Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2020, 11:42:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 22, 2020, 10:57:36 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2020, 09:37:24 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 21, 2020, 12:54:35 PM
In fairness Antrim games could be held in a phone box for all that turns up.

Stop being a dick

Truth hurts.

Truth is that Tyrone are a single code county, who pay lip service to hurling and didn't start playing football till Mickey Harte took over

Antrim are a no code county. Who can't get 26 players out in the same f**king jerseys.

LCohen

Quote from: hardstation on January 18, 2020, 08:37:08 PM
Antrim, Armagh, Down, Derry, Tyrone and Monaghan.
Maybe stretching it with Monaghan but not by much!!

I don't know why you are mentioning all of those places.
For what it's worth, Cross and Attical are about an hour. Teemore isn't in a county I mentioned.

The fact is, Belfast isn't a very long trip from any of the above counties and I don't believe it is unacceptable to ask teams and fans from those counties to travel that distance for an Ulster semi final.

I think it would be fair to say that you would struggle to legally drive from any part of Co Monaghan to Casement in a hour and 99% of the county is definitely not within an hour of Casement.

Similarly South Armagh or West Tyrone would be a struggle.

There are not great alternatives to Casement but just think we should confine ourselves to the truth when making the case for or against Casement

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on January 22, 2020, 04:17:46 PM

Stop being a dick

Truth hurts.

Truth is that Tyrone are a single code county, who pay lip service to hurling and didn't start playing football till Mickey Harte took over

Antrim are a no code county. Who can't get 26 players out in the same f**king jerseys.

No code county? Very good,  continually hammering Tyrone in hurling since year dot. Tyrone has 15 Ulster titles at football and a no code county has 9, we've more than Derry and 9 more than Fermanagh. But seeing as you live in the present they don't count.

As for not getting out the jerseys,  that was the kit mans fault, he made a mistake (bit like Tyrone teams entering the Ulster club championship)  but sure, carry on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2020, 07:47:16 PM

Stop being a dick

Truth hurts.

No code county? Very good,  continually hammering Tyrone in hurling since year dot. Tyrone has 15 Ulster titles at football and a no code county has 9, we've more than Derry and 9 more than Fermanagh. But seeing as you live in the present they don't count.

As for not getting out the jerseys,  that was the kit mans fault, he made a mistake (bit like Tyrone teams entering the Ulster club championship)  but sure, carry on

There are clubs in Tyrone with more All Stars than Antrim has a county. A County with a population of over 600k.
It's almost 70 years since they won a USFC. But they're a sleeping giant with massive attendances!

Rossfan

An awful lot of that 600k would not be inclined towards things GAA.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bannside

Yes theres no doubt Antrim Gaa has been punching far below its weight for far too long. No one here disputing that. But theres a new board in place since Saffron Vision instigated a thorough root and branch upheaval that has resulted within a few short years in many very positive things that bode well for our future. We have Gaelfast, a programme that allows Antrim Gaa to tackle head on its biggest obstacle particularly in the city.....soccer. Many schools are participating that had zero interest in Gaa, teachers are being put through coaching courses and while it will take time for all this to manifest itself at senior level, at least that process has begun. Saffron Business Forum is thriving, and more recently Club Aontroma have been rejuvenated. The business community are buying in....something instigated by Declan O Neill from St Endas Omagh and his " Towards The Millenium" programme for Tyrone Gaa back in the early nineties. You see how that turned out, and spawned a lot of copycat versions in other counties. I should remind you Trailer that Tyrone were no world beaters back then, but a bit of organisation and structure got your show on the road and that is exactly what we are doing in Antrim right now.

I recall being part of a county squad that drew with Tyrone in a league playoff in Coalisland back in late eighties, and a draw got us promotion at Tyrones expense (before Declan O Neill got his project off the ground) so theres a lot of people here go back that far and know where we stand as a proud dual county that's now moving again in the right direction.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on January 23, 2020, 10:14:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2020, 07:47:16 PM

Stop being a dick

Truth hurts.

There are clubs in Tyrone with more All Stars than Antrim has a county. A County with a population of over 600k.
It's almost 70 years since they won a USFC. But they're a sleeping giant with massive attendances!

600k? Hmmmm is that representative of the GAA community?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: bannside on January 23, 2020, 11:00:21 AM
Yes theres no doubt Antrim Gaa has been punching far below its weight for far too long. No one here disputing that. But theres a new board in place since Saffron Vision instigated a thorough root and branch upheaval that has resulted within a few short years in many very positive things that bode well for our future. We have Gaelfast, a programme that allows Antrim Gaa to tackle head on its biggest obstacle particularly in the city.....soccer. Many schools are participating that had zero interest in Gaa, teachers are being put through coaching courses and while it will take time for all this to manifest itself at senior level, at least that process has begun. Saffron Business Forum is thriving, and more recently Club Aontroma have been rejuvenated. The business community are buying in....something instigated by Declan O Neill from St Endas Omagh and his " Towards The Millenium" programme for Tyrone Gaa back in the early nineties. You see how that turned out, and spawned a lot of copycat versions in other counties. I should remind you Trailer that Tyrone were no world beaters back then, but a bit of organisation and structure got your show on the road and that is exactly what we are doing in Antrim right now.

I recall being part of a county squad that drew with Tyrone in a league playoff in Coalisland back in late eighties, and a draw got us promotion at Tyrones expense (before Declan O Neill got his project off the ground) so theres a lot of people here go back that far and know where we stand as a proud dual county that's now moving again in the right direction.

I wish Antrim well, I really do, but complaining about the size of Stadiums when they brought about 500 fans to an USFC game V Tyrone last year just fucks me off.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on January 23, 2020, 11:31:37 AM
Quote from: bannside on January 23, 2020, 11:00:21 AM

I wish Antrim well, I really do, but complaining about the size of Stadiums when they brought about 500 fans to an USFC game V Tyrone last year just fucks me off.

Success brings supporters that's simple, even you can understand that.. The Ulster final with Tyrone in Clones there was an even split in the support. Before Harte and when they were winning the odd Ulster they didn't have big numbers either. Once you get the bandwagon going its hard to stop..

What annoys me most is seeing lots of people in and around Belfast or Antrim wearing Antrim tops and so on, I'd have a very good handle of players supporters and the like, I doubt very much they will have ever been to an actual game

Antrim Coaster

Stop being a dick

Truth hurts.

I don't see too many Tyrone teams playing native Irish games with the exception of Eoghan Ruadh - Dungannon, Éire Óg - Carrickmore, NCC - Coalisland and St Enda's - Omagh

trailer

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on January 23, 2020, 01:32:25 PM

Stop being a dick

Truth hurts.

I don't see too many Tyrone teams playing native Irish games with the exception of Eoghan Ruadh - Dungannon, Éire Óg - Carrickmore, NCC - Coalisland and St Enda's - Omagh

And Fintona, And Tullyhogue and Duiche Neil and Cuchulann na Gleannana.

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on January 22, 2020, 07:58:45 PM
There are of course outliers. There are some parts of Antrim that would be a struggle to make Casement from in an hour.
The vast majority of Armagh is within the hour.
As I said, Monaghan is a bit of a stretch but not by a great deal. A huge part of Tyrone can make Casement in an hour.

Anyway, this was based on the assertion that "Geographically, Casement doesn't lend itself well to hosting Ulster semi finals".
It often does.

Only an hour from Casement.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JimStynes

It must be terrible for all these people who haven't been to Croke park because it takes over an hour to get there.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: JimStynes on January 24, 2020, 08:11:17 AM
It must be terrible for all these people who haven't been to Croke park because it takes over an hour to get there.
Most of Dublin