Kilcoo should have kicked on but ultimately allowed Burren unto them and Ronan McGrath punished them with the last kick. Also Bear in mind Donals poor imiss prior to Burren last 3 points.

Have to agree ref definitely favoured kilcoo tonight worth 2 or 3 points to them

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: elk on September 16, 2019, 10:18:44 PM
Quote from: forevergreen on September 16, 2019, 10:08:09 PM

Have to agree ref definitely favoured kilcoo tonight worth 2 or 3 points to them

+1 - as a neutral it was a pretty awful game of football to watch.
Hard to believe that when the two best teams in the county meet, that Laverty is still the most influential player.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

befair

Kilcoo were the better team throughout, but gvae away some slack scores and cheap possession to keep Burren in the game. Having said that, Burren should have had a 2nd penalty and scored two great points late in injury time. Neither team is the strength of a few years ago, so spending big money on management teams to win Ulster is money down the drain. Fancy Kilcoo in the replay, but Warrenpoint could challenge them both

thebar

Quote from: befair on September 16, 2019, 10:33:09 PM
Kilcoo were the better team throughout, but gvae away some slack scores and cheap possession to keep Burren in the game. Having said that, Burren should have had a 2nd penalty and scored two great points late in injury time. Neither team is the strength of a few years ago, so spending big money on management teams to win Ulster is money down the drain. Fancy Kilcoo in the replay, but Warrenpoint could challenge them both

Cant argue with any of that...Kilcoo not what what they where and Burren even worse...Kilcoo the next day without a doubt, Burren are very average but then so is Down football in general.

DuffGael

Don't be getting too carried away ,in the championship you only beat 2 poor East Down teams. The yellas shifted 2 dodgy goals and it put a flattering score line on it ,15 scores to 9 really tells the tale. Carryduff will be relegated next year even with their league of nations, very few actually from Carryduff that came through primary school together etc. and then their U21s made up of Antrim lads, Saul ,Darragh Cross etc.

All bar 2 of Carryduff's senior panel are born,  raised and played underage age for the Duff. You seem to be the Donald Trump of this forum with your alternative facts. 

upandwin

Burren really got out of jail last night...as a neutral it was intriguing but a very poor watch in terms of quality!! Both teams really didn't do themselves justice and based on that showing I don't think Harps or Yellas or CPN will be fearful of anyone. Referee as usual let the occasion get true better of him, He had a shocker in the Kilcoo-CPN semi final last year and similar head scratching calls last night. He gave Burren a soft penalty then didn't give them a stone wall one later in the second half🤔 can't see Burren playing any worse in the replay, Kerr and Toner very quiet last night and Can't see them as shackled the nex day. Burren by 4 in the replay!! Think the winner of this tie v Ballyholland would make for a good semi final...Burren v Point final hopefully!!

terrifictommy

Not sure what game everyone else was at but the GaelicLife said it lived up to the anticipation!!

Neither game was great from a quality point but interesting all the same. You have to beat what's in front of you on the day.

Smurfy123

Very poor quality last night from both teams
An awful amount of easy balls given away and sly digs after tackles
The standard off football in Down is at an all time low. And even for 10 years it has been very poor with a barrage teams winning championships. It has been a while since we seen a real exciting team win it. Mickey Moran has not improved this Kilcoo team at all. Back to the drawing board. Yes they may win Down but no hope in ulster

champion1981

Smurfy it's not burren nor kilcoo fault outside them the standard is so bad in down,its upto every other team to get to burren and kilcoos level,magpies never got out of 2nd gear ,

Smurfy123

No Kilcoo and Burren are very average teams. Not near the Kilcoo team of 5 years ago. And Burren no where near the team of 2011. The standard including Kilcoo and Burren is crap