Connacht SFC 2019

Started by Rossfan, April 23, 2019, 11:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: galwayman on May 16, 2019, 01:53:43 PM
Quote from: mouview on May 16, 2019, 01:39:13 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 16, 2019, 01:26:06 PM
Teams named for Sunday's encounter.

Sligo: Eamonn Kilgannon, Michael Gordon, Peter Laffey, Keelan Cawley, Gerard O'Kelly Lynch, Darragh Cummins, Paul McNamara, Adrian McIntyre, Paul Kilcoyne, Mikey Gordon, Sean Carrabine, Nathan Mullen, Paddy O'Connor, Adrian Marren, Niall Murphy

Galway: Bernard Power, Eoghan Kerin, Seán Andy Ó'Ceallaigh, Liam Silke, Kieran Molloy, Gareth Bradshaw, JohnDaly, Thomas Flynn, Fiontán Ó'Curraoin, Shane Walsh, Michael Daly, Johnny Heaney, Antaine Ó'Laoí. Ian Burke, Danny Cummins.

Interesting Galway lineout. Big call on goalie, Power must have been pushing hard in training. Silke for Wynne improves FB line, while Molloy for O'Donnell (though in a bit of hard luck) also boosts that line I think. Hope O'Curraoin goes well in midfield, more suited there than Ml. Daly. Padraig Cunningham loses out in attack, but is probably behind the rest in the pecking order anyway. FF line a bit similar, but they'll switch about I'm sure anyway.

All assuming no late changes of course.
Not a bad side considering the absentees. Fully fit Conroy & Comer come straight back in. Cooke, McDaid, Sean Kelly and Kyne would be 50-50 to get in.
Duggan maybe if they go with a third midfielder.
Surprised he has dropped Lavelle, though I don't think there's much between them.
Podge Cunningham didn't do enough in London when given the chance to be retained for this game I think.

Happy with that team, never been a huge fan of FOC but Kevin Walsh clearly is. Great to see Molloy getting the start although you'd never know whether that team will actually start; Power is a funny one, didn't think he'd get back in but he must be doing well in training/challenge matches.

I'll be interested to see if McDaid has made the 26.

galwayman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 16, 2019, 01:56:06 PM

Sligo: Eamonn Kilgannon, Michael Gordon, Peter Laffey, Keelan Cawley, Gerard O'Kelly Lynch, Darragh Cummins, Paul McNamara, Adrian McIntyre, Paul Kilcoyne, Mikey Gordon, Sean Carrabine, Nathan Mullen, Paddy O'Connor, Adrian Marren, Niall Murphy

Galway: Bernard Power, Eoghan Kerin, Seán Andy Ó'Ceallaigh, Liam Silke, Kieran Molloy, Gareth Bradshaw, JohnDaly, Thomas Flynn, Fiontán Ó'Curraoin, Shane Walsh, Michael Daly, Johnny Heaney, Antaine Ó'Laoí. Ian Burke, Danny Cummins.

Interesting Galway lineout. Big call on goalie, Power must have been pushing hard in training. Silke for Wynne improves FB line, while Molloy for O'Donnell (though in a bit of hard luck) also boosts that line I think. Hope O'Curraoin goes well in midfield, more suited there than Ml. Daly. Padraig Cunningham loses out in attack, but is probably behind the rest in the pecking order anyway. FF line a bit similar, but they'll switch about I'm sure anyway.

Not a bad side considering the absentees. Fully fit Conroy & Comer come straight back in. Cooke, McDaid, Sean Kelly and Kyne would be 50-50 to get in.
Surprised he has dropped Lavelle, though I don't think there's much between them.
Podge Cunningham didn't do enough in London when given the chance to be retained for this game I think.

Happy with that team, never been a huge fan of FOC but Kevin Walsh clearly is. Great to see Molloy getting the start although you'd never know whether that team will actually start; Power is a funny one, didn't think he'd get back in but he must be doing well in training/challenge matches.

I'll be interested to see if McDaid has made the 26.
I'm pretty sure McDaid is not back in full training yet.

Rossfan

Admission prices from Ros/Rhubarbs €5 higher than Sligo/Galway >:(.
Both games are semi finals.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on May 16, 2019, 02:03:22 PM

35 euro on the day for a stand ticket for a provincial semi final. The Connacht GAA would need to cop themselves on.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 16, 2019, 02:18:33 PM

35 euro on the day for a stand ticket for a provincial semi final. The Connacht GAA would need to cop themselves on.

They have to make up for the short fall in takings at other venues. Mayo followers don't mind paying the extra bit. For Mayo fans it's all about the journey and showing support for their team to think otherwise would be "divisive and mean-spirited".

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 16, 2019, 02:31:57 PM

They have to make up for the short fall in takings at other venues. Mayo followers don't mind paying the extra bit. For Mayo fans it's all about the journey and showing support for their team to think otherwise would be "divisive and mean-spirited".

Your style of posting has become repetitive.

giveballaghback

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 16, 2019, 02:31:57 PM

Rhubarbs should be charged 45 euro so and let the few rossies that do travel in for 20 euro, we always mind being overcharged but are delighted that our rhubarb friends will subsidise us.

weareros

The Prenty Dome - the Taj Mahal in the bogs of Bekan - has to be paid for.

macdanger2

It was similar last year, the mayo v Galway quarter final was more expensive than the other side

Duine Eile

Call me cynical but I think this could be more to do with Kevin having an eye on the Connacht final and keeping Mayo/Ros guessing rather than him dropping Lavelle. Hopefully it goes well for Power, I'd have him ahead of Lavelle on kick outs, he also has Molloy to aim at now too which should suit him. Our full forward line is a bit on the small side, presumably O Laoi will drift out a bit like against London. Cummins lucky to hold his place after London, he had a nightmare. Hopefully he has a better day out this Sunday.

Rossfan

Any hope of Sligo having improved since the disastrous NFL campaign.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Rossfan on May 16, 2019, 05:12:19 PM
Any hope of Sligo having improved since the disastrous NFL campaign.
No
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

cornetto

Fionntain o curraoin was to start in London,was a little bit peaved when he didn't,
Molloy too another that was not happy and another unhappy camper was eammon brannigan who got the grand total of 2 minutes.
As I said in an earlier post team selection would determine who wanted to remain in the panel,I think the selections made go along way to ease those fears.Hope they all perform adequately.

Blowitupref

Galway have started as selected, Pat Hughes in for Adrian Marren the one change for Sligo.

5 mins played. Sligo 0-1 Galway 0-1

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

15 minutes played Sligo 0-1 Galway 0-1. A few missed frees and half of goal chance for Galway. Kieran Molloy off injured replaced by O'Donnell.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose