GB Car Stickers

Started by Orior, September 04, 2019, 09:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you put a GB sticker on your vehicle?

Hell yes
5 (9.6%)
Feck no, never in a million years
47 (90.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: September 09, 2019, 09:44:22 AM

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: BennyCake on September 04, 2019, 04:35:15 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 04, 2019, 04:00:33 PM
No one with any self respect is putting that sticker on their car.

Unionists will.

Am I imagining it, or do some headbangers already run about with an "NI" sticker on their vehicle?

BennyCake

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 04, 2019, 05:06:59 PM

Unionists will.

Am I imagining it, or do some headbangers already run about with an "NI" sticker on their vehicle?

Can't recall seeing any of those.

But labelling your car is like wearing a GAA/Celtic Top . I don't have any distinguishable labels on mine, because I don't want a brick through my window.

Owen Brannigan

No need for GB stickers. All cars from OWC already have significantly different number plates from those registered in RoI.  Our cars have yellow rear plates and all RoI cars have the county on the plates. So, they can be distinguished easily.

Already we have our usual sectarian demarcation for NI cars when the owners take them to the continental mainland on holiday. Unionists have GB stickers, nationalist use IRL stickers and core Alliance voters use the non-existent NI stickers.

Also most use IRL stickers on cars on holiday to gain favour with the continental drivers who most likely will not like the British.

GJL

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 04, 2019, 08:24:20 PM
No need for GB stickers. All cars from OWC already have significantly different number plates from those registered in RoI.  Our cars have yellow rear plates and all RoI cars have the county on the plates. So, they can be distinguished easily.

Already we have our usual sectarian demarcation for NI cars when the owners take them to the continental mainland on holiday. Unionists have GB stickers, nationalist use IRL stickers and core Alliance voters use the non-existent NI stickers.

Also most use IRL stickers on cars on holiday to gain favour with the continental drivers who most likely will not like the British.

You can multiply that effect by about 1000 given recent developments.

armaghniac

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 04, 2019, 08:24:20 PM

In ancient times, NI cars never needed a sticker in the ROI, while GB ones strictly speaking did. Which makes sense as their sticker said GB.

QuoteAlso most use IRL stickers on cars on holiday to gain favour with the continental drivers who most likely will not like the British.

Mind you, this is strictly illegal.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

I'm commissioning a witch-hunt for the 4 jokers, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Aristo 60

Many of us up here in the North do get excited by 'personalised' English number plates it has to be said.

A different discussion I suppose.

As recent ago as the nineties you wouldn't have seen many English plates and they would even have been treated with suspicion in some quarters but who blinks an eyelid at them now.

armaghniac

When the Republic comes, and the day is not far off, the vain will just have to have the same number plates as everyone else.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

Looking forward to getting my hands on TY20 SAM next year.
For sale TY19 SAM £500 ono

red hander

Unionists will.

As they rage against the dying of the light

Rossfan

Quote from: trailer on September 06, 2019, 12:34:00 PM
Looking forward to getting my hands on TY20 SAM next year.
192 or 202 nowadays ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

Quote from: trailer on September 06, 2019, 12:34:00 PM
Looking forward to getting my hands on TY20 SAM TY201 MCKENNA next year.

Fixed that for you.

BennyCake

Seen a 'NI' sticker on a car today. Don't recall ever seeing one before.